Our House [Archive 3]

busy-bee-lmt

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today has been a very good day indeed. Sister and nephew came over and we had Cowboy Spaghetti. It sounds gross but Momma used to make it and we all love it. It's ground beef, Ranch Style beans (that's chili beans for you non-Southerners :D) and spaghetti noodles. Yummo :drool Thought my skinny sister was gonna explode she ate so much.

Then we took a quick trip to WalMart where they had a bunch of clearance. Got a bunch of buttons and circular knitting needles for a nickel a pop! :eek And they had two pair of PJ bottoms with the characters from Mutts comics on them (those crack me up :lol) for $7 each and they were just my size! :yay They're mine now :D

That's all we did though cuz it is super duper nasty out today. Windy, cold, rainy, sleet, thunder...it's just horrible. So we came back and nephew played on the puter while sister and I just sat and chatted for a couple hours.

Now I'm in my jammies and fuzzy slippers getting ready to work on my ghan :hook Some days life is just really, really beautiful :D

Thank you all for the sweet comments!

Daphne, So glad you're feeling better. :hug

Smith~Your color ideas sound great - I'm the world's worst at making decisions about colors. :blush

Hi Miss Wendy~Enjoy your crocheting weekend. :crocheting

Cara, sounds like a wonderful day with your sister and nephew. We are officially in a winter wonderland now!

I haven't picked up my hook in DAYS... Just trying to get other things taken care of, as well as this South Beach thing. My mind is just focused on more active things. Although after today, I think it's going to be an early night with my hook. :yes :yes

Judy are you sure you dont want the heat, you wouldnt have to worry about it raining or snowing or being windy.

I like the cold weather - and me and the dogs LOVE the snow!:D

:eek I'm starting to think this is above my skill level. When I join two colors you can see the stiches from the other color. I hate to be so negative but I don't want it to be a mess. :think

Maybe I'll try and post some pics and get some advice. I'm going to keep at it because I believe I'll get better but it seems like a lot of work not to be pretty.

Daphne, don't give up. Finding a joining method you are comfortable with and like the look of can take a while and some experimenting. You'll get there. Post some pics and we'll see if we can help.

Sounds like a great day, Cara.

I think we're going to be getting that crappy weather you're having in Texas here in Georgia in another day or two. My joints are already giving me fits.

I'll have a picture of the puppy ghan tomorrow, but it doesn't look like much yet. It's part of the puppy's tail, rump, side and an ear. Looks weird, but the next three blocks will have him looking like a puppy. :crocheting

Daphne, don't give up. Finding a joining method you are comfortable with and like the look of can take a while and some experimenting. You'll get there. Post some pics and we'll see if we can help.

I agree. Don't give up. It just takes a while to get comfortable with it :yes Like Linda said, post some photos when you get a chance and we'll do everything we can to help :manyheart

I had a very nice day today.... The weather was beautiful up in the high 40's... we took my oldest DD to ZEBB's for her birthday supper super burger place.. everything is made on premises... they make their own burgers ... their own buns.. their own frenchfries --really thick with the skin still on them... and they have a topping bar with anything you can imagine to put on your burger... and it's pretty reasonable too a 3/4 pound burger and large fries is only 7.39... I was a good girl I had a turkey sandwich on rye and large house salad ...

After supper Hubby brought #1DD and the girls home and DD#2 and I went shopping at the Christmas tree shop ( kind of a discount store) I got stuff for the grandgirls Easter and found some Lion Brand Suede for $1 a skein... so I picked up 5 skeins of red , 2 sleins of tan and 1 skein of black all they had... I have 2 skeins of black here that I didn't know what I was going to do with it now I got some more I think I'll make myself a purse... I have some really nice wooden handles I got as a gift....

Tomarrow is the grand opening of a super Walmart about 4 miles from my house... I can't believe I'll be able to go to Wallie World at the drop of a hat... oh no !!!!!

Daphnne I know how it feels, I was in your position a year ago and just couldnt get the whipstitching right but now I have my own way of doing it and it works for me and you that will happen for you too. Dont be discouraged, we will be right here to help you.

Shelly glad you had a great day and wow a Walmart just around the corner, oh boy yarn shopping at your fingertips.

Good morning, everyone. Well, the rainy, nasty weather has arrived. It's a good day to stay inside and crochet here. Kim & I will be doing just that.

Photo Friday. As I said, the puppy ghan doesn't look like much yet, but it's 1/4 done. I'm including a photo of the pattern. Hopefully that will help.

DCP_1210.jpgDCP_1366.jpg

Good morning ladies :flower

We've got a little dusting of snow this morning! Opened the back door to feed the outside cats and there was about a 1/2 inch of snow on the deck with little kitty paw prints in it :D Sun's shining so that'll be gone in no time.

Gonna wake up a bit then photo time! :yay

Archived