Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

Not much more to report for today. John is at a football game. They are honoring the first football team to play on the field and he was one of them back in the days of high school. I've been crocheting up a bunch of Buff background squares to go with the colored ones for Mr. Rooster. 35 done at last count for this evening. Should get quite a few more done before John gets home. I have all the squares for the top third of the afghan done and a lot of the colored squares for the rest of it. Lots of Buff ones to make yet.:hook

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's a great idea Krystal :yes ! I'm making it for my niece that will be having her baby in, hopefully, about 3 weeks. She's been getting lots of baby gifts but no Mommy gifts so I thought I would make her a quilt :manyheart But if I made a baby blanket with the same motif it would go well in her room. She and the baby will have to share.

Judy I got my yarn today. Thank you so much I can't wait to get that one finished. I should be able to finish it up tonight or tomorrow.

Great!! Can't wait to see it all finished:hook

No photo for me today, I probably won't start posting them for a while since I am making all the squares before I start assembly. I am really enjoying this project. Being able to make all the squares mindlessly, (except the bi-color ones) and still ending up with such a nice end product just amazes me. It really helps since I can't really read a pattern, and all I have mastered are grannies. I was ready to give in to just making regular granny square afghans forever. This lets me be more creative, not to mention people are impressed, lol. I keep hearing "Wow, you mean you can crochet a quilt?? I thought it was just potholders and doilies." Oh how little the non crocheters know, lol.:hook

No photo for me today, I probably won't start posting them for a while since I am making all the squares before I start assembly. I am really enjoying this project. Being able to make all the squares mindlessly, (except the bi-color ones) and still ending up with such a nice end product just amazes me. It really helps since I can't really read a pattern, and all I have mastered are grannies. I was ready to give in to just making regular granny square afghans forever. This lets me be more creative, not to mention people are impressed, lol. I keep hearing "Wow, you mean you can crochet a quilt?? I thought it was just potholders and doilies." Oh how little the non crocheters know, lol.:hook

See now, this kinda post makes it all worthwhile :manyheart Thanks Bean :2hug

Cara, you have no idea hun! I could have cried when I found your site. It was like.. finally!! I can do a project that looks modern and, not only that, I can take the idea and create my own stuff too!! My head is already full of ideas. Ya'll will be the first to see them, I promise! I know anywhere other than Crochetville, I would be called crazy, but I know ppl here will get it. Especially those that got 'stuck' on only being able to do grannies! :2hug

Bean its great that you have found something that your really interested in making and that you can accomplish easily. People that dont crochet just dont understand how we can sit there and make endless amount of squares. Cara's patterns are inspirational and to see the end result is just amazing. I have done 2 patterns now, the Casablanca and the Amish. Next year Im going to make another one, because I just love making those saltines.

Denise-- your first picture is lovely ! I really like the color-- what is it called ?

Alaina-those colors sound neat together-- can't wait to see a photo ~

Linda- great job on the rooster, he's lookin good, and I like your new RR -- looks like another winner ! (and your doggie is funny, he should be a show-dog,) he always has this certain AURA around him in the photo -- kinda like a fashion model pose .:lol

Cara- the heart block is so pretty. How many squares are in each one of those ?

Denise- great news at the Dr's ,glad you got the all-clear !

Bean- so glad you found this place and Cara's page-- she is an inspiration with all her patterns ... they are all very pretty. It sounds like making one of these will give you the confidence to try more things as you progress .:)

Morning, everyone. I can't spell worth a darn today, so hope I catch all the boo boos as I check this. I quit on the square marathon last night at 60 Buff saltines. 7 more and I'll have all the Buff colored ones done for the top 2/3 of Mr. Rooster. Still have a bunch of the Dark Green and Orange ones to do though. I've got a bunch of errands to run today so may not be around much until this evening. Have a great day! :hug

It sounds like everyone is making good progress.

I finished my WB :clap:cheer I still have to get the picture taken and then it will be in the pile to be washed. I also finished the comfortghan last night so that's in the need to wash pile too :yes I will try to get a picture up of it later today.

Good morning ladies :flower

And awww shucks :embar You gals sure are good for the ego :D Thank you all so much for your kind comments :manyheart I just love sharing the patterns and I love that people enjoy them so much :c9

Donna - The WB looks fabulous!! :clap :clap Love that color combo! And the LB is shaping up really cool! Great job as always :hug

Julie - There's 144 of those little boogers in each block. Gotta finish my aran ghan before anything then it's back to the LL. That's my niece's "winter gift". We don't do Christmas gifts. Too much pressure. But since she's had nothing but baby gifts for the impending arrival I decided she needed a Mommy gift :yes

Well, back to it after I catch up on some posts and email.

Y'all have a happy day :manyheart

Donna, both ghans are wonderful! Thanks for the pictures. :yes

Linda, have a good day running errands. Sounds like lots of squares are being made at your house. :hook

I was so excited to find this CAL, too! I had been lurking on the 'Ville and Cara's patterns were an immediate addiction. All of a sudden, that was almost a year ago and I feel so lucky to have made such wonderful friends here. :manyheart

I was so excited to find this CAL, too! I had been lurking on the 'Ville and Cara's patterns were an immediate addiction. All of a sudden, that was almost a year ago and I feel so lucky to have made such wonderful friends here. :manyheart

:manyheart:hug:manyheart:hug....to you, Mary. You've been a wonderful addition to the group!

Archived