Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

Hi everyone. Well I joined and am working on Cara's bus quilt. I think my hands are moving while I'm sleeping and trying to make squares! LOL Maybe tonight I'll sleep with yarn in one hand and hook in the other and see what I wake up too. I'm almost done it. Only have 3 more rows to make and then the border. I'll post a picture when I'm done. Thank you again Cara for your wonderful talent!!!

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good Morning All. I plan on working in the yard this a.m., but the sky is getting blacker by the minute!

Thropots ~ Your Casa is wonderful! :hook

Hi Shari ~ Welcome to our fun CAL. We are all addicted to Cara's wonderful patterns! :manyheart

Good morning ladies :flower

Aww shucks y'all always make me feel so good :manyheart From health support to complimenting my quilts.....gosh I'm all a-tingle :c9 No wonder I always save this thread for last :yes

Julie - Hey, Tabby serves her part....she makes me look tame :lol Love ya, Tab :hug

Shari - :heehee Big Daddy just recently had to wake me up where I fell asleep in my chair making squares. Remarkably I'd only messed up one stitch. Now, if that doesn't tell ya I've made more than my fair share of itty bitty grannies I don't know what does :lol I don't remember anything past the starting chain :rofl

Well, I really wanna get some progress made on another quilt today. Now just to decide which one of the three in progress it shall be :think Maybe a little on each one :yes

Have a happy day everyone :manyheart

Well, we'll soon be off. Just wanted to stop by quick and say bye-bye. Good luck on all the projects in process. I'll tell you all about it when I get back.:waving

Welcome, Shari ! Is the bus ghan for you or someone else ? We'll be watching for photos !

Mary- have fun in the yard today -- keep an eye on the sky . I think the thunderstorms are supposed to be headed this way later today .

Cara- you're right about Tab. We couldn't replace her. She keeps us all entertained .

Good luck on all 3 of your afghans ! How you keep track of which squares go where is beyond me . :lol

No rain yet, just a great cool front and clouds! I'm taking a break from the yard.

Oh Julie, your avatar brings back fond memories. ;) DD watched Mr Rogers when she was little and in one show, his goldfish had died. So he proceeded to have a very detailed discussion and funeral. From that day on, every time one of our goldfish died, DD insisted on a full blown funeral! Gee, I had always just flushed them before that when she was napping. :lol

Patty~Your casa looks beautiful. Great job! It's goign to make a grogeous wedding present.

Linda~Sounds like it's going to be a blast. Have a safe trip.

Julie & Cara~I was going to get the trusty ole :tryme out but the end was too sweet to. :blush:c9

And Julie, your avatar is giving me nightmares. :scared

Good luck on all 3 of your afghans ! How you keep track of which squares go where is beyond me . :lol

One word.....Ziplocs :lol

Now I've had a very recuperative nap after a rough night I shall actually begin my work :hook

Julie & Cara~I was going to get the trusty ole :tryme out but the end was too sweet to. :blush:c9

I'll just quote Big Daddy what he tells the Nephew here, "I only pick on people I like." :manyheart

I'll catch up on all the pics later today just wanted to get my pics up before running errands.

Here's my 2 Calliope blocks.

th_crochet139.jpg

And this is the penguin cuddle so far. 3 rows and part of another. It's getting to the fun part now.

th_crochet145.jpg

Hi again. I'm in from working in the yard, doing laundry and ready to crochet for a while. :)

Cara, I love Ziplocs, too! I saw your doll on the SKY CAL and she is adorable, even without clothes. :lol

Heather ~ Thanks for the pictures. I'm so glad you decided to do the Calliope as a ghan-it's beautiful. :manyheart I bet the Penguin is going to be wonderful. :yes

Thanks, the only problem with making the calliope a ghan is now I have the block with teal and the block with the blue so I guess I'll just make another teal and another blue to finish it out. :)

The rest of the penguin cuddle should go quicker since I have all the squares for the penguin long done and will only need to make six or so squares for each row till the top. I can't wait to get him done. :)

Hi Heather ~ Making one more Calliope block of each color will look like you planned it that way! :yes I went back and found Cara's penguin pattern - it is so adorable; I saved it on Favorites.

Cara ~ are you going to put the Penguin on your website? Of course, I want to do that one, too. :eek I'll just keep making squares forever! :lol

But of course :D It'll go up next month. If Heather has time to have it done by then....absolutely no pressure, hon....maybe she'll let us use her picture :yes I'm just dying to see him done :yes

Okay, dinner is almost ready and I hope you all have had a good day. I have made the next 2 rows of squares for the Bus ghan and have to remember to connect some before I have way too many. :yes

Tomorrow will be more yard work...which used to be my favorite hobby! :D

I can identify with that too many squares thing :yes Sometimes I just can't stop making squares :lol

Wish someone around here liked lawn work. I bought DH a $400 lawn mower and I still can't get the yarn cut on a regular basis :P

Linda - Sounds like you've got everything all organized :yes Hope you have a great trip :hug

Well, I shoulda put off the doctor :P I've always been a "sickly sort" and I absolutely hate it because I have a Type A personality to go with it :rolleyes Pain management doc was fine. I've actually made a lot of progress in the last year :yes Now I only have to go every 3 months or when I have a problem :yay

Primary care doc visit wasn't so nice :no Sinus infection, ear infection, bladder infection and they think my gall bladder has stopped working :( I'm so sick of being sick :sigh Oh well, better than the alternative, eh? :D

I had my gall bladder out last year, they do it by keyhole surgery now so its not too bad.

Im sorry your not well at the moment. Take it easy wont you.:hug

I can identify with that too many squares thing :yes Sometimes I just can't stop making squares :lol

Wish someone around here liked lawn work. I bought DH a $400 lawn mower and I still can't get the yarn cut on a regular basis :P

Cara your in luck we have a lawnmowing business, we would be glad to help. hmm our travelling fee probably would be a bit pricey though.:lol

Cara your in luck we have a lawnmowing business, we would be glad to help. hmm our travelling fee probably would be a bit pricey though.:lol

:rofl :rofl :rofl Don't think that's in the budget....plus I'm sure Qantas has a No Lawn Mower policy :lol

But of course :D It'll go up next month. If Heather has time to have it done by then....absolutely no pressure, hon....maybe she'll let us use her picture :yes I'm just dying to see him done :yes

Why of course you are welcome to use my photo of it when I get done. I think I can get it done before the end of the month since probably more than half the squares are already made. :hook

Why of course you are welcome to use my photo of it when I get done. I think I can get it done before the end of the month since probably more than half the squares are already made. :hook

Wonderful! Thank you so much :hug:manyheart

Archived