A Diaper Cake

Lynn

I made this diaper cake for the baby shower next week for my soon-to-be great grandson, Landen

post-2266-135897496395_thumb.jpg

post-2266-135897496399_thumb.jpg

post-2266-135897496403_thumb.jpg

Yes, they are fun to make! Easy too! Just roll the diapers tightly and hold them with rubber bands then place them around a baby bottle in a cake format and decorate any way you want to

That is adorable, wish I knew how to do one for my upcoming grandson.

They are really easy! This is my first one. I just googled diaper cake instructions and a plethora of things came up. I liked the one that is formed around an 8 oz bottle. You just begin by rollong a diaper tightly and rubber band it. After you get all the diapers rolled start placing them around the baby bottle (I filled the bottle with Hershey's Kisses for Mom). Place about 6 or 7 diapers around the bottle and put a big rubber band around the center of the ring of diapers. It helps to have someone help you to hold them in place. Then place another ring of diapers around the first ring and rubber band. Then a third ring. The third ring will have about 15 to 18 diapers in it. Now start the second row of diapers around the bottle on top of the first layer. This layer will have only 2 rings. Then place another 8 oz bottle on top of the first one and do your third and last layer. This layer will have just one ring of diapers - about 5 to 7. Then put 2 1/2 or 3 inch wide ribbon around each layer to cover the rubber bands and decorate with whatever you wish. I used some little shirts and pants rolled and double face taped in place as well as nail clippers, pacifer clips& stuffed animal on top

You did a great job..I love making them as well..My last one they took it apart at the end of the shower..I was upset..My friend didn't get a pic of it at the shower, so I gave her one I took before the shower...

I would have been upset too! Whay did they take it apart? I would think that would be part of the fun for the mom and dad to be to do at home. At least she has a pic of it to keep

I would have been upset too! Whay did they take it apart? I would think that would be part of the fun for the mom and dad to be to do at home. At least she has a pic of it to keep

I thought soo too..And she was upset as well..The lady's never saw one before..I told them that was MY GIFT!!!..Oh well, next time I know to make a sign...:yes

That was kinda nervy to take it upon themselves to take something like that apart! They had to be kinda dumb not to know that it was a gift from someone! I bet you were mad!

Archived