Dishcloths of 2010 CAL.....

teakaycee

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Very pretty !

Now,you have to use the small double pointed needles for cables, is that right ?

Yep...that's what I use - the pattern will call for you to slip a given number of stitches onto the cable needle and either hold the needle in back or in front of your work like this:

post-15073-13589756105_thumb.jpg

post-15073-135897561054_thumb.jpg

You then continue to work stitches according to the pattern, then work the stitches off the cable needle. This creates the twist...I'm sure someone else could explain better...

:sun .......... Good Morning kids..............

How are you all?

I'm doing okay... still struggling a bit with my neck... but one day at a time... right?!

We ordered a dumpster a few days ago and this weekend we started purging! We have one of my boys closet and the hall closet and the upstairs will be DONE. Then its onto the main floor for some serious tossing!!!

Yesterday a "Kitchen Swap" was posted here on the 'ville..... So I'm not sure if you kids still want to do something here in our little CAL. Let me know whatcha think.

Love the dishcloths Heather and Julee! Beautiful work!!!

:heart

:mug

Take it easy Tammy! Don't do anymore damage to yourself than you have to! :hug

BTW, I'm joining the kitchen swap, but still would love to do something here too!

:turtle:vheart

Hi Heather

Thank you for the photos showing how to do the cables. Maybe I'll screw up enough courage to give them a try sometime .

I think I might try the mitered square one next --- it doesnt sound much more difficult than the one I am doing now .

Hi Heather

Thank you for the photos showing how to do the cables. Maybe I'll screw up enough courage to give them a try sometime .

I think I might try the mitered square one next --- it doesnt sound much more difficult than the one I am doing now .

I am going to try that one next too...I really like Julee's!

okay kids... how about a 'mystery kit swap'?

This could be very simple... and fun!

We could make it bathroom related if you want... since there is a "Kitchen Swap" going on.... and our cotton work here on this CAL can be made for bathrooms too!

the idea would be that once we have a list of players... I will pair you up with a swap buddy.... you then have to create a kit for your partner of simply pattern and yarn and possibly embellishments to create something for their bathroom. I dont think we need to send each other hooks... needles or things of that nature. The printed pattern can NOT have a picture of what it is.... hence the "mistery" part.

I'll have a short and simple questionare for us to fill in ... so that we at least get things that are color cordinated to our bathrooms.

we can all send one or two fun other items in the package just to be fun. Maybe an extra pattern for something unrelated to the swap... some lotion to go with our "kit" etc.

Keep it simple ... yet fun!

It could be fun to create our new bathroom item and then show & share the fun new things we have.

Here's what my cabled dishcloth looks like so far - right now it's square, but once I complete the cable pattern rep, it will be a rectangle...do you think it would look bad to stop where I'm at with an incomplete pattern rep, and crochet a border? It goes against my nature to that...but I don't think I will be happy with a rectangle either. Maybe I will just frog it?!

[ATTACH]25074[/ATTACH]

I think that it looks fine as it is, and I also think it would be find as a rectangle. The yarn worked out really well in that design.

There are a few free patterns for knitted dishcloths here...all very simple ;)

http://krisknits.blogspot.com/2008/02/its-spring-thing.html

I've visited this site before, but this is the first time I've seen the "springing up Flowers" cloth and I really like it. I enjoy doing the picture cloths. They look like they take quite a bit of talent, but they are actually quite easy. (my knitting could best be characterized as beginner!)

Julie, I can knit cables, and you've heard lots from me on what lousy knitter I really am. If I can do it, pretty much anyone can!

I didn't try cables for a long time, but then I checked out some tutorials on youtube and they are not as difficult as I had imagined - and if I can do them - you can do them too!

Here is another one I knitted with cables:

link to free pattern: http://smariek.blogspot.com/2008/08/triumph-cable-scarf-pattern.html

[ATTACH]25085[/ATTACH]

Another nice cloth!

Just checkin' in real quick~we got a nasty computer virus that ate our browser, and I've been playin' with my mountain dulcimer rather than crocheting. Still y'all are on my heart! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Oh, Sandi...sorry to hear that!

Hi. I'm still learning about this site. A couple months ago, I stumbled across a sale on cotton yarn. I got a lot in huge skeins. My husband thought I was nuts. I'm making dishcloths for my sisters-in-law for Christmas. Each will get a set of whatever I can make from "her" skein. Hot pads, scrubbies, dishcloths, etc. I'm having fun with The Big Book of Dishcloths. It's interesting working with the variegated yarn. Each item made with the same yarn looks so different, yet they coordinate. Pretty and practical, one-size-fits-all, and everyone needs them.

Hi. I'm still learning about this site. A couple months ago, I stumbled across a sale on cotton yarn. I got a lot in huge skeins. My husband thought I was nuts. I'm making dishcloths for my sisters-in-law for Christmas. Each will get a set of whatever I can make from "her" skein. Hot pads, scrubbies, dishcloths, etc. I'm having fun with The Big Book of Dishcloths. It's interesting working with the variegated yarn. Each item made with the same yarn looks so different, yet they coordinate. Pretty and practical, one-size-fits-all, and everyone needs them.

Oh, those cotton sales...who can resist?! The Big Book of Dishcloths sounds fantastic... can't wait to see pictures! Dishcloths do make good gifts, but beware...after they try them, they will want more!

:sun ........ Morning kids.................

Hope all is well with everyone!

I'm movin' slow today... did a treatment on my neck last night and I'm hurtin' :(

I'm getting some crocheting done though.... have another load of laundry in and will finish up cleaning the hall closet here in a while... just need to put a few more things back!

Just checkin' in real quick~we got a nasty computer virus that ate our browser, Oh sweetie......... I'm so sorry to hear this!!! and I've been playin' with my mountain dulcimer rather than crocheting. Still y'all are on my heart! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

Hi. I'm still learning about this site. A couple months ago, I stumbled across a sale on cotton yarn. I got a lot in huge skeins. My husband thought I was nuts. I'm making dishcloths for my sisters-in-law for Christmas. Each will get a set of whatever I can make from "her" skein. Hot pads, scrubbies, dishcloths, etc. I'm having fun with The Big Book of Dishcloths. It's interesting working with the variegated yarn. Each item made with the same yarn looks so different, yet they coordinate. Pretty and practical, one-size-fits-all, and everyone needs them. Welcome to Crochetville!!! Cant wait to see some pics of your dishcloths and such!

more coffee ...... bbiab

Just checkin' in real quick~we got a nasty computer virus that ate our browser, and I've been playin' with my mountain dulcimer rather than crocheting. Still y'all are on my heart! (((((HUGS))))) sandi

:hug Sandi!

:sun ........ Morning kids.................

Hope all is well with everyone!

I'm movin' slow today... did a treatment on my neck last night and I'm hurtin' :(

I'm getting some crocheting done though.... have another load of laundry in and will finish up cleaning the hall closet here in a while... just need to put a few more things back!

more coffee ...... bbiab

How are your eyes doing???

:turtle:vheart

laundry.. ugh... ok going to go finish..or at least get it folded out of the dryer and the last load IN the dryer..

I have a wedding shower to go to tomorrow..and no dishclothes or anything done to be able to gift...sigh... to much yarn..to little time

Michaels... 4 for $5 through the weekend!!

I was at Joann's today to check out the yarn section. They have been adding some new yarns. I noticed some different colors of the Bernat Handicrafter that I had not seen before. I bought "Ume Blossom" colorway which is light pink, dark pink, green and off white. I checked on Bernat's site but could not find this colorway so either it is really new, or discontinued. LOL I will probably get something made in the next few days because I can't wait to see how it works up.

Archived