Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Oh joy...more storms on the way and they are supposed to last til tomorrow a.m. Linda, I hope these aren't headed your way, but I sure want to get them out of here. :lol

Great progress on your quilt ghan, Linda! :hook I'm going to finish the border on the gingham this afternoon. :)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara I got the person that bought the penguin ghan wanting to make her own saltine quilt, so Cara eventually saltines will rule the world.:lol Are you sure you wouldnt want a saltine wall, did you tell BD, talk about a wall hanging.:lol this would be huge.

Mary wow more storms, nice weather to stay indoors and crochet lots.

Linda well done, block 5 already, its going to look awesome.

I got more done on my picture quilt. Nearly finished the dolphin, boy its hard when you have traced a picture onto a graph and from there your making the squares according to how they go in the squares. I still want to make a whale to go in this picture too and also have to make the boat look more real somehow, might put a fishing line on it or something like that.

36 outta 72 saltines done :jumpyay Just two more rows :hook

I bet you're finished by now! :crocheting

The gingham is completed. :cheerIt's so dark out because of the weather that pictures will have to wait until tomorrow. The flash just doesn't show true colors. :yarn:no:yarn

I like your idea of putting things away for them. For now I am just trying to keep up with the now things and fixing Kyla's school pants that she somehow split and needs for tomorrow! :angry

:lol I remember those days!

I loved making both the Bus ghan and Just Ducky...but then it must be obvious by now that I love all the patterns. :D I've given some away, but am keeping some just in case DD and her DH decide to get pregnant one of these days.

Just caught up with 3 or 4 pages of posts. Beautiful work Colleen! :cheer

I think I'll do some saltines tonight. Last night I was busy joining. I'm working pretty slow but steady! This weekend hubby and I are taking a trip to Auburn Alabama so I can attend a conference. So, I'm sure I"ll get some crocheting done in the car.

I also got some dahlia bulbs planted yesterday. Now I just have to hold my breath that it won't freeze. I'm thinking we are done with winter but it's suppose to be in the 50's this weekend (again)! It's been absolutely gorgeous all week!

Anyway, I hope everybody has a great evening!

Hi Daphne! Slow but steady is good. :hook Enjoy your weekend trip if we don't see you here before then.

The county just to the west of us is under tornado warnings...here we go again. :(

Good night, everyone.

Mary, good luck with the weather. Please, don't send it to us. We need the rain, but not the hail, high winds, and tornadoes.

got some more done on my blue/var/white blocks... I played baseball with Angel.. she is so excited we signed her up to play T-ball ..it starts the beginning of May Tues and Thurs nights for 6 weeks.. she wants to play babseball for the Yankees when she grows up... she has been saying that since she learned to talk... Haley is signed up for softball... it is just a recreational league designed to teach the kids the basics of the game... it got up to 65 today but for the last 2 nights we have had mosquitoes that are driving me crazy.. I want to leave the door open...

Cara, are ya really sendin' it to me?

:heart

Yep :yes But I'm afraid it's gonna be next week. I've worked and worked and worked on sewing it together. It's down to being in two halves but then it's needs a border. No way I can get that done before I have to leave tomorrow :no So, just one more week and I'll send it to ya :manyheart

Good morning, everyone. I'm up early for some reason.

Wendy, the Becky's Blocks turned out very, very pretty. Wonderful job!

I took a nap yesterday afternoon, so didn't get much done crocheting. Too many other things that had to be done around the house. I'm hoping for better luck today, although I have several errands that need to run this afternoon.

Yep :yes But I'm afraid it's gonna be next week. I've worked and worked and worked on sewing it together. It's down to being in two halves but then it's needs a border. No way I can get that done before I have to leave tomorrow :no So, just one more week and I'll send it to ya :manyheart

REALLY?!?!? You mean, REALLY?!?!? You're honest to goodness gonna send it to me? Wow!!! I was only joking, and you took me serious! Not that I'm going to turn it down, I absolutely LOVE IT!

And this week, next week... it's all the same, and I don't really want you to push your wrists too far. Did I miss something? Where are ya going? I do hope you get to take your :yarn and :hook with you!

My secret pal just informed me that she got her reveal parcel so I can now show you my Bettys Block Quilt. She absolutely loved it

th_P1030283.jpg

That's really pretty! You get some really nice colors there in Oz. I like that peachy/maroon color a lot.

Wow, Cara - you're almost finished. :hook

I couldn't sleep last night because of the storms, so I got the Ohio Star yarn and started on squares for the 3rd block. (The first two were finished in the Spring...of 2007 :blush) Then the power went out, sirens were going, and it finally calmed down about 5 a.m. Our power just came back on and the yard is a total mess, but no major damage. There is a big tree down the street - in the street. Off to rake and sweep I go...

Archived