Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Okay I have to make my aunt an afghan now. Which quilt do you think would look good in earth tones? I was thinking the casa. What do you girls think. I'm thinking the colors I'll use are cafe, some sort of green and maybe a tan. Any ideas would be great. She lives in Alaska and loves the outdoor type of things.

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Wendy~There are 3 generations in our family. I have the only grandchild and she just got married last year! Maybe we'll make it to 4 while my parents are still living. My mom is 89 and MIL is 92.

Nope, I haven't made the final decision on the border yet, but I will soon!:yes

Okay I have to make my aunt an afghan now. Which quilt do you think would look good in earth tones? I was thinking the casa. What do you girls think. I'm thinking the colors I'll use are cafe, some sort of green and maybe a tan. Any ideas would be great. She lives in Alaska and loves the outdoor type of things.

Donna, there are so many wonderful patterns to choose from, aren't there? :think The Casa is beautiful and I think it would be great in earth tones. So would the Woven Blocks, Rail Fence...gee, I'm not helping, am I?:lol

Donna the casa would be great. Is cafe a brown sort of color, that would go with the tan not sure which color green to go with.

Mary have fun getting the party details together, it will be awesome. Take plenty of pics. Looking forward to seeing how you do the border.

Good morning ladies :flower

Ended up with 4 2/3 blocks on the Big Top done by the time I went to bed in the wee smalls :jumpyay Hoping I can finish it today or tomorrow :yes

Donna - I'm gonna be going through some more patterns today for another project. Wanna see what I can send your way for your aunt's ghan? Maybe some extra options?

Anyway, off to start that then gotta head out on errands....if I can ever get one of these fellows to get up :rolleyes

Have a happy day everyone :manyheart

Wendy that is simply gorgeous! Oh, I can't wait to start one! Won't be too much longer and I will be joining you guys here and a couple of other places! I love love love your colors, Wendy!

Donna~Any of the ghans would work. The only thing I think when you mention the Casa is "holy squares BATMAN!". :P

:lol Tabby~You are so funny. :lol I wonder how many squares have been made since this CAL started?!

I love your quit-gans - they are beautiful. I am a little confused on the criss-cross quit-gan. Can you break down the squares for me as far as color? I am a little confused.

I love your quit-gans - they are beautiful. I am a little confused on the criss-cross quit-gan. Can you break down the squares for me as far as color? I am a little confused.

Hi and Welcome! :) On Cara's website, she gives the actual number of squares needed and the colors used. You can use whatever colors you like using her pattern as your guide for placement. I'm not sure if this answers your question, so please let us know. :hook

Afternoon, everybody. This is the first I've had a chance to hop on today. I saw a new doctor today. The appointment was for 9:00 am, so Kim and I both had to get cracking way earlier than normal for us. Finally got back home at 11:30. I liked everyone at the office and the visit went well.

Wendy, your Amish is spectacular!!! Such a bright, cheery set of colors. :yay:cheer:yay

Peaches, welcome to the group! :welcome

I don't have any idea how many squares we've crocheted since this thing started, but I know that it's a LOT!!!!! :eek I know that I've done pretty close to 900 so far. :faint And a lot of you have done more than that, I'm sure.

Theresa, have you decided on which of Cara's patterns you're going to do first? I say first, because they are sooooo addictive that it's hard to stop at just one.

Night, Wendy. Sleep well.:sleep

Oh, BTW, I've been thinking about designing a cuddle 'ghan with a frog on it in honor of all the times I/we have to rip stuff out for one reason or another. Actually, I've gone so far as looking up a picture of a frog and starting to block it out on graph paper. What called it to mind was when I sew one of the train bicolor squares on wrong last week and had it undo three squares to correct it. What do you think? Should I keep going, or trash the whole project as tooooooo much?:think

Linda T - you have a great look in the train pattern. If you stick with it it'll be a real winner... I know, though, sometimes you just have toss in the towel (or in this case, squares:lol )

Oh, Linda don't give up yet. As long as it's still fun it should be fine :yes Maybe it's the face that's the stickler. Have you done to much to remove it? May I still make one for my nephew with the chart that didn't have the face? I know he'd love it :manyheart

Archived