Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Found ya again, Wendy!!

I'm making saltines off and on...have the yarn and a tote next to my desk, so when something is slow on the computer...I'll give K a total at the end of the week.

Where did everyone go? It is so quiet in here. :think

Most of us in the US are still asleep. I would be if this back pain would go away :P It will as soon as the pill kicks in then I'm back in Lalaland for another couple hours :D

I did finish up all the saltines for my last column of the argylesque before going to bed the first time. :yay I sewed the column together. All I have left is to sew the third column to the first two and if I think it's wide enough then I add the border and I'm done :dance Gosh, I hope it's wide enough :lol

Good Morning, all. :) It's cloudy and drizzling...great crochet weather after I plow through laundry, etc. :yes

Tracy, it has been pretty quiet here lately. Maybe everyone is madly making squares or maybe they're on their way to Cara's. ;)

Cara ~ I hope your back feels better soon. :hug That's great about almost finishing your ghan!

Hi to Wendy and Judy, too.

I don't have much to report since I haven't made any progress since my last report. I did find another skein of the I Love You yarn in white in my stash so I can postpone my trip to the nearest Hobby Lobby for a little while. I'm in business for a few blocks more.

Evening everyone. I am tired, I need to relax. :) Took the children to town for 4 hours today, it is the first day of their week off and I am tired ALREADY! Anyone want a 10 year old girl and almost 4 year old boy (I don't think his parents would mind) for a week? :devil Please?

Almost finished the baby sleeping bag, I need to work on my Casa. I didn't do any saltines for a couple of days and feeling lost. I have visions of my poor Casa staying in its bag for months on end. :eek

Cara, I was just reading your "Thank me, come again" essay. We have to do all that too (culture shock for me, in South Africa they packed your bags). My mom just stood at the checkout waiting the first time she came to visit and did shopping. It was funny. :) Then when she went to SA on holiday and started packing her own shopping, she got dirty looks from the bagger. :eek Oh, and the trolley rounding, we have to "rent" the trollies by putting a pound coin into a slot on the handles and if we want our money back, we have to take the trolley back to the stand and clip it back into the row of trollies so our coin comes out. :yes

Tracey -

We have both kinds of stores. My main store has free carts (trolleys) but you have to bag your own (bring your own bags or they provide the empty boxes from the groceries on a shelf). The other store has free carts and bags for you. A store I use occasionally, you have to rent the carts AND you have to bag your own (bags not provided)....

The "discount" stores are the ones that do less.

Tracey -

We have both kinds of stores. My main store has free carts (trolleys) but you have to bag your own (bring your own bags or they provide the empty boxes from the groceries on a shelf). The other store has free carts and bags for you. A store I use occasionally, you have to rent the carts AND you have to bag your own (bags not provided)....

The "discount" stores are the ones that do less.

Our main ones provide bags, but you pack. The discount one (where I was this morning cos they were supposed to have yarn on sale and two hours after the sale started they were all sold out, I don't think they stocked enough :() we have to rent the trolley, and you can either use the boxes from the shelf, buy bags when you get to the till or bring your own bags (which is what I usually do, I "borrowed" my mom's shopping bag with wheels :lol). I use my own cos they are stronger and the wheels makes it easier to walk home with the shopping.

Howdy doody everyone,

I see everyone is hard at work making saltines.

Mary well done your slowly creeping up the ladder.

Shay where are you, havent seen you in here in a while.

Well its Terrific Tuesday here today. Have to get ready for work soon.

Krystal - 19 solids and 9 bicolors. I now have all the squares crocheted for the rest of the LotL. On to joining now.

My troubles with the IRS started with a roommate who stole from me and bankrupted me while I was on disability and so overmedicated I didn't know what was going on around me. Then I lost my job with its $60,000+ annual salary and ended up with less than $10,000 a year in income and no health insurance. My home was foreclosed on in there, too. There just hasn't been any money to pay the back taxes. Oh, well. Something will work out eventually.

Cara, I took the pattern for Becky's Blocks and increased the width and length and am making a preemie afghan in bright orange. It's cute.

Cara, I was just reading your "Thank me, come again" essay. We have to do all that too (culture shock for me, in South Africa they packed your bags). My mom just stood at the checkout waiting the first time she came to visit and did shopping. It was funny. :) Then when she went to SA on holiday and started packing her own shopping, she got dirty looks from the bagger. :eek Oh, and the trolley rounding, we have to "rent" the trollies by putting a pound coin into a slot on the handles and if we want our money back, we have to take the trolley back to the stand and clip it back into the row of trollies so our coin comes out. :yes

Gee, I guess I'm spoiled. My two closest grocery stores offer both paper and plastic bags, sack everything and take the cart to your car if you want them to. I always take my own, but it's nice if you have a sprained ankle like I did last year. :yes

Thanks, Mary. I don't know if I can get it finished by the weekend or not. It would be nice since a bunch of John's family will be here then. It started out that it would be his folks and one sister. Then the sister's daughter and granddaughter were added in. Now another sister and two or three of her family are coming, too. We're going to have a very full house.

Our main ones provide bags, but you pack. The discount one (where I was this morning cos they were supposed to have yarn on sale and two hours after the sale started they were all sold out, I don't think they stocked enough :() we have to rent the trolley, and you can either use the boxes from the shelf, buy bags when you get to the till or bring your own bags (which is what I usually do, I "borrowed" my mom's shopping bag with wheels :lol). I use my own cos they are stronger and the wheels makes it easier to walk home with the shopping.

I couldn't imagine walking to get groceries. I'd have to shop every other day. My groceries fill the trunk of my car every week. :eek

Hard work? Me? No, not me. But sshhh, don't tell Krystal, she wants to know our points. :devil

I can hear you... :tryme

Krystal - 19 solids and 9 bicolors. I now have all the squares crocheted for the rest of the LotL. On to joining now.

My troubles with the IRS started with a roommate who stole from me and bankrupted me while I was on disability and so overmedicated I didn't know what was going on around me. Then I lost my job with its $60,000+ annual salary and ended up with less than $10,000 a year in income and no health insurance. My home was foreclosed on in there, too. There just hasn't been any money to pay the back taxes. Oh, well. Something will work out eventually.

Linda, did you use a tax lawyer? I know someone who went through major issues like yours, and the tax lawyer fought to get the payments reduced and some of the fines waived. It also prevented the IRS from seizing a whole bunch of stuff (like accounts). It might be worth looking into.

Thanks, Mary. I don't know if I can get it finished by the weekend or not. It would be nice since a bunch of John's family will be here then. It started out that it would be his folks and one sister. Then the sister's daughter and granddaughter were added in. Now another sister and two or three of her family are coming, too. We're going to have a very full house.

Have a lot of fun!

Archived