Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

I loved the first few episodes of Torchwood, but the times were strange here and I kept missing them. I have seen a couple of episodes of Primeval (one a couple of weeks ago) and that was good too, but again the times it is on doesn't always work for me. :( Hopefully when the house is more sorted then I will be able to watch more of the programmes I do like.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
here are where most of my 170 saltines for this past week went...

Trip Around the World in scraps

crafts002-1.jpg

random quilt blocks

crafts001-1.jpg

Shelly, I love what you've made with the squares! The nine patch with the variegated is a great idea. :hook

All cleaned up from working outside all day...hope I can get out of bed in the morning. :lol We're going to watch the Super Bowl and I'm going to make some squares. :crocheting Hope everyone has had a good weekend.

Wendy... the size of the TAW is 24" x 24" right now... I guess the size depends on how many scraps I find to use.. my variegated balls are running low and each row needs more squares I have a few that I can do repeat on so I'm going to be doing more plain rows and a few less varigieted rows. if I do about 4 -5 more rows it will be big enough for a baby ghan so that's what I may do...

I have a lot of small balls of variegated that I can make 4 or 5 squares out of so I figured 9 patch blocks then sew them together in a quilt... probably baby size.. not sure yet..

I have a question: I have 16 -- 9 patch blocks that are red and green. I made them before Christmas and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.. should I border each one of them in white and join them or join them as is and put a border around them ...this is how they are made..

red / green / red --- green / red / green

green / red / green --- red / green / red

here are where most of my 170 saltines for this past week went...

Trip Around the World in scraps

crafts002-1.jpg

random quilt blocks

crafts001-1.jpg

Shelly, those are lovely.

I don't know if you know this, but you can't substitute wheat flower for white flower on a one-to-one basis. To get the best results, you need to put in 2/3 c wheat for every 1/2 C of white it calls for. Wheat doesn't absorb the liquids as much as white, so it will wind up too dense if you don't substitute this way. I'm not that smart, I read it somewhere.

I do know that it is denser, but didn't know about that way to solve the problem. The fix I've seen and used is to double the amount of soda in the recipe.

I have a question: I have 16 -- 9 patch blocks that are red and green. I made them before Christmas and I'm trying to figure out what to do with them.. should I border each one of them in white and join them or join them as is and put a border around them ...this is how they are made..

green / red / green --- red / green / red

I think that I would put a single row of white squares between the 9 patch blocks. It might be a bit overpowering otherwise with all the alternating red and green together.

Hi, Wendy!

I was sitting there at the end of the Super Bowl game last night and had to pull out my yarn to make some saltines - it was that or continue biting my cuticles:P

What a terrific game...:c9

Night, Wendy.

Good morning, everyone else. We're getting RAIN! WHEEEEEE!!!! I ache, but we need the rain so badly I don't even care. Kim's still sleeping and I'm trying to wake up.

Cara, I got my Paint Shop Pro program. I now have to learn how to use it. Played with it over the weekend but it's going to take time to learn.

I have 1 row left to join and then will have 3 blocks together of the 5 that are ready on the LotL. The next two will go together faster as there are only two colors of yarn to use for the joining instead of a different color for every block like in the last two blocks. I'll have a new picture this week. :hook

Good Morning, all. :)

Linda, that is wonderful news about your rain! I hope you get lots before summer. :yes And congratulations on the LotL progress.

I made a few squares last night while the game was on. DH will be gone until Wednesday, so I'm hoping to get a little more crochet time. :hook

Good morning ladies :flower

Judy - Glad the Giants won! My sister is very happy I'm sure :D

Linda - Which version of PSP did you get?

Didn't get any crocheting at all done yesterday :no Ran interferrence with the cats while BD did some stuff on our audio/visual stuff yesterday.

Then we went and got 21 rubbermaid tubs from my sister (she's recently moved and she uses those to pack in so I bought 'em off her cheap :D) and I started cleaning up my room! :yay BD said I could just store the stuff I wanted to in the attic. That helps tons!

I really just want to keep out my yarn, fabric and certain other craft supplies that I use a lot. I've filled 8 tubs so far and my house that I spent all day cleaning is now a mess again but hopefully I'll get it all finished today. Now the challenge will be just getting BD to put the tubs up in the attic :lol

Great job organizing, Cara! Maybe BD needs a bribe to put the totes in the attic;)

:lol Might not be a bad idea :D He was very productive yesterday. He doesn't get like that often but I love it when he does because things get done :yes

:lol Might not be a bad idea :D He was very productive yesterday. He doesn't get like that often but I love it when he does because things get done :yes

Tell him he's s**y when he does things like that:D

Mary and Linda- sounds like you both got good deals on the yarn. Linda- hope you enjoy the ILTY-- it is so nice and soft ,and Mary, I didnt know they were canceling out TLC yarn. Must not have sold real well, since some of the colors were almost exact of RH colors, although it was a nicer and softer feeling yarn. Too bad they couldnt have just combined the 2 and added those colors to the RH line .

Wendy- you picture ghan is coming out nicely-- you are braver then me, trying to design one on your own. I wouldnt be able to do it .

Cara, it's 8.1

I've got block four half way together so far today. It sure goes faster when I'm not changing the color of the joining yarn every square.

Morning everyone,

I woke early today, had the radio on loud so I knew I would not oversleep. DH and DD10 come back today. I have to pick them up from the airport after work. No change with my FIL, he is still hanging on but he is on a lot of medication and sleeps most of the time.

Linda great progress, cant wait to see the next pic. Its great that your getting rain, hope you get lots of it.

Mary keep going with the square making, its endless I know.

Judy howdy doody. Im glad the Giants won for ya.

Cara wow 8 bins full of stuff, will there be room for it all in the attic and as Tracy says you will now have room for more wips.

Julie thats great, the dreaded white part is nearly done. Good for you. You will be so proud of yourself when its finished.

Julie - Great progress on the PS! Bet you'll be glad to finish it! :clap:cheer

Wendy - Oh yes, there's tons of room in our attic. It's 850 sq ft with 10 ft ceilings. We figure it is so large because a 2nd story was planned but never done. We might add the 2nd floor some day...then again we might not :lol

I called 1-800-RENT-A-NEPHEW and lo and behold for 20 bucks he came and moved the stuff into the attic and took out the garbage! My room is now clean and tidy!!!! :jumpyay:dance:woo

Hi Julie! The PS pattern is so pretty - good for you on getting so much done. :hook

Cara ~ Too bad we're not closer...I could use your Rent-a-Nephew once in a while. :lol Congratulations on getting your sewing room organized! Tracy's idea is great - more room for new stuff now. ;)

Hi Wendy. :waving

Archived