Our House [Archive 1]

idagammy

That is so pretty Cara!

I dive in the deep end too. Anything I see that I want to make I go for it, I don't even pay attention to weather it's hard or not. The way I look at it is if you don't know you can't do it then it's not that hard. :)

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Cara, that is lovely! Wow!:yay

Heather, I'm the same way. Dive right in.

Oh have I been bad. I just bought 14 pounds of assorted colored yarn on eBay for $17 plus shipping. My stash has just grown by leaps and bounds. It's a good thing I'm not in the stash busting CAL or I'd have just accumulated a whole lot of negative points. Hehehehe!!! :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Cara~That is beautiful, great job. :clap

Linda~Wow, you go girl. You can NEVER have too much yarn. That is one thing i've learned from the ville. :D

Mary~Congrats! :yay I'm glad you got some relaxing crochet time in. :hook

Good Morning, I think! We're having severe weather again and I'm watching the news and have my laptop on battery power. This is really unusual for us... rain for almost 2 weeks with very little sunshine! :(

Hi Tabby, so glad you're having fun with the family this weekend! How are the baby items coming along?

Linda ~ Ebay can be dangerous, can't it? I'm glad you didn't join the SKY CAL, or you'd be in trouble over there...we know you'll be starting another wonderful project! :hook

Good morning, all. Yeah, you're right. I would be in trouble on the Sky CAL, too. :devil One reason I did it is because I liked the colors in the bundles and a good many of those colors were ones I don't have at all or have only a very little. :manyheart Another is that I lost a good bit of my stash when I moved the last two times. It didn't all make it from one place to the other. :huh And the price was soooooo right. :tup And you are right about me starting a bunch of new projects with it, too. I have a number on the boards that I just didn't have the yarn for.:idea

Good morning ladies :flower

Thanks for the compliments on the blanket :hug I'm pretty happy with it :yes

Linda - Oh eBay is very, very dangerous to me :lol I don't dare look at the yarn on there :no I have a hard enough time with the instruction books :lol Grats on your buy though....I might have to go have a little peek :wink

Mary - Oh dear! Hope it doesn't get too nasty up there :no The weather around here can be so dangerous this time of year. :storm Hmmm, guess I'd better check and see if it's headed my way. Doesn't look too bad out there. Just kinda overcast. Maybe it went the other way :yes Be safe, hon :manyheart

Well, off to work on my purse that's finally coming together. Have a happy day everyone :manyheart

Mary~The baby stuff is coming along just slowly but that's the story of all of my projects lately. :lol I got the bonnet done except for the ribbon, still have to get to the store to buy some. The star ghan is almost done & I haven't started the others. :eek I better get a move on. :yes:hook Have you made any big leaps in your projects?

Tabby ~ No big leaps lately...just baby steps! :blush But I have been making squares when I have time. Of course, it is still Cara's fault that I have three of her patterns started. :lol

We are FINALLY getting some much needed rain! Not sure how much in total, but got a nice little cloud burst a little bit ago.

I've had to steer clear of eBay for the most part, because it's soooo addictive. But I just couldn't resist that yarn. :no I got almost 15 pounds for $34.62 when shipping is included. That comes to just a little over $2 per pound. I can handle that. :yes Especially when my skeins of RHSS are $2.20 a skein at WM and HL. More than that at Michaels.:eek

Hi Linda ~ Have fun with your new yarn...you got a great deal! :yes I am so glad you've finally had some rain. :)

I attached 2 rows of the Bus Ghan and just 1 row of my next Woven Block tonight. Yes, I am trying to keep focused on my WIPs! :hook

Good for you Mary, taking accountability but i'm still sticking to blaming Julie for all of my WIPs and Cara's a close second. :D

Well, I was just trying to convince myself - but you're right, it's still their fault! :lol

Have a good night! :)

Good Morning All. I've been up for hours, but since no maids were coming I decided I'd better get busy. :lol DD came and got grandcat yesterday, so I had no more excuses for not cleaning upstairs!

Hope you all are having a great Monday. I'm looking forward to more crochet time later. :manyheart

Mary - Those maids haven't shown up around here either :lol I've gotta get moving! Spent the morning nursing a headache. All better now so I don't have an excuse :devil

Cara, so sorry about the headache; hope it stays away! :hug

I love working on the Bus Ghan...maybe because of the "picture pattern" and all the fun colors?! Thanks again for sharing another great pattern. :D

Hi, everybody. I could not wake up this morning. Kim and I both kept dozing off during the movie we were watching. I worked some on the RR and a little on the LotL yesterday and this morning. I have to start thinking about what projects to take with me for our vacation. We leave Friday and will be gone about 10 days. I don't know if I'll have access to a computer and the net while gone. If not, hopefully I'll have a bunch of progress on something by the time we get back. I still have some laundry to do before I start packing. I'm sure the next 3 days will go by very quickly. Hope I'm ready by Friday.:blush

Hidey Ho gang

I am REALLY beat tonite, so too tired to read all the posts I missed. Just wnated to give you a quick shout out and will try to get more time tomorrow to read all I missed out on and tell you all about the trip . Sounds like Linda will be off next. Have a good time ! I'll have to read back to see what else I missed while away !

Archived