Captain Hook & the Yarn Pirates

JulieKay

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thank you for the well wishes for my daughter..she beat her hubby in rummy 6 times so he gave up..I told her she needs to learn how to crochet lol but I am here in az she is in NC

If she has a laptop and a webcam and you have a webcam you can both get Skype accounts to video chat and teach her that way.

Craziebunny, You and family will be in my thoughts and prayers. Try to take it one day at a time, or better yet, one hour at a time. :hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug:hug

well got side tracked the next few days making a bed doll to mail off to friend..if you can spare a prayer say one for my daughter she is about 10 weeks preg and having a hard time with bleeding. ultrasound picks up heartbeat and sees the baby. just worried about her she had bloodclot yesterday that was big.beginning think I like odd number of years this even one isnt starting out to happily

:hug:hug:hug Prayers for your daughter and baby!!!!

The photos may not be the best, but I tried. The yarn is Plymouth Baby and it's a white with pink dots and it's really pretty, but it doesn't show up well in the pictures.

[ATTACH]17462[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]17466[/ATTACH]

Wow.............that is outstanding!!!! Just beautiful!

:heart

:mug

Crazybunny, I hope that your daughter will be alright...I'll keep her in my thoughts and prayers.

Thank you for the compliments Tam...I had such fun making it.

Judy, that's great, and I'm sure Sparkie loves it too. Hopefully I can drag myself away from Facebook long enough tonight to do some crocheting. I did get a little done the last few nights, but frogged it back because I'd dropped some stitches at the beginning of the afghan. I think this is just a scrapghan, and in face I'll be emailing you soon for encouragement on a graphghan I have in mind.

Thanks, ladies! I was glad I remembered to alternate the directions of the squares, on the variegated ones in particular. I wanted a "different" look;) I wanted to go bigger, but really had to stop. Any bigger it would have been a bedspread:lol

I've been working on my seraphina shawl for my secret sister. I had to rip 7 rows out as I missed a couple of chain 1 spaces. I'll be finishing this up this week as it is our last week of exchanging gifts.

Marlene

Sorry you had some problems with the shawl .That is one of hte items that I have started multiple times and never been able to succeed with it. I guess I get easily confused, when there are continuous repeats like that. I lose my place too easily or something, or get too easily frustrated .

I bet it'll be beautiful when done .

wow, that is beautiful!

I like your idea of "carrots". I need to do something like that. I get things done, but I tend to procrastinate until the last minute, so I'm always racing against the clock.

At 50 by 84 inches it covers Sparkie's favorite snuggling area on our bed:hook

Very nice Judy!

I am almost finished with my Tree of Life ghan and then will work in earnest to get this ghan done...

Marlene, the Seraphina shawl is a pattern that I have tried several times, but never succeeded in mastering. I think its beautiful, but I've given up on it, at least for a while. I'm sure your secret sister will be thrilled with it.

LeAnna, looking forward to seeing your TOL ghan.

I've been working on my seraphina shawl for my secret sister. I had to rip 7 rows out as I missed a couple of chain 1 spaces. I'll be finishing this up this week as it is our last week of exchanging gifts.

Ok. I read later posts and see ladies have given up on it. This makes it a challenge to me if you could tell me where to find the pattern if it is available on line. I would sure appreciate a link to it. Hope yours goes better. I sometimes feel like I have made something two times by the time I frog to mistakes. Hang in there. Wanda

Today my daughter went to the doctor an the baby's heartbeat was really good and she was released with just no lifting so that is wonderful news THANK YOU for all your Prayers and well wishes.

That's wonderful!!:hug

Archived