A special Thank you.

I had made 8 baby sets for the hospital for the holidays. I brought them over, with little notes saying my name and email addy on them.

I received just the nicest thank you note, along with a picture of the baby wearing my sweater set. I had made a white sweater with pink trim, along with a white bonnet, and pink trim.

It was just so nice to hear from someone that I helped. It has me all choked up inside.

Has anyone else received special thank you's?

:manyheart

With every package of items I have sent to the OB ward at Pine Ridge, Brandi(OB RN) has sent a personal thank you. It does warm my heart to read that my love is well received. :-) I don't expect thank you notes, though it's so nice to be acknowledged.

I also received thank yous from Cheyenne River Reservation, Cangleska(PRR), Handmade Especially For You(CA-Scarves for Abused Women) and Newborns in Need (NC).

When I first read your posting and pondered the question about receiving a special Thank You, my first reaction was I had not received one. Then I thought about it some more and realized I have. One is the little thank you card I received from a friend's daughter thanking me for the baby afghan I crocheted for her. I have it tucked away in my crochet patterns. But the one that delights me the most is not a thank you card or a verbal thank you but the reaction one of my great nieces had. I crocheted her a baby afghan before she was born. From the time she was born her parents used the afghan to wrap her up in or cover her with it. Even after she was past the baby stage that was the afghan she had to sleep with and also carry with her wherever she went. Finally after constant use for several years it just was completely worn out and what was left of it had to be thrown away. There really wasn't much to throw away she loved it so. Her mother had to make her another one before she was happy again. Knowing that she loved it so that it wore completely out makes me feel very, very special. :manyheart :manyheart

My Project Linus chapter coordinators (we have this huge city divided up into quarters by zip code, with area coordinators responsible for getting the blankets from the drop off places within their area) always send really sweet, personal notes, with reference to one of the blankets or something like that so you know she knows who she is writing to. It's really very lovely. Patty

I haven't given anything I've made away to anoyone other then my son so haven't really gotten any thank you's. But I crocheted my son an Elmo and he thanked me in his own special way. He does not go to bed w/o that Elmo in his bed (or the scarecrow I made initially for fall decorations but he claimed). I think that is the best thank you I could ever have. :manyheart

When I sold an afghan to a co-worker (I work at Market Basket) for a baby shower gift, I never expected a thank you. One day a lady with a baby came up to me and said "My aunt told me you made this afghan for my baby. Thank you". Her 4 month old boy looked so happy all snuggled up with it in the stroller. The smile on his little face said it all. That is the best "thank you" any one can get. :manyheart

Ellie 13

While the reason we crochet and gift our items is not for the thank yous, it is nice to know that the person you made something for likes your gift. I have received personal notes for the person in charge of the local chapter of project linus each time I have given a baby blanket.

I received a phone call last week and grinned ear to ear for about an hour after. I made the(leisure arts #191) square rainbow ripple (it's a round ripple with a granny square in the center, supposed to be a baby blanket, and I think uses a size e hook) I made it in white and primary colors in ww and I think an I hook. It's is posted here in show and tell I think, but anyway, my fil is the pastor of our church and as a result he watches over the senior members. He was talking about this lady I have known for the last 20 years, she lives by herself (she is widowed and has no children) and gets cold a lot. When I made that afghan I didn't know what I was going to do with it, but I thought about her and thought she might like it.

Well to make a long story longer,lol....

She called me last week to thank me for the blanket, she told me that she crocheted for years but now that she is older she can't see well enough or "keep in her mind" how to work the stitches. She loved the bright colors and how warm it was. I belive she is 88, and although I have know her more than 20 years, I had no idea she crocheted at all.

When I was about 15 and in high school, I took Home Ec. and we sewed really cute teddy bears. I ended up making about 20 bears at home and my dad took me to a local Wish Come True office so I could donate them. They had asked for my name and address on a tag to put with the bears. As they went around talking with the families of children who were being granted wishes they gave them my bears. Some even went to siblings so they could have comfort too. I received quite a few thank you letters from parents and even the children, some even drew pictures for me. It was so inspirational to me to read how much this little act of kindness touched their lives that I still have the letters 15 years later in my keepsake box. I have also continued to donate over the years and have been teaching my 3 yo DD how nice it is to donate things to people who need them. While a thank you is not necessary it is nice to know that people appreciate the time and effort.

Archived