Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Hi everyone. I didn't have time to do much crocheting yesterday. It was unseasonably nice here (woohoo) so I spent the best part of the day outside raking <groan>. We have our house on the market and we're having an open house tomorrow, so aside from fridays yard work I spent today cleaning (spring cleaning to be exact) , this means I dont have to clean at all for at least a week.......right ? LOL

I have my first 2 rows joined together and started the third. After I got used to what i was doing it sped right along. Im sort of using Julies method, except I'm using sl st instead of sc (I just so dread whip stitching). I hope it will turn out okay doing it this way. Cara your desert star is so gorgeous. Im glad i decided to make that one too.

For all of you ladies that want to move to Texas, I hope you can handle the heat, LOL. I lived there for 8 years and I have never been so hot in my life...course I was born and raised in Michigan so thats probably why. Now I want to move south again because I'm getting older and I can't stand the cold. I should make up my mind. Hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend so far.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I whipstitched most of my last one together like Julie sc her's together. Looked strange to start with, but starting taking shape when doing the verticals. I am also putting my Casablanca together like that (when I get a chance to work on it :D).

Mary, thank you, I will be there as soon as I can. :devil

Taking the children to Adventure Zone today, not looking forward to walking in the rain to get there, but it is worth it for a few hours peace. :yes I have my knitting socks and a SP project packed in to take with. Oh and my laptop. :D

Good morning ladies :flower

I did not want to get up this morning :no But it's grocery shopping day so I have to get going pretty quick before the crowds get there. I didn't even pick up my hook yesterday. I played games instead. Decided on a little change of pace. Gotta stop at JoAnns while I'm out to get more black yarn so that should steer me back in the right direction :hook

Hi ladies. :waving I hope you all are having a good weekend. We're going to my parents this afternoon for my mom's 90th birthday get together.

Tracy, you sound really creative about keeping the kids occupied. I hope you're able to get in some crocheting. :hook

Krystal, I know it's still winter in NY...stay warm and enjoy your Sunday. :yes

Hi, Mary and Cara - have agood day! I'm cooking corned beef and cabbage today...not going anywhere, so it's a perfect day to do that.

Stay warm, K!

Well that was a nice trip to the market. It's the middle of the month but the stores were empty. Guess everyone slept in late. I was the only person that wasn't an employee in JoAnn's. That place is usually packed on Sunday mornings. But shopping all done for at least another 2 weeks. Think maybe even 3 weeks :D

Can I join you ladies? I recently found this thread and checked out Cara's site. I fell in love! I just started the Windwalker Lapghan in Burgandy, Navy and Aran that I'm going to do for my MIL for Xmas.

come on in Brenda and join the fun... Cara has sucked a lot of us in with her pretty patterns... then you stop by to check them out and MUH HA HA...you are ensnared .. trapped in her evil web...

Hi Cara... how are you today?

I'm feeling kind of yucky so I'm going to go back to my cozy chair and take a nap...

Morning everyone,

Another hot day, hopefully the last in this long heatwave.

Judy corned beef and cabbage, yummo, any leftovers.

Cara do you only have summer there, how hot does it get there, I know we are experiencing a lot of hot weather but it probably gets hotter where you are. Am I right.

Linda hows the pattern coming along.

Brenda welcome to the group, you will love it here and Cara's patterns are the best.

Shelly hope you feel better soon.:hug

Well I was making a project for my sp but it was supposed to be turned into a bag but now its just going to be a cuddle quilt as normal. Im nearly finished and Im just not sure what to do with it. My girls are too big for a cuddle quilt.

Gotta go to work today, what a bummer.

Brenda - Welcome to the group :hug That sounds like a fabulous color scheme you have planned :yes

Wendy - We have winter it just doesn't last but about a month. And it's not really winter. More like autumn. Got up to 111 degrees one day last year here. That's close to 44C :sweat Once when I lived on the border it was between 118-120 for almost a week. Cattle were dying and people were getting sick. :no

Still gaming today. BDs thrilled about that even though I'm not playing with him :lol Supper time now :D

I'm thinking about corned beef and carrots and potatoes and cabbage. With tomorrow being St. Patrick's day, it really sets my taste buds to work. Will have to get the ingredients, but that just requires a trip to the grocery store. Hmmmmm.....

Brenda, welcome to the group. Your colors sound great!:welcome

Wendy, I've got 10 squares done so far. Need 36 for the first block.

Glad you're feeling better, Cara.

Welcome, Brenda! Those colors sound pretty together:hook

Wendy, there are leftovers...but I don't think they'll survive the trip to your house:( Wish I could just pop over for a cuppa....:)

Okay, I've done a graph of the new pattern, which will give you at least an idea of what it will look like although the colors aren't all that close.

DCP_1371.jpg

Archived