Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Good morning ladies :flower

Wendy - Sleep well, my friend :hug

Linda - Yummy! Everything sounds delicious :drool Hope you get a little crochet time in this weekend.

Mary - Have fun with DD. :hug

Daphne - You'll find yourself fudging lots in crochet. Thank goodness it's not the fattening kind :lol

Trying to decide if I'm up for the day or not. Man it was hot in here last night. Can't sleep well when I'm hot :no Really need to get a stronger a/c unit for the bedroom. That or switch back to the bedroom that's cooler but our bed won't fit in there :lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi everyone

Mary, have fun at DD.

Linda, thats a lot of baking. We baking banana bread today, but the cheating way, it is in the bread machine. Along with all the pears (which somehow Daniel has made a big dent in that pile :eek) were a load of bananas and some kiwi fruits. Still trying to decide what to do with those. Maybe Daniel will move onto them when he has demolished the pears? :think

Cara - maybe you need one of those water-cooled blankets? Like the astronauts have inside their space suits?

Ooh seriously wonder if you can buy one of those? :think

Good morning ladies :flower

Trying to decide if I'm up for the day or not. Man it was hot in here last night. Can't sleep well when I'm hot :no Really need to get a stronger a/c unit for the bedroom. That or switch back to the bedroom that's cooler but our bed won't fit in there :lol

Cara, if it is that hot now, how hot does it get in summer? We still freezing in our socks here. :D

Cara, if it is that hot now, how hot does it get in summer? We still freezing in our socks here. :D

Very hot :sweat Not looking forward to another year of this. Think I'm gonna have to put the squeeze on Big Daddy for a new a/c :D

I'm hoping to spend some time in the yard tomorrow but i'm afraid the house needs more attention!!!!!!! :think

Boy, have I learned to FUDGE!!!!!!! :hook

Fudging is fun:lol...I do it a lot!

Good Afternoon.

We took the kids to see the new Dr. Seuss movie last night & it was good. The kids were so well behaved too. :clap I have been sitting & crocheting today, just trying to relax. Hope you all have a beautiful day! :manyheart

I'm working on the house today and playing on the computer some. So, I break up the monotony (spelling) of cleaning. I am NOT a house cleaner and it is so sad :(

Thanks for the fudging comments. I feel a little bit better. Maybe I will want to crochet tonight.

Hi, everyone. Sounds like it's been a good day. Lots of thunderstorms and rain here today, with occasional hail mixed in. Atlanta had a tornado hit the downtown area last night and we've had a tornado watch for most of central and northern Georgia all day with tornado warnings here, there, and yonder off and on all day. We've had two warnings here in Cumming so far. I was out and about in them and wasn't even aware of it. :lol :lol :lol

Went to Hobby Lobby and found the yarn for the new afghan pattern I've worked up. I bought 3 skeins each (RHSS) in dark sage, pumpkin, claret, and amethyst This thing is going to be gorgeous. I'm really excited about it. Each 6 x 6 block will have 8 4-color squares, 4 bi-color squares and 24 solid squares in it. I'm planning on 20 blocks, so it will be good-sized.

Morning everyone

Linda those colors sound great and so does the pattern.

Tabby Im glad you had a great time at the movies with the kids.

Daphnne Im not a fan of house cleaning also and prefer to be crocheting or on the internet.

Mary did you have fun landscaping at your daughters place.

Cara wow its getting so hot there already, what happened to Spring over there or did you bypass straight to summer.

We have had 38-40C for the last 2 weeks and we are totally sick of it. Its supposed to be Autumn here. Hopefully when daylight saving finishes at the end of march that it might make a difference on the weather.

Hi, Sparkles. Welcome to the group!:welcome Glad to have you join us. Julie joins hers with a single crochet. I whipstitch mine together so I'll let one of the others give you the specifics on Julie's method.

Linda- your project sounds amazing!

Wendy- I got a little bit done but not enough, EVER...

Sparkles- Welcome. I'm pretty new here too. Joining has been the biggest barrier for me and I might try single crochet instead of whip stitch next time. However, I think most people here whip stitch. Is this true?

But whatever works for you right???

Linda I think the Koala remembers that we gave him water last time so he came again. Its so dry that they are not getting water from the leaves.

Sparkles welcome to the group. Everyone does the joining of the squares differently. Some use whipstitching others do it by sc.

The easiest way to do the sc of the squares is grab squares 1 and 2, right sides together and sc across then take squares 3 and 4, right sides together and sc across they will look joined horizontally and then at the end you sc vertically. So picture below as the squares you will have a horizontal row of sc between these 2 rows.

5 3 1

6 4 2

I hope this makes sense. If anyone else can explain this better please feel free to jump in. I know it took me awhile to get it but it is really easy.

I have to say though that after making the Casablanca using sc and making the Amish using whipstitch I prefer whipstitch you cant see the stitches and it gives it a more solid finish. But thats just my opinion.

Linda - Oh I hate tornado weather :irk Stay safe :hug

Wendy - We don't have spring in Texas. We have a week of winter to break up summer :lol

Sparkles - Like everyone said, Julie sc's her blocks together in strips. I think most of us whipstitch though because it lays nice and flat that way :yes Just a personal choice :D

Did a little online gaming this morning, took a nap and now? Now I think I'm hungry :D

Hi Ladies! It's been a picture-perfect day here. :)

Welcome, Sparkles. We're glad you're here. :yes I'm sure you'll get more responses about joining methods...I whipstitch everything, but everyone has their favorite way.

Tracy, come on down! You may not like July and August, but staying in with the a.c. on is great for crocheting. :crocheting

Hi Tabby~How did you get 4 boys to behave through a movie? :lol So glad you're getting some crochet time. :manyheart

We are fine here in Cumming. The rough stuff all was to the south of us.

My cake turned out a bit on the dry side but the cookies are great. And John is picky about his cole slaw and he's raving about how good it is. 2 out of 3 isn't bad.

I've started making the squares for the new project, so should have a picture sometime in the next week or so.

Archived