Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Linda - I'll let you in on a little secret - not all of the projects over there are for Christmas, and I don't really care. ;)

That's true. I noticed it, but the whole idea is a great motivator, no matter what it's for.:hug

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good morning ladies :flower

Laundry day here today. And I have got to clean out my stupid pantry. I've put it off for months and it's out of control. I can't find anything. Hoping it doesn't take too long. I'm almost done with the red Goddess then I can move on.

Have a great day, my friends :manyheart

Oh, rats! No picture. I've done that, too. Although I am doing much better at documenting my work now that I've joined Crochetville. I never used to take pictures of anything I'd done. :( Now I have no record of them.

Ditto!

Do you also seem to have the problem that either the lid or the bowl part disappear? :think

Oh, do I have that problem! Even tried putting the lids on the containers after washing them. Didn't work. Add kids to the mix and it's hopeless. I'd have lids galore and containers galore and none of them matched. :lol :lol :lol And it's not all that much better now that it's three adults in the house. :lol :lol :lol

Happy Monday, everyone. :)

Shelly, it's so good to see you here again. It sounds like you had a great time with your Mom.

Kim ~ a belated "Happy Birthday to You"...and congratulations on getting so much crocheting done! :hook Please let us keep you company when your DH is away and tell him Thank You from me, too. :hug

Oh good grief my Tupperware cupboards (I have two) are ridiculous. Organized but way too much! And as soon as lid disappears or BD puts them in the microwave after I've told him not to, the bottom gets tossed. Otherwise I'd be buried in Tupperware :lol

Pantry is clean :bow And now the bloody dryer chime is going off. It just never ends some days :lol

I've had a quite Monday morning, getting caught up on various CALs and printing off a lot of snowflake patterns. (I am sooooo far behind on my one a week snowflakes!) John will be leaving for the airport in about a half hour. He's flying to Texas again to meet with clients and won't be back until some time Friday, so it's girls week here again. His parents are coming for a week long visit next Saturday, so it'll be a bit hectic here for a while.

Cara, I have finally figured out the Paint Shop Pro and can make it do what I want it to do most of the time. Over the weekend I graphed out the Pained Desert pattern. Can I submit it with picture of the 1st block to go by or do I need to wait until it's finished?

I am still working on the Rooster pattern. I've got all the pictures together of the special squares, but still have to write out the instructions. (MAJOR PAIN!)

Cara, I have finally figured out the Paint Shop Pro and can make it do what I want it to do most of the time. Over the weekend I graphed out the Pained Desert pattern. Can I submit it with picture of the 1st block to go by or do I need to wait until it's finished?

I am still working on the Rooster pattern. I've got all the pictures together of the special squares, but still have to write out the instructions. (MAJOR PAIN!)

Oh absolutely! You've got more than enough done to show the concept and we can always add the full size photo when it's complete. I'm absolutely dying to add some of your patterns :D As far as the instructions on Mr Rooster do you mean the special square instructions? You don't have to worry with the other stuff that's basic in all of them and I can figure out the yarn amounts for you. But I don't know your special squares so, yes, I would need that :blush

Oh absolutely! You've got more than enough done to show the concept and we can always add the full size photo when it's complete. I'm absolutely dying to add some of your patterns :D As far as the instructions on Mr Rooster do you mean the special square instructions? You don't have to worry with the other stuff that's basic in all of them and I can figure out the yarn amounts for you. But I don't know your special squares so, yes, I would need that :blush

Goody! I'll get the directions written up and get it to you on the Painted Desert as that one's easy. It's the instructions for the special squares that are driving me crazy on Mr. Rooster/Sir Clarion that are giving me fits. It's so much easier just to do them, than to explain them. I'll get to work on both though.

Goody! I'll get the directions written up and get it to you on the Painted Desert as that one's easy. It's the instructions for the special squares that are driving me crazy on Mr. Rooster/Sir Clarion that are giving me fits. It's so much easier just to do them, than to explain them. I'll get to work on both though.

Sir Clarion...what a wonderful name! :clap

What was I thinking? I'll never get everything done, so I finally decided enough for today. Just a slight problem - my hands are sooo sore from all the yard work lately. I have some ILTY in two shades of blue and it's much easier on my hands than RHSS. So, maybe another gingham in blues? DD has at least two friends who are expecting, so I'm sure it will have a home. :hook

Howdy everyone, I have the day off today, yippee... Im taking the girls bowling.

Kim happy birthday to you, hope you had a great day.

Shelly thats fantastic news. :yay I too wanna see your ATW if possible.

Linda thats amazing news for you as well. :yay I bet your excited to be getting a piano finally, you have been looking for so long. What a great name for your rooster pattern, I like it. Its very nice of you to share your patterns with everyone Linda.

Mary just take it easy today and as Tracy says the blues will look gorgeous.

I thought you might like to see my Zebra Brights Round Ripple, measuring 74 inches, as you can see it takes the whole of my queen size bed. Photo is clickable.

th_P1030396.jpg

I think we should name the rooster Pot Pie - that story made me laugh hysterically!

:rofl :rofl :rofl

Wendy - The Zebra Ripple is amazing! Great colors. Excellent job :h5

Ooh I laid down on the couch for just a quick little nap. Figured the uncomfortableness (is that word?) of the couch as a bed would keep it short. Oh no. Almost 3 hours! :eek Now I'm so behind it's not even funny. BD get off a couple of minutes and I don't even have supper started.

Linda thats amazing news for you as well. :yay I bet your excited to be getting a piano finally, you have been looking for so long. What a great name for your rooster pattern, I like it. Its very nice of you to share your patterns with everyone Linda.

I thought you might like to see my Zebra Brights Round Ripple, measuring 74 inches, as you can see it takes the whole of my queen size bed. Photo is clickable.

th_P1030396.jpg

Thank you, Wendy. It still feels amazing to me that anyone else would want to make them. But I promise to get on the stick and get them off to Cara in the near future.

Also, your round ripple is absolutely stunning! Great Job!!! :yay:clap:yay

Ooh I laid down on the couch for just a quick little nap. Figured the uncomfortableness (is that word?) of the couch as a bed would keep it short. Oh no. Almost 3 hours! :eek Now I'm so behind it's not even funny. BD get off a couple of minutes and I don't even have supper started.

If you slept that long, you obviously needed it. BD will understand. You were doing a lot today. :hug

I am home I wasn't planning on going anywhere today but got a nice check in the mail from Social Security.. they goofed up my checks so I didn't get my SS for 3 months today I got the whole amount they owed me...I went to the Dollar store and bought $40 worth of yarn most of it is Lion suede .. when we went to Walmart they had the same stuff for $5.97 a skein.... I'm not sure what I'm making with it... anybody need some suede? I bought some shorts for the girls and some shoes for the grandAngel... Haley got several pairs of shoes from my sister.. Haley is going on 11 and she wears a size 7 1/2 womens shoe.. she is over 5 foot tall already...

Kimberly, Aloha! I'm glad that the vog isn't bad. Sounds like you've been crocheting up a storm. Good for you. :crocheting

It's a bummer when hubby's forget b-days and anniversaries. And that he's going to Kuwait sooner than expected. Thank you so much for defending what needs to be defended. Your sacrifices are appreciated more than you know. You're both in my prayers. :hug

:birthday:cake:birthday:cake:birthday

Thanks Linda... I appreciate the kind words and cute b-day graphics.

:hug to you!

And welcome back, Kim :hug I'm glad y'all are safe from the vog. That's a long time for a volcano to erupt isn't it? Or does it usually go that long? I know nothing about them but they seem awful scary. Maybe DH is planning a surprise or something for this evening. I never count them out til bedtime :lol But from me to you.....

:bday

:hug :hug :hug

Hi Cara... The volcano has be flowing since the early 80's, I think? The trade winds usually blow the vog away from us... so we are waiting for trade winds to return.... No.. so surprise from Hubby. That's okay. I love him and he gives me everything I need. (It's the things I want.. that I usually don't get..:think yarn, chocolates, you know the essentials :D)

Kim- I'm glad you survived. One of my best friends is in Okinawa with her husband. They live with the "wondering" when and if his 3rd tour will be coming. I can't imagine. I have so much respect for them.

So, thank you to you and your family.

Hello... Thank you for kind words... email that friend in Okinawa and tell her I said "Aloha!" I love to hear my friends. :manyheart

Kim...happy birthday, and keep on hooking through the vog! I love your idea of the birthstone-themed ghans for your daughters!

And Thank you for the many sacrifices you and your DH have to endure as a military family.:hug:manyheart

HI Judianne.. Thanks for the b-day shout out!:hug I think the birthstone-colored afghans would be a great distraction for me. I'm honored to be married to my soldier. :manyheart

Kim ~ a belated "Happy Birthday to You"...and congratulations on getting so much crocheting done! :hook Please let us keep you company when your DH is away and tell him Thank You from me, too. :hug

Holy Cow Mary.... "Please let us keep you company when your DH is away.." that phrase brought tears to my eyes.... Thank you for touching my heart. :2blush

my cup runneth over..

Archived