New Tunisian Stitch Graphghan CAL: Begins Now March 2010

moomooo

Makinitsofar that is great that you have begun... I know you will keep at it and get it done at your pace ... There is no rush nor time limit here and I thank you for posting what you have begun already...

I have not touched mine til after tomorrow when i go for my first session of therapy.

they have to order some kind of special brace as well so maybe with some luck they might have it there on hand wish me luck...

Again thank you for posting your progress....

hugs

Lillibet

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Want to do this but have to finish at least one project before I can start. Also get graph from son for Afghan he wants for new room. I guess I will just lurk for a while.

Makinitsofar, your'e still miles ahead of me! I'm still debating on which graph to do. I think I'll start with a small one (pillow size) then do a large one, but I may change my mind again by the time I actually start. :lol I have a couple things to finish up first.

Lillibet, good luck with PT!!! Let us know how it goes! :hug

:turtle:vheart

I started doing a single crochet one...and to be honest I hated it. LOL! I'll try again though...but not anytime soon!

It takes some getting use to. If you need any help let me know!

Hi Southern Peach Hooker:

Please do join us and you can choose either SC graph ghan or Tunisian stitch..

I will be more than happy to help you with the color change..

hugs

Lillibet

Sweetie that will be find if you choose the SC way.. I am not good at the SC ways but there are others here willing and happy to healp ya with the SC way if you need help or have questions..

hugs and welcome aboard.

Lillibet

I think I may try the sc one, I always find tunisian to be too time consuming..

Dear Brenda:

Once you have the graph you want to do you would count each square as a stitch...

So lets say you doing a Tunisian stitch ghan you would read it from right to left....

As for a Sc You got me there i dont remember but i'm sure one of the other ladies will expalin that to you...

but either ways each square on that graph is a Stitch...

hugs

Lillibet

Thanks! I am going to look for a simple sc graph that I can try out. I honestly don't know how to read graphs though.....

If you do sc then you'll chain the amount that you need, the first row you read from right to left, the second row you read from left to right, and continue on like that. The odd numbered rows are right to left and the even numbered rows are left to right. Also, you want to crochet in both loops to make sure there are no ridges.

Hello everyone I would like to join the crochet along.What do I have to do?

Hi there all:

Come join the fun ladies..... :cheer

Newbies can do this too... I too was a newbie....:clap

It will be in tunisian stitch aka afghan stitch...Or Like Nicole who is joining but doing the SC method that will be fine too...

The main thing is that we learn to follow a graph....

I will be willing to help any newbies with color change as well as with any questions you many have.

You will need long afghan hooks and of course the famous yarn bobbins as well.

This will be good for beginners and experts alike and the main thing is that we show photos of our WIP and then the finished afghan.

Tunisian stitch is lots of fun to do just need patience and learn not to rush if you are a beginner and this would be the place for you to start and learn.

So if you want to join post here.

Let's remember we need to follow Crochetville's copyright/trademark guidelines (posts, private messages, email to other members.) Amy will post a follow-up to this post to clarify those guidelines for everyone. Please be sure to read her post.

I hope to see many of you join on this one. Just remember x-mas is around the corner and you can make a special gift for a loved one if you start now.

Here below you will see the photo of the very first Tunisian Graphgahn I ever did... Its a cat looking out the window..

It was alot of fun to make ..

The one of the Cat Face was done by me also in Single Crochet method ...

HUGS:hug

Lillibet

I've been keeping up with crocheting at least 4 rows a day, and tonight I'll actually be hitting some pattern parts. I'm really excited to see how it will go with the color change.. and I have a feeling that it might take me a couple of tries before I really get the hang of it.

Hello everyone I would like to join the crochet along.What do I have to do?

You just join in! Pick out a graph pattern and start crocheting. Some people are doing sc, some tunisian. Welcome!

I think I will start this weekend. I have a Batman graph I created a while back. It's not actually a graph of Batman. It's the Bat Signal they use to call Batman, which looks like a black bat with a yellow/gold oval shaped background. Hopefully I can get enough done soon to post a pic since I can't post the graph. I will only need two colors as I will use black for my main background and the bat and yellow for the oval part. I'm thinking I may run into Hobby Lobby after work so I can get started. Will probably use ILTY for this one.

If I can work this out, it will be a Christmas gift for my oldest. He has Batman sheets and comforter. I also have a Spiderman RR in the works for my youngest who has the Spiderman bedset.

Well I started my graph...I finally finished the Noahs Ark(2nd one) so im not making such a big one here ...it is quite small ...65 x 35. Its a Snoopy...I think it will be a nice pillow size . In this case , I dont think size matters...pardon the pun...lol...I just want in on the CA. I will post progress soon.

Well I started my graph...I finally finished the Noahs Ark(2nd one) so im not making such a big one here ...it is quite small ...65 x 35. Its a Snoopy...I think it will be a nice pillow size . In this case , I dont think size matters...pardon the pun...lol...I just want in on the CA. I will post progress soon.

Can't wait to see your progress. I think seeing the pictures is one of my favorite things!

Well...I was the frogging queen at another C/A I was in and im not making any exceptions at this one ...I've already frogged twice...lol. Looks like im on my wat to being crowned once again ...=D

Dear makingofa star:

Frogging is normal here i already had to frog two rows and back and redo as i did the same row twice.... Not a good thing... but we get to practice more on the stitches that ways...

hugs

Lillibet

Dear Olga:

Thank you for joining us so quickly and well frogging you know how that goes..... hehehehehe

Say can you share with us the photos of the other tunisina ghans you made before..

Just to encourage more readers to join....

hugs

Lillibet

Archived