Friendship-ghan Square CAL...UPDATED IN POST 1

TurtleLvr

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
:yawn:morcoffee

Good Morning!!!

Goodness, it's almost Christmas and I am soo not ready! I am so happy about these things called gift cards...:lol

Yes, gift cards rank right up there with super glue, duck tape, and of course YARN!

late to the party, but Happy Birthday Dee Dee!!!!!!!

Hope everyone's having a good morning so far! Just plugging away at hat orders again today...this sock monkey hat is adorable so far but it's taking forEVER. lol

Hi girls! I have been MIA for a while now.I had no computer and am glad to be back!Along with my computer went my list - so pretty please can I get a new one?I am sure there are new people here since I was last on,so - Welcome to the swap! Happy Birthday to Dee and anyone else that has had one in the last few months.

And most importantly - I recieved a beautiful blue square a couple of months back.I lost the envelope and I can't remember who I was to thank for it.But THANK YOU I love it!!

I am going to get busy crocheting when I get a new list but none will be sent out until middle of January.I don't know what I was thinking booking a weeks holiday a couple of days after New Years.Like Christmas with 4 kids wasn't going to break the budget this year when it does every other year:think

Good morning everyone! Oh, I've missed so many posts...I got so busy for a while that I didn't have any time for crocheting, and now I'm trying to get my cabled scarf patterns written up...one of these days I've got to make some time to send out more friendship squares...

Hi everyone, I miss you all. Been busy and have been sick with a nasty cold this week. Hope to soon get back to making squares. Have a great weekend!

Feel better soon! :hug

Sue, could you send me an updated list? I really want to get back to making squares and I think my list is kind of outdated. Thank you! :)

Hi girls! I have been MIA for a while now.I had no computer and am glad to be back!Along with my computer went my list - so pretty please can I get a new one?I am sure there are new people here since I was last on,so - Welcome to the swap! Happy Birthday to Dee and anyone else that has had one in the last few months.

And most importantly - I recieved a beautiful blue square a couple of months back.I lost the envelope and I can't remember who I was to thank for it.But THANK YOU I love it!!

I am going to get busy crocheting when I get a new list but none will be sent out until middle of January.I don't know what I was thinking booking a weeks holiday a couple of days after New Years.Like Christmas with 4 kids wasn't going to break the budget this year when it does every other year:think

Good morning everyone! Oh, I've missed so many posts...I got so busy for a while that I didn't have any time for crocheting, and now I'm trying to get my cabled scarf patterns written up...one of these days I've got to make some time to send out more friendship squares...

Hi everyone, I miss you all. Been busy and have been sick with a nasty cold this week. Hope to soon get back to making squares. Have a great weekend!

:cheer:cheer:cheer I am glad you all checked in. It's been on the quiet side as it seems everyone has gotten really busy, myself included. Aussie Paula I mailed a light blue square off to you the end of Sept. Glad to hear it had a safe trip.

:mail

Pat (pat54), :ty for the beautiful variegated square. Georgeous colors! Even if I am partially color blind, I can still see them even if I think the purple is blue. :lol

I think my camera has made it look brighter than what it really is. To me the colors are deep. I should probably just shut up. :D

post-7514-135897596697_thumb.jpg

Glad to see you popping in! Sent the list to you.

Feel better Glenda!! :hug

Feel better soon! :hug

Sue, could you send me an updated list? I really want to get back to making squares and I think my list is kind of outdated. Thank you! :)

Sent! :)

:turtle:vheart

You are very welcome Jeannie. I was hoping it was ok since you didn't want holes.

Yes it has been very quiet at the site. I miss the Christmas swap so I won't be able to do that one and I have been busy crocheting lately and have not been on the computer as such. Wouldn't it be great if we all manage to get enough squares to show off all the friendship ghan's.

I have seen bag lady references in some of your siggys. What does it mean?

Also, what activities are going on in this thread? Still not sure how active I will be but gonna at least get some squares made. :yes

I belong to the "bag lady club" because I received a bag (which is in my picture) from a lovely lady here called "Tampa Doll". Everything month for the past 56 months this wonderful ville members makes someone very happy by sending them a beautiful crochet bag.

I know there is a thread where you can see all the beautiful bags she has given away but I don't know where it is. I'm sure one of the ladies on here will direct you.

Thanks, Pat. Yep, I know Tampa Doll and if I remember correctly, her husband is Tampa Guy. They are indeed a lovely couple. She sent me one of my first RAOK's about 4 yrs ago. And I'm pretty sure I have a Tampa Doll bag on my wish list...will have to check on that. You're very fortunate to have one of her bags. I hope I can join the bag lady club one day. :)

Gonna go looking for that thread now.

I belong to the "bag lady club" because I received a bag (which is in my picture) from a lovely lady here called "Tampa Doll". Everything month for the past 56 months this wonderful ville members makes someone very happy by sending them a beautiful crochet bag.

I know there is a thread where you can see all the beautiful bags she has given away but I don't know where it is. I'm sure one of the ladies on here will direct you.

Good evening everyone!!

Alright you sickies - what did you do???? Hopefully you're all feeling better, but you passed it to me! I'm rockin' either a cold or a super-fun sinus infection over here. Hoping that maybe a trip to the craft show tomorrow morning is just what I need.... :lol

_______

I would LOVE one her crochetville totes :drool

Alright you sickies - what did you do???? Hopefully you're all feeling better, but you passed it to me! I'm rockin' either a cold or a super-fun sinus infection over here. Hoping that maybe a trip to the craft show tomorrow morning is just what I need...

My daughter attended a birthday party last weekend, and she - along with everyone else who attended - came home with the flu...

Well I guess my body has sympathy and decided to join the sickies. Not sure what's going on but right under my jaw is swollen and my nose is swollen inside???? I've been sneezing so I guess something is up.

No, no, I have no time to be sick. I took Monday off from work (have to use those vacations days before the end of the year) so my honey and I are driving up to Eaton PA (about 1 and 1/2 hours) to go to Hobby Lobby to get some "I love this yarn". I do love that yarn :lol so I want to get a bunch (like I really need more yarn) to have for whatever. Maybe I'll buy a bin while I'm there since all my others are already filled with yarn. ;) Well a person can never have too much yarn.:yarn

Hi everyone! Sorry I haven't been around much lately. Busy with work and preparing for school and Christmas. I have 2 squares going out tomorrow though!

What's everyone making for Christmas presents? I'm making my brother a square afghan, towels with potholder holders, bags, bags and more bags!

:turtle:vheart

Hi ladies! Sorry I haven't post here anytime recently. It's been kinda hectic here trying to find a job for my fiance. It's been very stressful to say the least :(. Been working on my Christmas swap and trying to figure a few things out lol. All things considered though it is coming right along and I am so excited about getting it all sent out :). I hope everyone is have a great day and I can't wait to start seeing Christmas swap items :D!

:lol Pat, holes as in wide open gaps or lacy squares. Your square is great! And thanks again!

Yes Pat that is a gorgeous square. It is taking me awhile to decide on a pattern.

I have seen bag lady references in some of your siggys. What does it mean?

Also, what activities are going on in this thread? Still not sure how active I will be but gonna at least get some squares made. :yes

Squares is what we are all about. We do what we can when we can. Sometimes we throw in a little extra surprise. I make squares and mail them out but am not collecting them......knew I would never put them together. Several of the ladies here conspired together and secretly put together a friendship-ghan for me. It was one of the biggest and best surprises I have ever had. They have had a couple of swaps for those that want to join in. I haven't participated but its been fun to watch and see what they come up with.

Here's the link for all of them.

http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=99413

I still can't believe I have one (got it one year ago).

Archived