The 12 Scarves of 2010

nicolep

I'm making a scarf for each month this year. I'm not planning on making them necessarily "match" the month....I have a special idea and need to make at least one each month.

January's scarf is made with Caron Simply Soft and a size "J" Turn of the Century hook. It's Tunisian Entrelac. I've made several of these scarves in different colors since learning the technique. It works up fast and Tunisian is especially addicting for me. I truly enjoy making these.

post-28827-135897495686_thumb.jpg

Thanks for looking everyone! I'll be updating the first post with each month's picture. :)

Beautiful! :yes

I love the look of the Entrelac crochet! I'd really like to learn how to do that. Maybe one of these days. After I manage to finish up everything else that I said I'd do "one of these days". :lol That's the problem with crocheting! There are SO many different patterns and different techniques, we need three or four lifetimes to be able to get to them all! :lol

Lovely scarf! I too love entrelac. It's one of my favorite things to do. I used to think. "Gosh, scraves must be so boring to make!" until a couple of months ago :blush I was actually thinking yesterday "I wish it was cold enough to wear scarves year 'round" Then I had to remind myself to bite my tongue! LOL

Archived