Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Sorry I haven't been around much or making squares. Work is INSANE! At least 1 turtle a day is coming in and all the sea turtle facilities have been the same so no sending out for help. We won't even talk about school. :lol

:turtle:vheart

Send me a tortoise and I'll be a foster mommy. :D

I sent squares to Kimgoodie and the post office sent them back. And YES, I had the right postage on them since I sent them through the post office guy. :P

I checked with her and the address was all correct too even though the po marked out her real zip code and put a wrong one. I'll send them back out Mon or Tues when I can get back to the post office, Kim. sorry. :hug

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I truly don't know why that happened. Cause my address is definintely correct on this list. I've owned this home over 15 years. Im mad at the post office tho. It would have been my first square. Thank you Steph send em back please.

Kimgoodie

Just stop by to say Good Morning.

Sue you definitely seem to be a very busy beaver these days. Turtles may be slow moving but they sure are keeping you hopping. I know only too well how busy work can be. I've been so busy this week myself that my boss told me to go home early on Friday, that doesn't happen very often.:lol

We have one sea turtle that thinks he's a snapping turtle. Tries to bite us every time we tube feed him (3 times a day) and he weighs in at 40 pounds! :eek

Send me a tortoise and I'll be a foster mommy. :D

These are all sea turtles. One there weighs in at 160 pounds. I can't even take our tortoises home since they are a threatened species. :)

Do you have the deseart tortoise there, Thats what we have and they are protected, they have reserves that have turtle fences around them.

We have gopher tortoises. They are protected too. They are the only tortoise here and love the sand dunes.

Just stop by to say Good Morning.

Sue you definitely seem to be a very busy beaver these days. Turtles may be slow moving but they sure are keeping you hopping. I know only too well how busy work can be. I've been so busy this week myself that my boss told me to go home early on Friday, that doesn't happen very often.:lol

Pat, sorry they are keeping you busy at work, but then again maybe that's a good thing, job security. It sounds like you have an okay boss as in my experience the busier we were the earlier the boss left.

Do you have the deseart tortoise there, Thats what we have and they are protected, they have reserves that have turtle fences around them.

That's really interesting. How big are the reserve areas and what do turtle fences look like? :think

We have gopher tortoises. They are protected too. They are the only tortoise here and love the sand dunes.

I like hearing about your work and learning about turtles. It's all stuff I never really thought much about.

These are my squares for the March granny a day thread

They are all pretty. Did you have any trouble with the daisy square? I never did sign up to get the pattern for it as I wasn't sure I would get the one done to mail back to her.

I like hearing about your work and learning about turtles. It's all stuff I never really thought much about.

One of the girls calls me the Ambassador since I'm always being "kidnapped" by visitors to answer questions. She said I should wear a turtle suit, which isn't funny since we do have one! :lol

How many squares do all of you need??? I finished 2 last night and only have couple more to complete the list. So I'll be starting over from the top. :)

@ Sue I don't have any yet

I have one for you! :)

so sue, when I come visit next summer do I get a tour of the turtle place?

Well of course!!! :cheer You talking 2011 or 2012? Either way, I'm sure I'll still be there.

I have one for you! :)

Well of course!!! :cheer You talking 2011 or 2012? Either way, I'm sure I'll still be there.

2012 I will have actual paid vacation time then. I wish it could be this summer:(

@ Sue I don't have any yet

I have one in my car for you :blush and for several others......I hate going to the post office. I will make an extra special trip there in the morning, I'm headed off to work here soon.

Sue, I have 4 total so far. lil_hippie has 2.

Kim, yours are going BACK in the mail today. lol You're daisy squares are awesome. My dd loves that pattern but looks too hard for me to figure out. :P

Evelyn, I will work on one and try to get it out by the end of the week for you.

2012 I will have actual paid vacation time then. I wish it could be this summer:(

Darn. :(

I have one in my car for you :blush and for several others......I hate going to the post office. I will make an extra special trip there in the morning, I'm headed off to work here soon.

That's why I have a scale and $1 stamps. No trips to the PO. :)

Sue, I have 4 total so far. lil_hippie has 2.

You two are next on my list. :)

Thanks Sue.

I have a scale. Used to print postage from my paypal account. I should do that again. you used to get delivery confirmation free that way but it's been a while since I did it so not sure now.

Kim, putting your square in the mail box now! :)

Thanks Sue.

I have a scale. Used to print postage from my paypal account. I should do that again. you used to get delivery confirmation free that way but it's been a while since I did it so not sure now.

For most squares I find it costs about $1.56, so I just put 4 regular stamps on it. :)

so I get to go shopping wednesday and not for fun stuff like yarn. I have to get a dress for my DD wedding. ugh me in a dress and having to try them on....I may need a yarn shopping trip to sooth my temper. I hate clothes shopping

Archived