New Tunisian Stitch Graphghan CAL: Begins Now March 2010

moomooo

OK - I think I'm going to be brave and try this! It'll be slow going because I'm already in the middle of an afghan for my son.

This will be the first one I've ever made - and it will be in SC. I'm thinking about trying a baby size blanket in just 2-3 colors...

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome aboard Tricia:

SC mewthod is just fine here and please dont think there is a race or a time frame cause there isnt...

You take your time like i do too... just let us know progress when you start and show us photos from time to time...

hugs

Lillibet

Goodmorning ladies:

Well its a cloudy rainy day here today so I will take advantage and work on my graphghan...

I began to work on it last night and well i had to frog the one entire row cause i didnt see the marking and i had already done that row...None the less i frogged it and redid the right row so i feel like i accomplished something.

Well off to crochet in a wee...

Have a great day ladies..

hugs

Lillibet

Hello Mom2CoopnBelle:

Welcome and thank you for joining...

Just wanted to let you know you cant share the graph you are using cause of copyrights but Yes you can show us the work in progress and the completed afghan of the graph you used..

So please do feel free to show us your works when you get into making the afghan....

hugs

Lillibet

I'm in! I'm making a blanket for my son, Lennon. It'll be the Beatles logo, so therefore, can't share the pictures/graph. I'm graphing it myself with some help from my grandma! I have to finish my other son's RR first, then I'll be on my way!!!

I am tempted to join in. If so I have a few WIPs that I have to finish first. But while I'm working on those, I'll try to figure out what I want to graph. Might have to start with a baby sized ghan so I don't get overwhelmed. I'll keep checking in to see what everyone is working on.

Have fun!

Jennifer please do drop in any time you feel you ready to join and well since there is no rush and no time limit what better place to be than here ....

So when you ready just give a hollar...

hugs

Lillibet

Hello my friends:

Just a quick note to let you all know that i will begin physical Therapy this Thursday for my right elbow/arm.

I also have to go for a nerve test.... Doctor say he feels i got nerve damage along with tendonitus...

So i will be working on my graphghan but alot slower than I would have wanted but none the less I will be here to help and answer all who need me...

So feel free to give me a shout when ya need me....

And wish me luck today I'm in soooooo much pain i just want to go and lay down and take all my pain meds so i can sleep... What didnt they do to me today .... OOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCCHHHHHHHHHHH.

hugs

Lillibet

Awww, Lilli! I hope you get some relief! I know something that will make you feel better, but you will have to wait for the mail carrier to bring it to you! Its going out today!!!

I've picked my first pattern and deciding on how to make it...sc, tunisian or a "new" idea I've been trying...

:turtle:vheart

Wow ladies you all cheer me up so much. Thank you for the good wishes...

I took a flexeril last night and still on the wonky side today and imagine it say 3 times a day but i klnow not to from past experiences...

I was able to sleep some and not feel so much numbness last night but its the making sleepy all day thing i dont like when i take my pain meds...

So i suffer thru the day and take one at night only.

Well I sure am glad we got another happy lady wanting to join ..

Please know i will be here for you all if you need me .. I cant crochet much but i can type slow as a turtle... hehehehehehe

I will let ya al kow how therapy goes tomorrow... I kow it will be difficult and painful after the first few sessins as they increase it more and more and i got 16 sessions...

Yikes i can only imagine....

Well be well and take care and know i'm here for you...

hugs and kisses

Lillibet

:(Hi ladies:

Got to update you on my elbow situation....

Went to see the othropedic surgeon on Tuesday and he has ordered PT til i got my nerve test done which by the grace of God and prayers the official appt was for April 8th but i got a call yesterday that there was a cancelation for today at 10am and so i grabbed it...

The neorologist didnt go into much details but he did say to me that ther is some nerve damage but that the orthopedic surgeon will discuss it with me...

I am schedule for PT starting Tuesday so please keep me in your prayers that if PT is going to make things worst then that the good Lord above interveen and that i get a call from doctors office before tuesday.... so i know what to do and what is going on and what will be done...

I will lay off the pc and just come on like twice a day or so and lay off the crocheting especially the graph ghan as i know i can hurt my self more if i try to do that one for now....

If any one of you ladies need me just email me or pm me or post here and i will get back to you...

Please keep on with your projects and progress and posting what you up to with the CAL so we can all still keep encouraged....

Hugs and kisses and i will keep you all posted

Lillibet

Hey all, I'm new, and I think this is going to be the first CAL that I join. I've been looking around for the past couple of days and decided that I would really like to try this one. I recently just finished a blanket that was done basically like filet crochet, so I know I can follow a graph. Something that I haven't done with any of my crocheting is changing colors, so I chose a black and white pattern that I want to start and finish before my hubby's birthday (which is at the end of May). He's a big fan of Elvis, so I just did a google search for a pattern and found one. It is copyrighted so I won't post it here, but I did get some yarn to start it today, and from what I've read, I can and will post pictures as I progress through the work. Anyway, thanks for starting this CAL, and I'm really happy to have found one to join.

:cheer:cheerWelcome Dear:

You've made a great choice to joining this CAL.

PLease let us know your name if you 'd like thats up to you and well I think its a great selection the graph of elvis..

Yes its true that we cant post links to where to find the graphs etc but YES you surely can post your works in progress ..

Are you going to do it in Single crochet method or the tunisian stitch aka Afghan stitch way???

Let us know

Hugs

Lillibet

Hey all, I'm new, and I think this is going to be the first CAL that I join. I've been looking around for the past couple of days and decided that I would really like to try this one. I recently just finished a blanket that was done basically like filet crochet, so I know I can follow a graph. Something that I haven't done with any of my crocheting is changing colors, so I chose a black and white pattern that I want to start and finish before my hubby's birthday (which is at the end of May). He's a big fan of Elvis, so I just did a google search for a pattern and found one. It is copyrighted so I won't post it here, but I did get some yarn to start it today, and from what I've read, I can and will post pictures as I progress through the work. Anyway, thanks for starting this CAL, and I'm really happy to have found one to join.

Welcome aboard mama crochet::::

Yes you are most welcomed here my dear so gather your yarns and keep on posting..

We are to have fun and learn from one another ...

Maybe some day i will try a full graph ghan in SC....

hugs

Lillibet

I have done a few in sc... so I know I can do those... Now if we get the pattern else where ... once the pattern is done ..we will be able to post a picture of it, right? Cuz the one I am doing is a picture of my dgd.

Dear Mama crochet:

To answer your question....

If you made the graph yourself of your dog then you can post the graph....

If you paid to have the graph done then I dont think You can post the graph, however the great news is that you can post photos of your work as you go along that is allowed..

So please free to start posting as you go along with your making of your graph afghan...

I know we will all love to see the works in progress...

Hugs

Lillibet

I have done a few in sc... so I know I can do those... Now if we get the pattern else where ... once the pattern is done ..we will be able to post a picture of it, right? Cuz the one I am doing is a picture of my dgd.

I started it last night and decided to go with sc. Here is what I have so far. I can't work as fast a lot of people because I have a two year old and I'm finishing up my degree, but to get this done in two months I figured that I need to do at least four rows a day. So far it's just the white background, I haven't gotten to the pattern yet.

post-37603-135897517802_thumb.jpg

Archived