Our House [Archive 2]

JulieKay

• Replies 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Good morning ladies :flower

Tracy - Grats on finishing the cot blanket! :yay

Once my head shrinks back down to normal size and I have a respectable caffeine blood content again I shall take photos :D

Humm, wasn't me. :no But close enough, was my mom. :lol I know you need the caffiene, so thats ok, I am the same. I probably got loads of people mixed up in here already cos everyone is so friendly. :manyheart

Tracy finally got around to helping me (over the phone long distance :devil ) and here is the link to the cot blanket.

http://denisesworks.blogspot.com/2007/11/cot-blanket.html

I finally posted a picture on photo Friday. :clap:D:P:clap

How pretty!!:yay

You do beautiful work...what kind of stitch did you use?

Tracy finally got around to helping me (over the phone long distance :devil ) and here is the link to the cot blanket.

Way to Go, Denise!! Congrats on finishing a very pretty cot blanket and posting the picture! :yay:cheer:yay

One more row to go and Mr. Rooster's head will be done. Then I'll take his picture and get it posted.

Alaina

Always good to have a new person in the gang-- we'd love to see the pattern and what colors you will be using .:)

Thanks! I put a call into my best friend for her to find the square patterns from the quilt she completed and I started. I will replicate the colors I intended to use for the quilt; cream, fuschia, silvery blue, and mint green (sounds odd but it was actually quite nice on the few squares I did complete).

Tracy - Doh! :oops Sorry about that :blush

Denise - Grats on your very first Photo Friday!! :yay I love that blanket! What stitch is that? It's fabulous!

Linda - *squeal with delight* I love the Rooster! :jumpyay Your 3SURR is wonderful so far. I swear only you could just dip into the scrap bag and have it come out looking so great :manyheart

Tabby - Hiya Sweetie :hug

Alaina - Actually, the colors sound great :yes Can't wait to see it.

Okay here's my Love Letters so far....one block down 5 to go. Man, these are big blocks :lol

loveltr1130.jpg

Thankyou all

The stitch I used for the blanket I think is called a cluster.

Im so pleased to have finneshed it this week as I had such a busy week at the doctor. Tuesday I got the all clear for 21months from the Big C :cheer:c9and yesterday found out that the tablets I am taking for my thyroids are working.:clap

Today I got a phone call to say that I got the job that I aplied for,I will be starting next week.:D

It's wonderful, Denise! I'm glad you've posted your first picture and we're looking forward to more. :manyheart

Linda, Mr Rooster is so neat! (Trouble doesn't seem the least bit upset about a Rooster in the house. ;))

Cara, I love your quilt block - very pretty. :yes When I first joined this CAL, that was my first choice and then did Baby Blocks instead. Hmmm, could it have been the number of squares? :blush

Denise, that is wonderful news about your health. :hug And a new job - good for you!

Cara, love your Love Letters block. Super Job!!! :yay:cheer:yay

Nope, Trouble doesn't mind this type of rooster at all. Live birds are another matter entirely.:dog

Okay here's my Love Letters so far....one block down 5 to go. Man, these are big blocks :lol

loveltr1130.jpg

Cara, this would make an adorable crib afghan. If you took and made ANOTHER two rows designed exactly like the two outermost rows there, it would get it big enough for a darling little carseat or swaddling blanket. In case you weren't wanting to make a BIG one...

Nope, Trouble doesn't mind this type of rooster at all. Live birds are another matter entirely.:dog

We just got our chickens in June, and Zeus is 10 years old. When the chickens are out ranging and we try to get them back in the run, he just saunters in a big circle around them and herds them in the general direction I want them. He's actually quite helpful!

Archived