Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Morning everyone,

A pinch and a punch for the last day of the month, well here any way.

Im glad you all like my song. Hope it got you all in the saltine mood not that we really need any encouragement when it comes to saltine making.:lol

Cara that book sounds great is it the one that has been advertised in here. How exciting for you to be seeing the baby.

Shelly hope Angel's eye is ok. Poor thing it must really be hurting.

Mary are those fires still going or have they got them under control. Be careful wont you.:hug

Julie Happy 50th birthday to you, hope your having a great day.:hug

:birthday:flower :flower :flower:cake:party

Ok off to get ready for work. At least being thursday it means the end of my working week as I dont work fridays. Im sure looking forward to having the 3 day weekend.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shelly, hope Angel is ok. :hug

I liked the poem Wendy, I think I will just be working on saltines tonight. :yes DD has claimed almost all my scrap bits for her knitted squares, so I don't have much to work on for my scrap crochet squares!! All the more time for saltines, I say. :devil But I still feel so guilty working on something for me and not for someone else. :blush

Tracy dont feel guilty, its nice to just make something for yourself now and again.

I am comforting myself with the thought that my next project for Kyla is being planned already. :yes She wants a quiltghan with a triquetra on it in amethyst and bubblegum (to match her Bratz themed room she wants). :eek I still have to work out the design as the only one I have found so far looks a bit wonky.

Oh dear, Cara's saltines ARE taking over the world. :eek

This is my plan :D

Wendy - Yep, it's the one that's advertised on here. It's got some stitches I have in other books or ones I already knew but there's lots of new ones too :yes

*squeal* AND my sister just emailed to say they're coming next weekend and bringing little baby Peyton!! :jumpyay I get to see the baby!!! :manyheart

Oh, Cara, what fun!!! Enjoy!!!

I was thinking of it, she loved the bus and name ones I made. I got this chart in mind, but will have to play around with it a bit, but shouldn't need too many changes. Was thinking of doing it for her birthday in June (I must be insane).

That is a really neat looking pattern, Tracy. Go for it!

Krystal, add 12 bicolor squares to my total.

I now have all the squares done for the next 5 blocks and only have about a dozen squares left to hide before I start sewing them together. Wheeeee!!!

Shelly, I sure hope that Angel's eye is ok. Best to get it checked out right away. Scratches on the eyeball are no fun at all.

Here's an explanation of that symbol, Tracy - and have you thought of doing the design as a graph ghan? In hdcs it should go fast.

Triquetras (Charmed Symbol) and Triple Moons

Long before the TV show "Charmed" adopted this ancient Celtic Triquetra symbol it , and the Triple Moon, were used in Pagan and Wiccan teachings. It represents the threefold nature of the Goddess: As maiden, mother, and crone. The triquetra symbolizes the three faces of the Goddess, balance of Mind, Body and Spirit. The circle signifies the ever-turning cycle of life, death & rebirth. The Triquetra is a fantastic way to represent the power of three and celebrate the divine feminine.

K - 7 solids today

Got it

Sing this famous song fellow Saltine makers.:yay:yay

I've been working on the Saltines

All the live-long day.

I've been working on the Saltines

Just to pass the time away.

Cant you see the pile mounting

Right up the corridor

Don't you hear Miss Krystal shouting

"Hurry up and make some more"

LOL! :rofl

K - 30 solids for me tonight.

Night all.

Thanks, and Good Night!

the grand Angel didn't go to school today.. she came in from playing outside yesterday and she complained of her eye hurting.. it was all ucky with what looked like some kind of drainage in it. we put her eye drops in and the drainage just kept coming.. this morning her eye was all swollen... so we called her Dr. and we have to take her in as soon as we can get her there which will be after Hubby gets home from work.. they think she may have gotten something in there and scratched the eye.

Eeew and yuck. Hope you figure it out.

Krystal, add 12 bicolor squares to my total.

OK!

well they are back from the Dr. good news and bad news.. there is no scratch... she has pink eye so we have drops for it... DD#1 got chewed out 'cause Angel has gained 7 pounds since Sept... Angel (as far as I'm concerned) does not overeat .. she is extremely active ... she does have a belly on her but she's always had that... DD was told to cut out the sugar- the only sugar in the house is in hubby's room in his closet... she was told to cut down on her sweets she doesn't have sweets... I think the next time we take her I will go and talk with them... I'm not going to change her eating ..

Shelly - the only way to get a kid to lose weight safely is to gradually replace snacks (like crackers and chips, things like that) with fresh fruit and vegetables. Even normal kid snacks like yogurt, cheese, etc. are laden with excess calories that adults and kids certainly don't need to eat.

There was a very interesting study that took hundreds of kids that measured overweight or even obese. Then they asked the parents what they thought of the child's weight. Just about every parent said their child was "just the right size". Then they showed them pictures of other kids that were the same height and weight, and the parents said the OTHER child was overweight. It's just our protective nature, to not want to admit our kids have health issues. Most likely if the doctor has said something, as much as you love her, there probably is some room for change.

Here's an explanation of that symbol, Tracy - and have you thought of doing the design as a graph ghan? In hdcs it should go fast.

Long before the TV show "Charmed" adopted this ancient Celtic Triquetra symbol it , and the Triple Moon, were used in Pagan and Wiccan teachings. It represents the threefold nature of the Goddess: As maiden, mother, and crone. The triquetra symbolizes the three faces of the Goddess, balance of Mind, Body and Spirit. The circle signifies the ever-turning cycle of life, death & rebirth. The Triquetra is a fantastic way to represent the power of three and celebrate the divine feminine.

Thank you Judy. :hug I have never done a graph ghan before :blush but that sounds interesting. How is it done and how would I convert that chart to do it, please? :manyheart

Krystal.. that is what she gets... we do not have chips in the house unless it is a special occasion... she has a bowl of cereal with milk.. ( like cheerios) for breakfast... usually she has snack in school at about 10:30 and they have to be healthy ones except on birthdays... for lunch she has a sandwich and fruit and a glass of milk or water... she usually has a small snak at 3Pm when her sister gets home and has one.. supper she has whatever we have which is prepared with a diabetic and a heart patient in mind.. then she has a bed time snack of usually fruit or veggies .. except for the very occasional diet soad we do not have soda in the house... drinks are 3 glasses of milk a day other than that it is water or plain tea.. she gets very little that is different than her sister who is a diabetic gets.. I know she weighs more than other kids her age but she has been that way from birth.. she weighed 10 pounds 9 ounces then.. I even talked to my nutritionist about it and she said we were doing everything right... she also is 10x more active than her sister... we have to make her lay still to get to sleep

Thank you Judy. :hug I have never done a graph ghan before :blush but that sounds interesting. How is it done and how would I convert that chart to do it, please? :manyheart

I'll print out the chart (I downloaded it already) and look at it more carefully and get back to you with more specific directions. Depending on the size you want it to be, each square in the graph equals one stitch (normally a sc). It can equal 2 stitches too, if you want the pattern to be bigger and it won't distort the design. I'll check it out tonight and get back to you by tomorrow. As long as you know how to change colors you can do it, esp when it's only one color change.

There's a free "Preemie Heart" available for downloading from the citiusa site for practice if you're interested.

I'll print out the chart (I downloaded it already) and look at it more carefully and get back to you with more specific directions. Depending on the size you want it to be, each square in the graph equals one stitch (normally a sc). It can equal 2 stitches too, if you want the pattern to be bigger and it won't distort the design. I'll check it out tonight and get back to you by tomorrow. As long as you know how to change colors you can do it, esp when it's only one color change.

There's a free "Preemie Heart" available for downloading from the citiusa site for practice if you're interested.

Thank you, I will have a look. :hug I am always up for learning something new. :hook Oohh, I think I might just be getting excited. :yay

Thanks, Judy! I've learned something new today and it's really interesting. :)

Thank you, I will have a look. :hug I am always up for learning something new. :hook Oohh, I think I might just be getting excited. :yay

If you have any questions, ask away. PM or email is fine. I'm always happy to convert people to making graphs - just like Cara loves it when we use the saltine patterns from her site. BTW, my ATW is actually beginning to take shape! I love the colors.

Thanks, Judy! I've learned something new today and it's really interesting. :)

You're welcome. I'm always curious about things and looking up stuff:D

Shelly ~ I'm glad you all found what is wrong with Angel's eye. 'Hope it gets better soon.

Tracy, what a wonderful project! I can tell you're braver than I am. :D

Finally got some crochet time this afternoon...working on the Dragonfly ghan and still thinking about little squares.

Archived