Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
OK- Is this just my skill level??? I need some words of wisdom here...Any suggestions are gladly welcomed...

2322827692_5faaa93647_m.jpg

Maybe my gauge isn't right...

Two things. First of all make sure you whipstitch all the way to and through the corner ch 1 sp. Second, it'll lay much flatter if you block or square it up. What I do is lie it flat and start tugging in opposite directions until it lies flat. Tugging as you finish up each bock also keeps things lined up. The squares themselves look great though. All very close to the same size it looks like :yes

Good Morning, all. Thunder and lightning woke me up really early, so I'm trying to be quiet and not wake up DH. :)

Daphne, I think it's looking really good! I can't tell from the picture how you are joining, but if you're whipstitching, just make sure your stitches on each square line up with the next square. Cara's right...sometimes just a little tugging will straighten it out. You're doing great so far. :hook

I didn't even pick up my hook yesterday and today is errands and MIL's doctor appointment. Bet I can get some crocheting done later, though. :yes

Howdy everyone,

Daphne your block looks great, well done.

Mary have a great day, hope you can get some crocheting in.

I have spent the weekend making 8 inch squares and a potholder and I have just 2 rows left on the border of my BB.

Thanks ladies. :manyheart It's just one block. I just took 2 pics. because the lighting stunk so I didn't know which one was better outside or inside. I gave you both. :D

I have a ton of running & appts. today but will stop back in between if I get the chance or after them. Hopefully, i'll get my yarn but in my life we all know how that goes. :lol Have a beautiful day! :manyheart

Cara and Mary- Thanks for the information. I'm just going to keep at it until I get better. I've read a couple more articles on line about whipstitching. I think my squares are ok it's just joining them that is causing me a lot of trouble. Anyway, we will see.

I'm off work today so I can drive an 1.5 for a Doctors appointment. Yeck, no fun. But, being out of work is ok. DH is in Nashville for the day and night so I won't be seeing him. I guess things will be kinda quiet.

Hi, everyone. Kim & I just got home from a doctor's checkup for Kim. It was her regular 3 month checkup. Everything was fine. We saw a new doctor, as the one she usually sees is no longer at that office. It was okay, as the new one was very nice and thorough, too. Then we had lunch at Captain D's. Yum. Now it's home, a shower, and then we can relax.

Thanks, Tracy.

I'm working on the preemie blanket with the 4-color squares. I got it far enough to lay out a 3 x 3 block and decided that I didn't like the way it looked, so I'm taking out that color and making it just 36 squares but with half of those being 4-color squares. :lol :lol :lol Two different sequences of those four colors though. I'm nuts. But it's going to be very pretty. I may never do another one, but time will tell. I have to keep experimenting.

Howdy gals :D

I don't think I'm doing well with this time change. I never do :no That and staying up all night watching TV with BD all weekend. He got up all nice and chipper this morning. I hate him sometimes :lol Me? I went back to bed and am just now getting up :blush Main reason I went back to bed though was I think I'm in a bad cycle again :( High pain today. Hopefully it'll be short but I think there will be little if any crocheting today.

Daphne you will get better with the whipstitching. It does take practice and you will find your own way of doing it.

Linda Im glad all is well with Kim. Cant wait to see the 4 color squares your making.

Cara hope you feel better soon.:hug

My ATW quilt is resting comfortably in the tote bag right now...too many other things this month toeven think of diving back in yet. I will get back to it, though, because I really love the colors (2 purples, sage and linen).

Judy howdy. Those colors are very nice, cant wait to see your progress when you get back to it. It sure is busy with the swaps isnt it.

I have finished the BB and I must say it looks fabulous. Well I like it anyway.

Judy howdy. Those colors are very nice, cant wait to see your progress when you get back to it. It sure is busy with the swaps isnt it.

I have finished the BB and I must say it looks fabulous. Well I like it anyway.

** Don't forget to take your own picture of the things you've made for your SP - in case she can't do it at her end for some reason...I didn't on my first swap.

It is busy now - but I've also found I can still get in some charity crocheting, too. In a couple of days I'll help my friend get started attaching the squares for her project. I'm teaching her your method of whipstitching by leaving long tails at the end of each square. I hope I don't confuse her too much:blush

Archived