New Tunisian Stitch Graphghan CAL: Begins Now March 2010

moomooo

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here is a pic of my progress so far. 23 rows done so far, 177 to go. 56 days left until Hubbies bday which means I can still make it if I stick to my 4 rows a night! I guess I didn't fall too far behind with my little set back. :clap

Oh and please don't pay attention to the naked bed, today was wash day. :blush

post-37603-135897519345_thumb.jpg

Wow Jennifer I think i'm going to have to do like you and stick to a certain amount of rows per day ...

Yours is looking great and i see its not curling????

Keep us posted....

Just Remember today is easter so if you dont do your 4 rows tonight you'll have to do 8 tomorrow thats your assignment...

Hugs

Lillibet

This week my crocheting had to be put to the side. :(

I had some major projects to do for school, and I've been putting all my effort into it. I'm hoping to take some time and do a few rows tonight. Next week I'll get back to it, and I guess I need to add a few more rows each night to catch back up. :yes

How is everyone else doing?

Working on mine...like I said earlier I am doing it in sc and I have done 32 rows and I have 64 rows to go! It is progressing slowly .. but I am starting to see my work in it now, which is making me excited! Can't wait to show it to you all!!!! :)

I can hardly wait to see more of every ones works in progress ...

As you all know i got to take a break from mine at least til mt elbow arm start getting better.....

I dont dare to stress the elbow by working on my ghan right now but its sitting in my love seat looking at me...

You all take care and be well and keep posting...

hugs

Lillibet

I decided to dump the single crochet graphghan. I didn't like the way it was looking. So I'm reverting to Tunisian...the ol' graphghan standby. I enjoy working Tunisian more that SC. Hopefully that will keep me more interested.

I'm making it for my dad for Christmas. I have plenty of time, but I know I'll go through long spells when I don't want to work on it. I am three rows back into it now. I have two more rows to go before I even get into color changes.

Jennifer - The ghan looks good so far! Congrats on the baby.

Olga - Your ghan looks good, too.

I'll post some pictures once I have something to show off.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi ladies:

I hope to get started on my ghan rows again soon...

therapy is going well so hopefully i will be able to grap that long tunisian hook and continue on my ghans...

So in the mean time you ladies keep us entertain here... with your photos...

hugs

Lillibet

Steph Welcome!

Lillibet I'm glad therapy is going well. :hug

I haven't had a chance to work on mine in a while. I have so many other projects going on right now. Hopefully I'll be able to pick it up soon.

I am so pi..ed. I had to take mine alll apart again...frog frog froggy...and start over...im so mad I wont grab it for awhile...im gonna work on something else while I cool off...im gonna finis my noahs ark ghan..my second one .

Is it too late for a newbie to join in??? I have done several sc graphghans but I am thinking of trying out a new way! I have looked up several different sites for doing this stitch and some practice rounds... think I might just jump in feet first and get it started with a big ole blanket (I have lost my mind!) On the plus side there will only be 2 colors for this one so it should not be too bad in that sense. My biggest struggle in practice has been getting the tension the same between the 2 colors. Most of the practice has been using different types of yarn though and this will all be the same type of yarn!

I finally started mine last night after 2 months of flip flopping over which pattern to use. I found a paw print and decided on that. Its not going to be big (80sc x 75sc), but I'm making it for my gs. I figured it was a good size for my first one. The background is RHSS warm brown and the paw print is RHSS woodsy. I got 7 rows done last night! :cheer

:turtle:vheart

Wow Sue that is awesome....

Here quietly I've been working on mine too not many rows per night but at least 2 i still dont want to over do my elbow/arm i go see the doctor on the 18th so in the mean time i'm taking it very easy...

Will post follow up photos when i get more to show on what i'm doing...

way to go Sue

hugs

Lillibet

Wow Sue that is awesome....

Here quietly I've been working on mine too not many rows per night but at least 2 i still dont want to over do my elbow/arm i go see the doctor on the 18th so in the mean time i'm taking it very easy...

Will post follow up photos when i get more to show on what i'm doing...

way to go Sue

hugs

Lillibet

Thanks Lilli! Let us know how the dr appt goes! :hug

:turtle:vheart

I am having to rework my actual graph so starting has been delayed for me :(

I figure this is as good a time as any to ask for some opinions on the tunisian graphghans... why size hook do most of you use? And approx how many stitches long/wide and tall would you say you generally use to get a certain size? I have tried to guage it some but seem to be having a hard time measuring my guage and getting it consistant for some reason. I figure if I am reworking my pattern then I have some ability to adjust it. With my SC ones I have done I usually just add rows to make up space but in the case of this one the pattern expands almost the whole afghan so that isnt really an option.

Thanks!

Archived