Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Okay finally some photos. Better late than never, right?

Here's the Windwalker lapghan so far....almost done :yay

windwalker.jpg

And here's the completed Gnora if anyone wants a peek :)

http://happyyellowhouse.com/gnora.jpg

Cara ~ The Windwalker is wonderful; colors and pattern are great together! Miss Gnora is just adorable. :yes

Morning everyone. It's rainy again and we're supposed to use our smoker for Father's Day food. DH said he would rig up a tarp if we have to! :lol So I'm off to the store shortly and plan on crocheting later today.

Have a great day. :manyheart

Good morning ladies :flower

Thank you all for your comments :manyheart

Julie - My new ghan is in the living room so I can admire it and pet it anytime I want :manyheart And I've manage to keep Misa from stealing it from me :lol

Wendy - A smoker is like a barbecue grill except is have a closed chamber to collect the smoke to give it that, well...smokey flavor. Very popular with us Texans. We love our BBQ!!

Mary - A true Texan you are!! A true Texan will BBQ thru a tornado or in the snow. Big Daddy has and, personally, I think he's nuts :rofl But I sure do love the result :drool

Have a happy day everyone :manyheart

Good morning ladies :flowerWendy - A smoker is like a barbecue grill except is have a closed chamber to collect the smoke to give it that, well...smokey flavor. Very popular with us Texans. We love our BBQ!!

Mary - A true Texan you are!! A true Texan will BBQ thru a tornado or in the snow. Big Daddy has and, personally, I think he's nuts :rofl But I sure do love the result :drool

We're smoking ribs and turkey today to take to my parents tomorrow. When we got married, FIL smoked all the food for our wedding reception and MIL made potato salad, beans and all the trimmings. There were about 100 people there and friends still talk about how much fun it was...and that was almost 36 years ago!

We're smoking ribs and turkey today to take to my parents tomorrow. When we got married, FIL smoked all the food for our wedding reception and MIL made potato salad, beans and all the trimmings. There were about 100 people there and friends still talk about how much fun it was...and that was almost 36 years ago!

Sounds like my wedding reception! Except it was in December and in the church basement...mom made Polish goodies and my Greek aunt on my Dad's side of the family (funny I ended up marrying a Greek:D ) made wonderful Greek goodies - we all had a wonderful time, and we're still married nearly 40 years later!:manyheart

Who needs a reception that costs thouands of dollars?!

I agree, Judy! Of course, we had lots of people who came to the party, but skipped the ceremony. :lol They already knew about FIL's great food! ;)

:rofl :rofl Hope they at least brought a gift :lol

Yep, we had a BBQ reception, too. All done up by some longtime friends of hubby and his family. Only thing I didn't like about it was, by the time they finished all that photographing of the bride and groom right afterward, there wasn't any sausage left!! And this fellow and his wife make a fabulous sausage :drool I kept whining about why couldn't we take pictures later :lol

:rofl :rofl Hope they at least brought a gift :lol

Yep, we had a BBQ reception, too. All done up by some longtime friends of hubby and his family. Only thing I didn't like about it was, by the time they finished all that photographing of the bride and groom right afterward, there wasn't any sausage left!! And this fellow and his wife make a fabulous sausage :drool I kept whining about why couldn't we take pictures later :lol

If your like me you would have then had BBQ stains down your front in the pictures. :rofl :rofl

DH likes to BBQ here too he loves his smoker. He'd love to do it to sell if he could.

I'm 30 squares away from having all the squares made for the penguin and only 6 more rows to sew together and on.

If your like me you would have then had BBQ stains down your front in the pictures. :rofl :rofl

Well, there would've been that little problem yes :yes I have been known to walk away with mashed potato in my hair :blush I was just once but boy DH won't let me forget it :lol

I'm 30 squares away from having all the squares made for the penguin and only 6 more rows to sew together and on.

Wow! You went fast on that little guy!! :cheer:clap I just can't wait to see him he looks so cute :manyheart

Wendy - A smoker is like a barbecue grill except is have a closed chamber to collect the smoke to give it that, well...smokey flavor. Very popular with us Texans. We love our BBQ!!

Oh ok, we have that too but we dont call it a smoker its called a Webber BBQ. Why Webber you ask, because thats the brand name of the grill.

My grandmother used to call barbecues Webbers....and vaccuum cleaners Hoovers which I still call them :lol

Now, my nephew wants a penguin cuddle and he's 18 years old and 6'4". That should be a sight :rofl

Everything is off the smoker, we're about ready for our dinner and I only had about an hour of crochet time this afternoon! :) I hope you all have a good evening. I'm taking my Bus ghan with me tomorrow to my parents to "show it off" and maybe crochet a little. :hook

Awww Cara he is just a kid at heart. You will have to make a papa penguin. Double the size of the cuddle.

Now that's not a bad idea at all :hug

Everything is off the smoker, we're about ready for our dinner and I only had about an hour of crochet time this afternoon! :) I hope you all have a good evening. I'm taking my Bus ghan with me tomorrow to my parents to "show it off" and maybe crochet a little. :hook

Yummy! :drool Enjoy your meal and enjoy the folks tomorrow :hug

Cara- You'll have to make him a whole family of Penguins :)

This one is more for me but my DD will probably use it. I collect penguins but now she thinks she does too.

Mary

Have a good visit with your parents tomorrow !

You guys all talking about grilling out makes me hungry for a hamburger on the grill. Guess we'll have to do that here tomorrow if it doesnt rain. Not sure what the weather forecast is, but its been nice all week .

Good morning, on a very stormy Father's Day! :rain We're leaving here in about an hour.

Wendy, I'm glad you had a good day with your family.:)

Julie ~ Love your avatar today! :D

Everyone have a great day. :manyheart

Archived