Lace Scarf

Trinket

Apologies that I don't have the actual photos shown. They're larger than the forum rules allow, so I'll just link to them instead.

Photo 1

Photo 2

Photo 3

I fell in love with this scarf when I saw it in the Spring '09 issue of Interweave Crochet. I started on it shortly after receiving the magazine in the mail, but was so, so lazy about working on it that it took me a year to finish it! :blush Also, I kinda went overkill on it and made it much too long. I do like my scarves to be longer than most others seem to, but this was a bit too much. Oops...

The design is pretty and not at all difficult. It's very fast and easy to make (unless other projects call for your attention and you forget you've started it, like me). I don't care for the shell patterning on the edges, though. I think they're too close together (at no error of mine) and are a total nightmare to block! And with this particular pattern, I highly recommend using some kind of natural fiber yarn that is blockable, because those shells will curl like crazy otherwise.

I used 3 hanks of Malabrigo Lace yarn in the color "Alpine Pearl" and a B/1 2.25mm hook.

Ohh! that looks so nice!

i'd want to do it without the side scallops though.

It's actually pretty dull looking without anything at all on the edge, so I would have to recommend you add something there. Maybe some picot edging just for a little interest. However, I'd more likely alter it so that there weren't so MANY of the shells. I think it's elegant with the shell edges, but there are just too darn many of them there.

Archived