Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Well, it's been an interesting afternoon to say the least. Wildfires came within 3 blocks of our house and we were evacuated for about 2 hours! I put Zoe and Maggie in the car along with my cell phone and purse and that's all the time the Rangers let me have. Thank goodness no houses in our area were burned. They let us come back home about 30 minutes ago. The wind was gusting up to 60 MPH all day.

Okay, I don't want any more excitement for a while. :)

Wow, Mary. That's scary! Glad you and yours are okay. Our barn burned down when I was in high school and that was really scary, too. I can still see the flames shooting out the hayloft door when I think about it. It was touch and go for a while as to whether it would be just the barn or the rest of the buildings as well.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Ladies,

Thanks for your well wished this morning. I had a great time and gain a wealth of knowledge and confirmation on some that I already had.:lol

I didn't get to :crocheting like I thought that I would. The meeting was jam packed with breakout sessions. I only got to do 2 there but I've done quite a bit since I've been home. I'll give K my tally later. Off to do some more:crocheting.

Howdy everyone,

Mary wow that was scary for you, Im glad your all ok there.

Tracy thats early for her to be starting high school and its weird starting in september.

Here the kids go to kindy at the age of 4 and once they turn 5 they start school. They have to stay at school until they are 17 and it all depends on what their age is as to when they finish. So in Kelly's case she is going to be 14 this year in year 8 so she will finish year 12 when she is 18 but for Emma she will be 13 the year she starts year 8 high school so she will be 17 when she finishes year 12.

Private schools here can cost up to $15000 a year per student. I know across the road the lady there was glad when her kids finished so she didnt have to pay that amount anymore, she had 2 going to private school. I really dont think they get any better an education by going private.

Anyway had to go to the doctors today and while I was waiting in the reception area I got a few saltines done. I got so involved in them that I was hoping the doctor wouldnt come out and call my name when I was right in the middle of one. Weird Huh.

Sing this famous song fellow Saltine makers.:yay:yay

I've been working on the Saltines

All the live-long day.

Just to pass the time away.

Cant you see the pile mounting

Right up the corridor

Don't you hear Miss Krystal shouting

"Hurry up and make some more"

Wendy, I know what you mean about wanting more time...whenever I bring a crochet bag to the doctor's office (for myself, anyway) I never have a long wait:(. On the other hand, when I go to FILs doctor I get LOTS done:lol

I have a few more saltines to join to the ghan and then I'll make more. I've only caught myself attaching 2 of them backwards so far...LOL!

Good Morning! I hope today is calmer than yesterday, but we're under fire warnings again...the wind is really strong from the South this time. I had planned to be home today anyway. :yes

Wendy, your song is so cute. Like Cara, it will be going through my mind all day. :hook

Julie ~ I just saw on another CAL that today is your birthday. I hope you have a great day! :cake

Trying to get some cleaning and laundry out of the way so I can crochet for a change. Have a good morning. :manyheart

Sing this famous song fellow Saltine makers.:yay:yay

All the live-long day.

Just to pass the time away.

Cant you see the pile mounting

Right up the corridor

Don't you hear Miss Krystal shouting

"Hurry up and make some more"

Wendy, I LOVE it!!! All together now!

:cakeHappy Birthday, Julie!!!:cake:birthday :birthday :birthday

Oooh speaking of b-days I got a very generous Amazon.com gift certificate for mine and I ordered the 365 crochet stitches a year calendar by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss and it got here this morning! :yay This is a fantastic set of stitches! I'm so excited!! If y'all are looking for a stitch library I definitely have to recommend this one!

:yay Cara, you get to play with the baby. :woo

Wendy, it is strange to me for the school year to start in September. Our year was always from January to December and then we came here and she has it all different! I still don't understand when the teacher tells me she is in Level 4 in the class and she doesn't know how to explain it to me :think. I just knew about higher, standard and lower grade for the subjects and then getting A, B, C etc when writing the exam. My 6 year old nephew in South Africa has just started Grade 1 and he will be 18 when he finishes school, if he doesn't get kept back for failing a year (which I don't think he will). I turned 14 my first year of high school, so I feel DD will still be a baby when she starts. :)

Hi Gang

Just saw the birthday wishes-- yep, it's today--the big FIVE-OH .

Thanks very much for all the nice wishes ! Still no flu, the pills just make you feel crappy, but Cam is feeling better, so that's most important to me .

Will stop in again when I get the chance .

Happy Birthday Julie... 50 is no different than 49 just a day later... I'm hitting 54 in Feb.. my worst birthday was turning 30 after that it was a piece of cake...

I just got up again.. woke up at 6Am got the grandgirl up and off to school lay down and slept until 1PM.

the grand Angel didn't go to school today.. she came in from playing outside yesterday and she complained of her eye hurting.. it was all ucky with what looked like some kind of drainage in it. we put her eye drops in and the drainage just kept coming.. this morning her eye was all swollen... so we called her Dr. and we have to take her in as soon as we can get her there which will be after Hubby gets home from work.. they think she may have gotten something in there and scratched the eye.

Oooh speaking of b-days I got a very generous Amazon.com gift certificate for mine and I ordered the 365 crochet stitches a year calendar by Jean Leinhauser and Rita Weiss and it got here this morning! :yay This is a fantastic set of stitches! I'm so excited!! If y'all are looking for a stitch library I definitely have to recommend this one!

Uh-oh...something else to add to my Amazon list, and it's not getting any shorter! I just haven't been able to pull the plug and actually buy any more crochet books - yet:lol

Archived