Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Morning everyone,

Thankyou everyone for your kind thoughts.:hug

Judy your ghan is gorgeous so far.:clap

Cara take it easy today.:hug

Ok I still havent taken a photo of mine, sorry about that.

Im going to my Mum's place today and might do more on my Beckys Block quilt. I only have 4 blocks left to do.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara, I have to say thank you to you for a very pleasant afternoon/evening. I was reading your writings on your website and they had me giggling while I was crocheting, had to check to make sure I hadn't fallen off the chair a couple of times. :rofl

Judy, I was also wondering about staggering the blocks. I think I will do one plain one just to see the size and then work out from there how many of each to do. (I just realised you can be addicted to more than one thing at once :yes )

Ok here is my photo. It seems to look better from far away but up close the blues just look like colored squares everywhere. I know you can only do so much with squares but do you think its going to be ok. I have to remember that this is how it would have looked in a cross stitch as well. Ok Im being too picky here arent I.

th_P1030150.jpgclickable.

Tracy - You're most welcome :D I like writing I just don't seem to have anything to write about very often :lol

Wendy - Looks good to me! :yes Only thing you might wanna think about with the cross stitch patterns is all the extra colors. They work for shading in miniature but sometimes it's best to just make them all one color for the squares. More the coloring book theory :)

Cara should I have left out the dark blue in the water.

I think you should keep going on it. Most times when it's all done it really comes together. I think you're gonna be pleasantly surprised :yes

Cara are you sure it will look fine, as Im ready to take it apart. Can you see what the grey part is gonna be.

You might be happier if you redo the water area. I think it's worth figuring out though because the boat and sky are really great :yes Maybe just simpler would be better :think

You might be happier if you redo the water area. I think it's worth figuring out though because the boat and sky are really great :yes Maybe just simpler would be better :think

You've got it, Cara...I couldn't put my finger on it. Simplifying it is a great way to go.

Cara I always make it hard for myself. The more I look at it the more I think at least the dark blue should come out. Its also very wide, it goes right across my queen size bed and hangs over the edge a bit. What was I thinking. The grey or brown if thats the color you see is supposed to be a whale, next block along has his tail in it.

Ok what if I take out all the dark blue and the white and just make it all blue and Im wondering if I make the picture go sideways on the bed then the block that I just added leave it that length. That way it would fit a single size bed which is where its going.

Cara I always make it hard for myself. The more I look at it the more I think at least the dark blue should come out. Its also very wide, it goes right across my queen size bed and hangs over the edge a bit. What was I thinking. The grey or brown if thats the color you see is supposed to be a whale, next block along has his tail in it.

Ok what if I take out all the dark blue and the white and just make it all blue and Im wondering if I make the picture go sideways on the bed then the block that I just added leave it that length. That way it would fit a single size bed which is where its going.

Oh okay now I see. Yes, I would take out the darker blue and the white. For the whale I would change some of the squares to the bicolor ones to smooth him out and you should be on the right track then. And if you're taking out the squares anyway, I'd move the whale a little to the left. He is kinda close to the edge. But that's just my opinion on that. I think making the picture sideways should be fine on a single bed especially if it's against a wall like most singles are. :yes

The whale on the left like that is because there is a gigantic whale to come in the middle.

Cara thanks for your input. I will take a break from it today and do my zebra round ripple and look at it again tonight.

Going to mums place now back later today.

K.. put me down for: 170 solids and 2 bi-color for this week..... I'll try to get a picture of my TAW tomorrow.. it is 2' x2' square now

Wendy.. I'm with Cara I'd do some bi-color squares and round out the Whales..

K.. put me down for: 170 solids and 2 bi-color for this week..... I'll try to get a picture of my TAW tomorrow.. it is 2' x2' square now

Wow!:clap:clap

Hi Ladies. :) You all are great...I love the way we can come here for help and advice. Wendy, sounds like you have worked out a plan!

Wow, Shelly! You've been busy with little squares. :crocheting

I had fun shopping today. HL had just what I needed for Leslie's Flower Quilt. I got TLC Light Lake and Medium Lake for the flowers, ILTY in Yellow and TLC Medium Thyme for the border. They're discontinuing TLC yarns :(, but it was on sale for $2.16 a skein and I used a gift card!

Ok here is my photo. It seems to look better from far away but up close the blues just look like colored squares everywhere. I know you can only do so much with squares but do you think its going to be ok. I have to remember that this is how it would have looked in a cross stitch as well. Ok Im being too picky here arent I.

th_P1030150.jpgclickable.

I like this very much, Wendy. I agree with others about using some bicolor squares to smooth out the whales' outlines. Maybe a black one for an eye?

WOW!!!! Way to Go, Gal! :cheer:clap:cheer

busy-bee how about a copy of your cookie recipe I have a grandgirl and myself who are both diabetic and am always looking for low sugar recipes...

It's in the "Betty Crocker Cookbook" It's listed as a variation of the Oatmeal Cookie recipe. My modifications were to substitue Splenda for the white sugar and substitue olive oil for the butter/margarine. I was going to substitue whole wheat flour for the white flour, too, but forgot on this batch. Even John likes them and he's not much of a sweet eater.

Shelly - Wow! Great work on the saltines! :clap

Mary - Nice buys there! What color is Lake? Is it a blue? They had some of the TLC on clearance at our HL the other day too and I picked up the one color they had out. Probably should've gotten more but there'll be more soon I'm sure.

Hi Cara. Yes, the Lake colors are really pretty blues-the medium is almost a periwinkle and the light is just a bit darker than RHSS light blue. Our JoAnns have them, too. My "new best friend" at HL told me that customers are complaining about their getting rid of TLC and they are reconsidering...

DH is sweetly grilling a steak for dinner, so I'm off to make a salad.

Archived