Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

Okay, good deal! I was originally going to do two rounds of sc border on each square, and when I really started to think about it, I realized that it would take me FOREVER to do that on 30 squares!

Im doing a granny square round on each one and joining them as I go. For me its alot easier, But thats just my preference.:hook

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Im doing a granny square round on each one and joining them as I go. For me its alot easier, But thats just my preference.:hook

I was going to work on joining the ones that I have, but I have one lady who is making me 10 squares, so I want to get hers mixed into the group before I start joining.

:bday Pat!!! :hug

:turtle:vheart

Pat I hope you had a great birthday!

i'm spending christmas at the petro near trenton nj...at least it'll be a decent sit down meal

Sounds like it beats your Christmas last year. Hope you made it out of the area before they were blasted with all that snow, if not hope you are holed up somewhere safe.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and got lots of good presents. DH gave me his nasty head cold (trying to turn into pneumonia) for Christmas which was at least better than the year he gave me the flu for Christmas. At least he made up for it by adding to my yarn collection so I can keep making squares.

I hope everyone had a Merry Christmas and got lots of good presents. DH gave me his nasty head cold (trying to turn into pneumonia) for Christmas which was at least better than the year he gave me the flu for Christmas. At least he made up for it by adding to my yarn collection so I can keep making squares.

My niece gave us the flu for a christmas present, it is not a happy place at my house right now. So any squares I had said I will send out are on hold till the germs are gone I dont want to spread it further :sick

My kids had a good Christmas. We got to see my sister and her kids and we got to have yummy Christmas ham :drool. I hope everyone else had a very Merry Christmas too and I hope you all have a wonderful New Year as well :hug!

Christmas is done. I didn't finish all that I wanted to, but I got most of it done. Now we have had my boss in the hospital, another girl out of town and the new girl hasn't started yet. So a staff of 5 has been down to just 2 of us. But by the end of the weekend we'll be up to 4. Next week I plan to get back to making squares for friendshipghans and comfortghans! :) And hopefully be on the board more.

The last swap didn't go as well as I planned since we had one person sign up and bail. She received her package, but as far as I know never even sent a thank you. :(

I hope everyone has a Happy New Year! :cheer

My niece gave us the flu for a christmas present, it is not a happy place at my house right now. So any squares I had said I will send out are on hold till the germs are gone I dont want to spread it further :sick

:hug:hug I must admit I prefer the cold over the flu. Take good care of yourself.

Oh my, I didn't realize how long I was away from this thread. Thank you all for your wonderful Birthday wishes.

I kinda hate to ask this since I haven't been participating. I have made a few friendship squares but don't know when I'll get them in the mail.

So what I'm asking for is 12" squares for a comfortghan for my 10yo great niece, Caroline, in pink, purple, white, cream...solid or any multi or combo, any pattern. Her mom, my 47 yr old niece, passed on 12/18. She is my sister's daughter, they live in Florida, I live in Michigan and am not able to travel.

I started a thread in the Comfortghans section of the forum and also want to make ghans for Caroline's 2 cousins. The info is in the thread.

Thank you very much. Please pm me for my address. :hug

I am so sorry to hear and will check out what squares you need and will get on it.

Im not sure if I had posted that my kids' school had called me to let me know that they (and my 3 yr old nephew) had been "adopted" for Christmas.

I dropped off a Christmas Card at my kids' school this morning for the members of the LRL (Lemay Retirement Lodge) and also for all the volunteers that helped them with the kids gifts for taking the time to get the gifts and wrap them.

The lady in the office, whom Ive know for 17 years since we moved into this house is a wonderful lady. She is the one who called me to let me know that the kids were put on the list for the Christmas gift program. When I handed her the card for the members/volunteers of the LRL she smiled and said that it would make them all very happy because they hardly ever get a card or letter thanking them for all that they have done for the families.

I just wish that there was something more that I could do to thank them. They dont have a mailing address that anyone at the school could give me and I cant find them online anywhere..... The most I can do now is to PIF somehow. I have a phone number for one of the members who had called me. That may be my only way to find out where they are located. My mom wants to join them bc of what all they have done for my family. She was even in tears when she see how much they had dropped off. Not only did they bring gifts for my 3 kids, but they also collected for my 3 yr old nephew .

I hope you all have a Very Merry Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanza, or what every Holiday you and your Family celebrate, and Also a Safe and enjoyable New Years.

P.S. Im sorry if I misspelled the holidays, I can be a terrible speller sometimes :hug

I'm very happy for you that they could help.

i'm spending christmas at the petro near trenton nj...at least it'll be a decent sit down meal

She was so close to me but I didn't get her message in time to see her before the snow started and I don't move the car in the snow. I feel so bad and I'm so sorry. Hope you made it out and are doing ok.

It's been a little crazy for the past 2 weeks. I don't know why, I mean I know it's Christmas and all but things just seem to get away from me.

I had to send a sorry to my swap partner since mine was lost with the van but I did love everything I had gotten. I just wish I had gotten to at least take a pic before it was gone :(.

:(Oh my! You do not owe me an apology at all!! I'm just sorry it was so late getting to you. I think I misunderstood your PM. I thought just your CAMERA was lost in the van. You mean your package was lost, too!!! :eek If you don't mind me being so nosey, other than your van, what all DID you lose in the fire? I'm just glad YA'LL are alright!!! :hug

Sorry I missed your birthday, Pat! :birthday a little late!

Hoping everyone had a good Christmas. We did. First time we have ever been able to get all 5 of our children and their families together at one time. We've been married 3 years!! So it was really nice. This year has been hard on us as with everyone else, so my DH and I had agreed not to buy each other Christmas presents and just buy for the grands, plus :santa HAD to stop by for Kalie, the 10 yr old! But he surprised me with a Martin guitar I have been wanting!! He is so sneaky!! :D

Once I get caught up around here a little bit from Christmas, I want to get back started on my squares and working on our list!!

Hoping everyone is doing well!

:(Oh my! You do not owe me an apology at all!! I'm just sorry it was so late getting to you. I think I misunderstood your PM. I thought just your CAMERA was lost in the van. You mean your package was lost, too!!! :eek If you don't mind me being so nosey, other than your van, what all DID you lose in the fire? I'm just glad YA'LL are alright!!! :hug

Sorry I missed your birthday, Pat! :birthday a little late!

Hoping everyone had a good Christmas. We did. First time we have ever been able to get all 5 of our children and their families together at one time. We've been married 3 years!! So it was really nice. This year has been hard on us as with everyone else, so my DH and I had agreed not to buy each other Christmas presents and just buy for the grands, plus :santa HAD to stop by for Kalie, the 10 yr old! But he surprised me with a Martin guitar I have been wanting!! He is so sneaky!! :D

Once I get caught up around here a little bit from Christmas, I want to get back started on my squares and working on our list!!

Hoping everyone is doing well!

Yeah I was bringing the package down with me so I could show everyone what I had gotten and take a pic. As far as what we lost....... our kid's car seats, my purse along with all of our SS cards and my id and a little bit of gas money, my youngest son's christmas box that was donated to us, my fiance's xbox and all his games, the laptop cord I was taking my sister for her laptop since mine isn't working, three trashbags full of gifts for the boys (also donated to us), a smithfield christmas ham, lots of cookie making stuff, my package from you, some clothes for the kids and some shoes. And worst of all some of my crochet hooks and two balls of yarn :eek lol. However as much as that sucked my kids still had a good christmas as did I since I got to see my sister and her family and best of all everyone was ok. Plus there was the amazing couple who took us all the way down to where we were going for christmas so we could still see our family. I have been starting to crochet them something as a thanks because words aren't enough. I really regret that I hadn't taken a pic of the package before leaving but I was going to just take one when I got down there since it is only about a 2 1/2 hour drive. :hug but just so you know I did absolutely love it even if I did only have it for a few hours :). I am so glad o hear that you had a great christmas as well and I need to see pics of that guitar :P. I used to have a guitar but not for a long time.

P.S I should say that we tried to save all that stuff but because of the wind it picked it up and blew over to the side of the road where all of our stuff had been tossed. I was just like darn if only it had been summer we might still have been able to keep that stuff lol. I don't think I've ever seen a car go up in flames that quickly before, but it was a Dodge Caravan and apparently Dodges around the year our van was are prone to electrical fires behind the dashboard (which is where ours was) so I've just decided to be safe no more Dodges lol.

P.S I should say that we tried to save all that stuff but because of the wind it picked it up and blew over to the side of the road where all of our stuff had been tossed. I was just like darn if only it had been summer we might still have been able to keep that stuff lol. I don't think I've ever seen a car go up in flames that quickly before, but it was a Dodge Caravan and apparently Dodges around the year our van was are prone to electrical fires behind the dashboard (which is where ours was) so I've just decided to be safe no more Dodges lol.

That is so scary! I'm glad that you and your family are okay!!! :hug

:( Oh, Erin! I just hate that ya'll had to go through that ordeal! So much loss and on top of what has been a rough time for ya'll for a good while now. But, the best news of all is that ya'll got out of the van and everyone was okay!!! :) Will be remembering ya'll in the weeks ahead and keep your chin up! New Year a'coming with all sorts of new possibilities!

:( Oh, Erin! I just hate that ya'll had to go through that ordeal! So much loss and on top of what has been a rough time for ya'll for a good while now. But, the best news of all is that ya'll got out of the van and everyone was okay!!! :) Will be remembering ya'll in the weeks ahead and keep your chin up! New Year a'coming with all sorts of new possibilities!

I have been trying my hardest to keep an optimistic viewpoint. I am not going to lie it's been hard but some good news is that my fiance and I have jobs and we found an affordable place down around where my sister is in NC. Just a matter of seeing if my oldest son's case worker will be ok with it since he is getting alot of help here and a matter of getting down there. I am keeping my head held high though that this will happen and we can finally be in a big enough place and all together.

I have been trying my hardest to keep an optimistic viewpoint. I am not going to lie it's been hard but some good news is that my fiance and I have jobs and we found an affordable place down around where my sister is in NC. Just a matter of seeing if my oldest son's case worker will be ok with it since he is getting alot of help here and a matter of getting down there. I am keeping my head held high though that this will happen and we can finally be in a big enough place and all together.

:eekOMG Erin, you have been on my mind a lot this Christmas. I knew it had been rough for you with the move and no jobs yet. I am so sorry to hear about the van going up in flames with so many of your things in it. :hug:hug I am glad to hear no one was hurt and that angels in disguise showed up to take you to your sister's for Christmas. Also glad to hear that you all were able to have a good Christmas in spite of everything that happened. :xfin:xfin:xfin that the jobs work out and things settle down for you.

Yeah I was bringing the package down with me so I could show everyone what I had gotten and take a pic. As far as what we lost....... our kid's car seats, my purse along with all of our SS cards and my id and a little bit of gas money, my youngest son's christmas box that was donated to us, my fiance's xbox and all his games, the laptop cord I was taking my sister for her laptop since mine isn't working, three trashbags full of gifts for the boys (also donated to us), a smithfield christmas ham, lots of cookie making stuff, my package from you, some clothes for the kids and some shoes. And worst of all some of my crochet hooks and two balls of yarn :eek lol. However as much as that sucked my kids still had a good christmas as did I since I got to see my sister and her family and best of all everyone was ok. Plus there was the amazing couple who took us all the way down to where we were going for christmas so we could still see our family. I have been starting to crochet them something as a thanks because words aren't enough. I really regret that I hadn't taken a pic of the package before leaving but I was going to just take one when I got down there since it is only about a 2 1/2 hour drive. :hug but just so you know I did absolutely love it even if I did only have it for a few hours :). I am so glad o hear that you had a great christmas as well and I need to see pics of that guitar :P. I used to have a guitar but not for a long time.

I'm glad you're okay!! :hug

What kind of hooks do you like? I have some that I don't use and could help refurbish your lost ones. Of course the best packing material is yarn. :)

Erin, I am so sorry to hear about what you went through. I see Sue has offered some hooks. Let us know, I'll be glad to send some to you also.

I am very glad to hear you are all safe and made it to your sister's. I hope everything works out with the jobs and will say a prayer that things start improving.:hug

Thank you all so much for the prayers. We can really use them right now :) but things are starting to look up already my son's case worker does not have a problem with us moving down there and I will still be able to keep Ayden's appointment with the doctors at UNC to have him tested. I will just have to make a longer trip is all :P. As far as hooks I use all kinds but aluminum are my favorite. I do however have hooks it's just I lost some of my susan bates hooks that were part of a set. I appreciate the offer but I don't want to take anyone's hooks since I do still have some to do stuff with. I love you all so much :hug I feel like you all are my cville family :D.

Archived