Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

Wow 1275 pages to this post, I have to say I just skimmed. But the pictures of the wips an the fo's are amazing. I had just checked out Cara's sight today and found that there are quite a few I'd like to make as well. lol lol

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Wow 1275 pages to this post, I have to say I just skimmed. But the pictures of the wips an the fo's are amazing. I had just checked out Cara's sight today and found that there are quite a few I'd like to make as well. lol lol

Hmmm, maybe we ought to make all newbies read every single post...just kidding! ;):lol We're glad you're here! :manyheart

So I know I'm a little late in getting on board with all this--ok, way late judging by the nearly 1300 posts!--but here's my variation on the Desert Star pattern in progress. I've got a rather short attention span for joining, so I don't do granny squares. :D I'm taking the pattern which is graciously graphed out and figuring each square as ten stitches by ten rows. My sister picked the colors for me. All in single crochet, Caron SS

yarn, F hook, and it's gonna be a heavy blanket for sure. It's definitely keeping me busy at work with all the counting, color changes and end tucking, but it's coming along. Thank you so much to Cara for so generously sharing her patterns! :manyheartI'll keep you posted on my progress.

pic?id=5490riuOQ5BDyJX5xAhydcm9apFA9GoWgSRK&size=m

That is beautiful!:clap

I have so little imagination...I never thought of making Cara's patterns into a graph. Another wonderful graph idea to add to my file:devil

Go for it! We will never exhaust Cara's list of patterns...because she's always coming up with new ones:lol

Linda....I love the design of that preemie ghan. You're so creative:clap

Welcome Leslie :hug

Judy - Oooh yes you could make them as graph ghans cuz we all know you're the queen of the graph ghan. And yes, if I live long enough to make all the quilts in this warped little brain of mine I figure I'll live to 112 :lol :lol

Welcome Leslie :hug

Judy - Oooh yes you could make them as graph ghans cuz we all know you're the queen of the graph ghan. And yes, if I live long enough to make all the quilts in this warped little brain of mine I figure I'll live to 112 :lol :lol

I was bored, anyway...;)

And I agree...I need to live at least that long to make everything I want to make!

Linda wow that is fantastic. :clap I love the 4 color squares and if you put them together they would make nice little diamonds. That could be your next one.

Judy there you go, take one of Cara's patterns and do it as a graph. Your so clever with those.

Judy there you go, take one of Cara's patterns and do it as a graph. Your so clever with those.

What's one more WIP....??:lol:lol

Judy -- you know you want to...

Linda -- I love the quad-squares... you really have to look close to figure out they are not little triangles... You could probably use that pattern and make it look like it was weaved

cdschlea -- may I ask what your name is otherwise I may just end up calling you CD...

Judy -- you know you want to...

Linda -- I love the quad-squares... you really have to look close to figure out they are not little triangles... You could probably use that pattern and make it look like it was weaved

cdschlea -- may I ask what your name is otherwise I may just end up calling you CD...

Hi Shelly!

I'm Colleen. Nice to meet you!:D

I'm working on a pattern that will use four colors and will have 8 4-colors, 4 bi-colors, and 24 solids in every 36 square block. It has sort of a Native American Indian feel to the pattern although it's not a take-off on one of those patterns. I have not found the color combination that feels right for it although I did come up with a possible at WalMart tonight. It's not quite what I'm looking for, but really close. Plus they didn't have enough of it in stock. :( Think I'll try Hobby Lobby over the weekend. Looked at Michael's tonight, too, and their selection of colors was poorer than WalMart's. :angry It's a pattern I want to do, but it's very hard to describe and none of the color combinations I've put on paper are right either. Sooner or later I'll get it figured out.

Nice to have you join us, Colleen. Welcome to the group! :welcome

Cuddles the Koala came to visit us today. He was so thirsty that he drank water from a bowl that my DH was holding. At one point he was on the ground and he looked so funny standing by the bucket. Photos are clickable.

th_P1030306.jpg

th_P1030304.jpg

th_P1030288.jpg

th_P1030286.jpg

OH Linda! LOVE how you did that~I was confuzzled at first before figuring out how you did that. WOW! a QUAD!

*WELCOME NEW HAPPY HOUSERS!* I'm new too~and still trying to get started! Just got some $$$ so I can get yarn for my Jasie Baby Blanket~WOOHOOO! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Thanks, Sandi. Actually every other square was a quad in that one. That's too many for anything very big, but it was a fun one-time small project. And it did teach me a lot of things about using quads in patterns.

Wendy, those are fabulous pictures of the koala. My gosh but he's got long claws! I'd hate to get scratched by them. I suppose he needs them for climbing in the trees.

I'm working on the next row of 3 blocks for the puppy 'ghan. Have the first block almost together.

Wow, so many postings since I was here last. I'll do my best to get everyones names right... Wendy the koala is adorable, thats amazing that they let you get so close., Linda your baby afghan is awesome. That would intimidate the heck out of me. I can barely do the bi-color squares, lol. Colleen, I too am doing the desert star. Yours is going to be gorgeous. Love the colors you chose. I'm new here too. Just joined this week. I have quite a number of squares made, but just started joining them last night. I'm having trouble deciding whats the best way to join them...whip st or slip st or sc...ugh...I find it easiest to sl st in the blo on each but I don't know if I love the overall finished look of that...Im still debating, lol. Great work so far everyone. Love seeing everyones pics. Hopefully soon I'll have something to show.

shelli

Good Morning, ladies. :)

Linda ~ Can't wait to see your new design! :crocheting

Wendy, thanks so much for the pictures. Cuddles sure is adorable. Do you have lots of Koalas in your yard?

Last week we had snow and sleet...today is supposed to be 90 degrees. Looks like a.c. weather in March. :think

Archived