Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Cara now that christmas is over I'm getting ready to start on my Earth and Sky quilt.. I have all my yarn written down and am keeping it seperate so I can have a pretty reasonable count on how much yarn I'm using... ...So now off to start making itty bitty saltine squares.... I want to see if I can beat Wendy and her 2000 saltine goal... especially if it turns out as nice as I think it will.. as soon as I get it done and everything written down I'll send you the instructions for your site

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Shelly ~ You know you've made us all curious now! :think Can't wait to hear more about your quilt ghan.

31 squares made tonight...my right hand is sore so it's time to quit for now.

Have a good night everyone. :manyheart

Linda

Cant wait to see your shawl it sounds real pretty.

Shelly

That sounds real pretty...cant wait.

Cara

Thanks :hug...I have learned to deal with it and since we moved down here to NC i have been able to go out more and i don't have near the problems i did in WV...i wish i could take pills to but they always make me sick...im a wuss :yes im good right now tho :xfin Hay it keeps me at 122 pounds with lots of crochet time so thats got to be a plus right?? :lol

Cara now that christmas is over I'm getting ready to start on my Earth and Sky quilt.. I have all my yarn written down and am keeping it seperate so I can have a pretty reasonable count on how much yarn I'm using... ...So now off to start making itty bitty saltine squares.... I want to see if I can beat Wendy and her 2000 saltine goal... especially if it turns out as nice as I think it will.. as soon as I get it done and everything written down I'll send you the instructions for your site

Shelly cant wait to see your pattern. I see we have a competition going now. Bring it on Shelly.:lol

I havent even started any saltines yet. I really like the desert star but know i will have to buy lots of yarn.

UHOH Shelly and Wendy ---

Sounds like we have the Battle of the Saltines !

A challenge has been thrown out.

Who will respond to it ?

who will win the Ultimate Saltine -making Contest ?

Who will cross the finish line first with a completed bedspread-sized afghan ?

Who else is brave enough to step into the ring with these 2 ?

Did I hear the names Krystal and Tabby on the wind ?????????:D

Hi Ladies. :) You all are such a bad influence. ;) I have to force myself to keep up with the usual boring stuff when I'd much rather be crocheting. Spent most of the morning organizing the office and tax files. I'm not finished, but enough of that for one day. :yes

I hope you are all having a great day. Tabby, we miss you and hope you are okay. :manyheart

Hi Ladies. :) You all are such a bad influence. ;)

We try our best :devil

I hope you are all having a great day. Tabby, we miss you and hope you are okay. :manyheart

I was just wondering about her myself this morning :yes Hope everything's okay Tab :hug

Smackdown

Shoot i will be lucky if i get the woven blocks and the desert star done!!

We all know that Wendy would win,throw her in the ring :boxwith a bag of yarn and a hook and she would take us all on the saltines :rofl

I was also wondering about Tabby last night!!!

Shay, I wouldn't be too sure of that I have been known to do some fast and furious saltine making in my life.. I'm just a little rusty.. but I've been limbering up with some larger squares...

I think Cara should be the referee seeing as it's all her fault that we are so interested in making these quilt-ghans

OK Wendy bring it on...

I'll referee... haven't y'all noticed that I haven't made but 10 saltines in my piddly little life?

Who will join in?

"Not I", said the dog....

Although... I *did* mention a new quilt I was thinking on. Too bad I have two others in the works that need finishing NOW, and another with yarn purchased and ready to go.

Morning everyone,

Ok Im ready for this challenge Shelly.

Cara how are we going to do this. Im still deciding on a pattern, its probably going to be the desert star but I do have a picture quilt in mind. I went to bed last night dreaming of colors and saltines.

In my picture quilt pattern there are only about 30 out of 810 bi color squares to make. gotta love that.

The only problem I have with this picture one is that its a cross stitch pattern and so with them you use a lot of outlining. Do you think the picture would still come out ok without the outling.

This is how *I* think it should be done:

One point for each regular saltine, TWO for each bi-color saltine. Those darn things take FOREVER!!!

And 3 points for special squares that are 2 or more colors but in combinations that aren't a straight bi-color. Or should that be 4 points. :think

What kind of waves? I can think of several ways depending on what the exact effect you want is. Do you have a picture of what you're trying to come up with?

Linda the picture has the ocean in it with a boat so instead of just bicolor squares which would give weird looking waves I need the waves to look more curved.

Krystal looks like your the referee.

Cara when do we start or has Shelly already started making squares. I will put in my siggie my itty bitty square tally which at the moment is zero.

Linda the picture has the ocean in it with a boat so instead of just bicolor squares which would give weird looking waves I need the waves to look more curved.

Krystal looks like your the referee.

Cara when do we start or has Shelly already started making squares. I will put in my siggie my itty bitty square tally which at the moment is zero.

I would still say that whatever squares have been made since January 1 on this project (not on finishing up something else, say) would count. Unless of course, Krystal has a cutoff date type situation in mind then I say she picks at start and stop time. That could also be fun.....quick draw squares! :lol

Let me give it a little thought and do a little experimenting to see what I can come up with. I'll try to have something by the end of the week.

Archived