New Tunisian Stitch Graphghan CAL: Begins Now March 2010

moomooo

Hi there all:

Come join the fun ladies..... :cheer

Newbies can do this too... I too was a newbie....:clap

It will be in tunisian stitch aka afghan stitch...Or Like Nicole who is joining but doing the SC method that will be fine too...

The main thing is that we learn to follow a graph....

I will be willing to help any newbies with color change as well as with any questions you many have.

You will need long afghan hooks and of course the famous yarn bobbins as well.

This will be good for beginners and experts alike and the main thing is that we show photos of our WIP and then the finished afghan.

Tunisian stitch is lots of fun to do just need patience and learn not to rush if you are a beginner and this would be the place for you to start and learn.

So if you want to join post here.

Let's remember we need to follow Crochetville's copyright/trademark guidelines (posts, private messages, email to other members.) Amy will post a follow-up to this post to clarify those guidelines for everyone. Please be sure to read her post.

I hope to see many of you join on this one. Just remember x-mas is around the corner and you can make a special gift for a loved one if you start now.

Here below you will see the photo of the very first Tunisian Graphgahn I ever did... Its a cat looking out the window..

It was alot of fun to make ..

The one of the Cat Face was done by me also in Single Crochet method ...

HUGS:hug

Lillibet

post-6956-13589751266_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897512661_thumb.jpg

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please remember to follow our copyright/trademark guidelines as you participate in this CAL. I know they can sometimes get confusing, so I'm going to try to clarify things for everyone and keep it simple. If you have any questions about what I've said, please feel free to ask questions.

Posting Pattern Graphs:

Many people like to create their own pattern graphs from a variety of sources: their own original drawing or photo or perhaps an image they've found somewhere else. You may share a graph you've made from your own original drawing or photo. You may not share graphs you've made using someone else's artwork or that feature any popular cartoon character/company or team logo/any other trademarked or copyrighted image. You may not share a graph created by another person.

Exception
: If you know the person who created the graph, you may ask them for permission to post it here. If permission is granted, you must include this statement in your post:
Pattern graph appears here with express written permission from name_of_designer, website_URL.
You must also forward a copy of that written permission to me. PM me for my email address.)

Sharing Links to Patterns:

You are welcome to share links to patterns on sites that respect copyright and trademark law. You may share links to sites with patterns of popular characters or team/company logos if that site makes a public statement that their patterns are officially licensed or that the images are being used with permission of each and every copyright/trademark owner. You may not share links to any sites that feature patterns of such characters or logos if the site does not specifically state that they have the appropriate permission to distribute those patterns.

If the link can't be posted on the forum, please don't share it via private message or email to another member either. Also, please don't share any hints or other information at how members can find the pattern.

If You're Not Sure About a Link You Want to Post:

Just send me a PM with the link you want to post. I'll be happy to check it out for you and let you know whether you can post it.

Filtered Links:

We have added some websites to our site filters. That means if you try to post a URL to that site, it will appear with a bunch of ****** and the link will not work. We don't publish a public list of all sites in the filters, so every now and then a member might accidentally post a link to a filtered site. Don't worry---it's not a big problem, and you can easily fix it.

If you post a link to a filtered site, please edit or delete your post as necessary to remove the link as well as any reference to the site/pattern/etc. Any posts containing filtered links that are not edited by the poster will be deleted in their entirety without further notice.

Posting Photos of Your Projects:

You may post photos of any project you're working on, regardless of the source of your pattern).

Questions?

If you have any questions, please feel free to post them in this thread or send them to me via PM.

Hi Sue:

Thank you for joining in this CAL it will be fun ...

There is no rush on time frame... Its to be done at our leisure time and the idea is not to get all stressfull and enjoy seeing the graph come alive....

hugs

Lillibet

Hello Sue I know that Nicole wants to join in doing a Sc one and i told her that we created a new CAL so i guess when she is ready she will begin to post...

Then there is Irikel as well that i gots to let her know of the new CAL she might still be looking for the old one.hehehehehe

In the mean time my dear I gots my yarns and wip ready I have begun on mine already and will post photo tomorrow of my progress...

I will Post a graph that I made myself of my yellow collar mini macaw I will post his photos and the photo of the graph i made of him..

Maybe my next one after this one I'm doing now of a baby seal i might want to work on his graph and make him his own ghan to cover his front of his cage...

Well with out further adue here is the photos of Baby Lugo and the graph i made of him..

ANY ONE here wanting to do this graph of mine is more than welcomed to it...

enjoy

hugs

Lillibet

post-6956-135897512823_thumb.jpg

post-6956-135897512826_thumb.jpg

OMG! He's GORGEOUS!!!!! Can't wait to see the graphgan you make! Where'd you get that graph??? I could change the colors up a bit and he would look like my Quaker!

I'm going to start with a smaller one, probably pillow sized then work myself up to a large one. I need to go stash diving, but tomorrow my aunt is coming into town and we have to pick her up at the airport and Thursday is my dentist appt. So I'll wait until all that is over and start Friday.

:turtle:vheart

Sue thank you for your kind words ... I made that graph my self with the PC stitch program i got...

If you email me a photo of your birdie i can try and make you a graph of it...

Since its a photo of your own pet i can do that for you...

I know it wont be a problem here ..

take care and i do hope your dental appt goes well for you....

will keep ya in my prayers...

hugs

Lillibet

Thank you Nicole for your kind comments of Baby Lugo and the graph...

Its a close similarity to him...

hugs and also thank you for joining us here as well....

Lillibet

I will be joining in alittle bit later...I had some one ask me to make her a Noahs Ark Baby ghan and you know theres alot of detail that goes into that one so i'm going to be working on that for awhile and once its a few rows in I can start the graph one even if its a smaller one...not the one I had in mind....well catch up to you ladies soon.

Hi Olga so glad you found us here ... I had to do a new CAL as the other one was toooo long already...

So We are starting fresh...

Dont worry sweetie there is no rush here and no time frame so when you ready is good...

hugs

Lillibet

I would love to join if you can teach me to crochet a graph pattern! I had started one of an eagle. Very basic, red background and 121 rows up (single crochet) you start the foot of the eagle. I ended up tearing the entire thing out and putting it away!

Can you help explain to me how you do the color change without it looking a mess? :think

Welcome Olga and Deb!!!

The way I do color changes (sc not tunisian) is the last sc before the color change the last yo I change to the new color. Now if you're carrying the last color along I sc over it. Make sure when you are done with one color leave it in the front of your work so when you turn it ends up on the back. Does that help Deb?

:turtle:vheart

Hi Deb sweetie the one one sc graph ghan i ever made was the one on the first post of the cat face ... I my self dont like the sc method cause I'm not good at it.. but i've seen beautiful ones done in sc.... I guess its a matter of prefferece..

So In this case i think Sue would be of more help to you and others that want to do the SC method...

Thanks for joining my dear...

hugs

Lillibet

Hi there KnickKnack (Carolyn)

Thank you for joining us too.....

I know in time we will get this CAL as big as the first one i did and well tunisian stitch or Sc way its all fun...

I appreciate the ladies doing the SC way joining cause you can help the others that want to do it that ways too....

hugs to all

Lillibet

Hello Caroline:

Wow that will be one awesome graphghan... I love it.... please do keep us posted with your progress...

I will try and get my photo in tomorrow...

Busy day here today....

hugs

Lillibet

ive been looking to try tunisian crochet for while now and have couple of questions if you dont mind?

what stitch is it as ive seen 3 in my book that explains tunisian, simple knit and purl i think.

also are the stitches sqaure, ie can i use square graph paper to design with?

thanks

Hi Joules and welcome:

Some of the ladies are working on their graphghan by doing it the Single Crochet Method..

Some of us are doing the Tunisian STitch also known as the Afghan Stitch Method...

With the single crochet method you can use your regular crocheting hooks.... With the tunisian stitch method you new what is called Afghan Hooks these are longer hooks that hold more stitched on it...

Yes there is graph paper that you can use to design your own graph designs...

There are even printable graph papers online free if you do a search you will find it...

You would need to use the graph paper that has has 10 squares per inside one square..

maybe some one else here can explain that better..

and each square will be one stitch...

Sincerely

Lillibet

ive been looking to try tunisian crochet for while now and have couple of questions if you dont mind?

what stitch is it as ive seen 3 in my book that explains tunisian, simple knit and purl i think.

also are the stitches sqaure, ie can i use square graph paper to design with?

thanks

Hi ladies:

As i mentioned before I'm working on a graph that titled baby seal....

I did change the color of the sand i wanted mine darker as in the graph its offwhite...

Thats the fun of graph ghans you can do what ever colors suit you best...

So right now I'm up to row 11,, I will begin on row 12 just as soon as i get this photo posted....

Enjoy and please do remember to post your progress...

hugs

Lillibet

post-6956-135897514785_thumb.jpg

my books that cover tunisian crochet talk about 3 different stitchs with 3 ways of making them? does it matter which one i use for graphs?

Hi Joules and welcome:

Some of the ladies are working on their graphghan by doing it the Single Crochet Method..

Some of us are doing the Tunisian STitch also known as the Afghan Stitch Method...

With the single crochet method you can use your regular crocheting hooks.... With the tunisian stitch method you new what is called Afghan Hooks these are longer hooks that hold more stitched on it...

Yes there is graph paper that you can use to design your own graph designs...

There are even printable graph papers online free if you do a search you will find it...

You would need to use the graph paper that has has 10 squares per inside one square..

maybe some one else here can explain that better..

and each square will be one stitch...

Sincerely

Lillibet

Archived