Annie's Lace Throw

yarnhookncandle

Question

I bought the "Annie's Lace Throw" kit from Mary Maxim and was wondering if anyone else has purchased the kit and was having problems with the pattern?

I think there might be errors somewhere around row 15 but I'm not sure. I did call Mary Maxim customer service and the lady was very nice and said no one else has called about it and she didn't think there were corrections to be made but she is going over it again and will let me know, it is a new kit so maybe there hasn't been enough time for someone else to notice. Thought I would take a chance and ask here also. I'm sorry I don't know how to post a link but it is on page 19 of their Spring 2010 catalog.

• Answers 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Isn't that at the beginning of this thread?

But I thought I read there was another problem after that row....I'll go back and read again when I have more time. I've got to log off the computer and get some rest now! :yes

Thanks for the offer to help!!! :hug

Yep you're right! It's at the beginning of this thread. Row 15 and row 17 are the funky rows! I new the thread was close by! :lol

Hi - I started a new subject on this throw without checking to see if there was one already. Yes, I agree that there are problems with it and further on my second one (this time I used the kit yarn and the first time I used Bernat) I do not have enough yarn. I am probably going to be about two rows short. It will be interesting to see how MM addresses this issue with me. I do intend to mention that this pattern has errors and additionally, it sure would have been better if there was a stitch count on the border. Most all patterns have stitch counts and why not this one. No one was mentioned the start of Row 19, I think that first part is unnecessary.

Hi - I started a new subject on this throw without checking to see if there was one already. Yes, I agree that there are problems with it and further on my second one (this time I used the kit yarn and the first time I used Bernat) I do not have enough yarn. I am probably going to be about two rows short. It will be interesting to see how MM addresses this issue with me. I do intend to mention that this pattern has errors and additionally, it sure would have been better if there was a stitch count on the border. Most all patterns have stitch counts and why not this one. No one was mentioned the start of Row 19, I think that first part is unnecessary.

Yep! That's what happened to me. I was exactly 2 rows short at the border. They told me I crochet too loosely!

Hello

I am new to your group. I was referred by someone from another group because I am having so much trouble with a Mary Maxim afghan pattern. It is Annie's Lace Throw.

I am on rnd 1 on page two. Yes I have found that rnd 15 as mistakes. I have also contacted MM and they have been very nice about helping me. It seems that several people are having problems with this pattern.

The name of the lady to speak with is Debbis. She is very kind and helpful.

Here is what she gave me. Rnd 5 at the end should have 39 clusters not counting the corners.

Rnd 6 should have 40 clusters and rnd 7 should have 41 clusters.

Other than that she had no other revisions for me.

I hope this helps people.

If anyone has some other incite please let us know.

Thanks Pam

I hear you, how come it was not caught when the pattern was tested or don't they test patterns before putting them out. Mary

I just spoke with someone at MM and she told me they do check the patterns for accuracy before they post in the catalog, but if this is true how come we all are having such a hard time. We all can't be wrong!

Frustrated with the pattern!

Pam

Hello

I am new to your group. I was referred by someone from another group because I am having so much trouble with a Mary Maxim afghan pattern. It is Annie's Lace Throw.

I am on rnd 1 on page two. Yes I have found that rnd 15 as mistakes. I have also contacted MM and they have been very nice about helping me. It seems that several people are having problems with this pattern.

The name of the lady to speak with is Debbies. She is very kind and helpful.

Here is what she gave me. Rnd 5 at the end should have 39 clusters not counting the corners.

Rnd 6 should have 40 clusters and rnd 7 should have 41 clusters.

Other than that she had no other revisions for me.

I hope this helps people.

If anyone has some other incite please let us know.

Thanks Pam

I did the above rows like MM gave me and they don't work out.

I sure hope someone is able to help. It is very frustrating!

Pam

I would tell them they can send me the yarn to finish it. Period.

Has anyone emailed them the corrections that have been made in the previous post.

It's not uncommon to find intricate patterns that have a lot of mistakes in them. Unfortunately.

I refuse to buy the 'kits'. If I want a pattern I'll buy the pattern and choose my own yarn.

I hope it turns out well.

I would really like to get the pattern for this afghan but do not wish to buy the yarn, is there anyone willing to share or sell their copy of this pattern?

Admin Note: It would be copyright infringement and a violation of our forum guidelines for another member to share a copy of this pattern. It is also a violation of our forum guidelines to ask another member to share copies of copyrighted patterns.

(The person who posted this is a brand-new member of Crochetville, so she's probably not aware of our guidelines yet related to copyright issues.)

Hmmmm....I have this pattern, too....I haven't started it yet, though. I'm determined to finish WIPs before starting something else big. So it may be awhile before I can make this. I hope you all figure it out before I get started! ;)

Judy I will help you if you need it. There is another thread here somewhere that someone wrote the directions that need to be changed. If memory serves me right, I think it's only one row.

Judy I will help you if you need it. There is another thread here somewhere that someone wrote the directions that need to be changed. If memory serves me right, I think it's only one row.

Isn't that at the beginning of this thread?

But I thought I read there was another problem after that row....I'll go back and read again when I have more time. I've got to log off the computer and get some rest now! :yes

Thanks for the offer to help!!! :hug

Hi - I did this kit and didn't find any problem with it - I finished it this weekend and absolutely loved it and the color of yarn that I picked - I saw these postings about mistakes so I braced myself thinking I'd have problems too - I found the pattern easy and fun to do - can't wait to do another!

I just got this kit too. I haven't started it yet, but if I get stuck, I hope you all will help me out. This is such a pretty afghan, so it's a crying shame that there are errors in the pattern. This has got to tick off even seasoned crocheters. Even though I've been crocheting for years, pattern errors still make me want to tear my hair out.:thair It's amazing that I have any hair left on my head at all....cause I've come across many patterns with errors.

Just a note though, the original pattern may have been free of errors, but the errors may have come from the re-printing of the pattern from the designer...you know, the ol' typo's. We all make them, but when selling materials, they really should be proof read.

I just got the Annie's Lace Throw kit and they must have fixed their mistakes on the printout...I am on row 20 and so far I have found no mistakes and everything is looking good....row 15 was ok and I had no problems with 17 or 18....Not real fond of the starlette yarn, find it a little thick but wanted the pattern real bad so had no choice in yarn..expensive pattern though, cost me almost $48.00 with shipping and handling...now I have pattern I can use a different yarn when I make next one....Marlene

I have made four of these believe it or not and YES, there are a bunch of mistakes. I have written an entire page of as I call them 'printer errors' to this throw. I will be glad to assist anyone that would like it. Just email me direct and I will get back to you.

Further note - if anyone emails me in the next few days, it may be next week before I reply to you. My aunt has had a massive stroke and is coming home from rehab and I am going to assist for a few days.

I can't believe Mary Maxim would publish a pattern with as I will call it sloppy instructions. It makes you to never buy a kit from them again.

Further note - if anyone emails me in the next few days, it may be next week before I reply to you. My aunt has had a massive stroke and is coming home from rehab and I am going to assist for a few days.

That's so generous of you, Celia. Prayers and positive thoughts for your Aunt. Take good care.

I just got the Annie's Lace Throw kit and they must have fixed their mistakes on the printout...I am on row 20 and so far I have found no mistakes and everything is looking good....row 15 was ok and I had no problems with 17 or 18....Not real fond of the starlette yarn, find it a little thick but wanted the pattern real bad so had no choice in yarn..expensive pattern though, cost me almost $48.00 with shipping and handling...now I have pattern I can use a different yarn when I make next one....Marlene

I wonder if there is a way to compare patterns to see if the pattern really was revised or not. Perhaps we could compare the rounds that had the most issues? If you, Marlene, didn't have trouble with it, than something good must have come about. When I start my kit, and I run into trouble, I know who I will be calling upon. :devil I didn't care for the yarn with the kit either, so the next one will be with the yarn of my own choosing.

Thanks Jeanne for your thoughts and prayers. She has a very long way to go.

In another response, I would like to see the difference in the pattern. I will be at Mary Maxim sometime in the next few months. Believe me, I intend to take my list of corrections with me and ask for an appointment with the manager/owner. I reported the mistakes and was told to contact customer service which I did and was told that they had sold 100's of kits with no problems. I found that hard to believe. I had also purchase the large pineapple afghan that is one big pattern and it has problems as well. It bulges past bad and the yarn was not appropriate for the pattern. I am going to do this one again and revise it. I think this company needs some real every day testers for patterns before they are published.

Thanks Jeanne for your thoughts and prayers. She has a very long way to go.

In another response, I would like to see the difference in the pattern. I will be at Mary Maxim sometime in the next few months. Believe me, I intend to take my list of corrections with me and ask for an appointment with the manager/owner. I reported the mistakes and was told to contact customer service which I did and was told that they had sold 100's of kits with no problems. I found that hard to believe. I had also purchase the large pineapple afghan that is one big pattern and it has problems as well. It bulges past bad and the yarn was not appropriate for the pattern. I am going to do this one again and revise it. I think this company needs some real every day testers for patterns before they are published.

Way to go Celia! I hope you will post what you learn and find out when you go over to Mary Maxim.

I wish your Aunt a Speedy recovery. I will keep her in my prayers. :hug

One last thing I forgot to tell you - there is NOT enough yarn in this kit. I lacked about three rows and someone else has emailed me with the same problem. I called and ask for more yarn to no avail. Again, I was told NO ONE had the problem - again hard to believe.

I don't have the kit and will have to go to there website so I can see a picture of it. I would suggest if anyone has to call MM about this again (or the next time you call them) lead them to the ville and tell them to read what is here. All these people can't be wrong. Good luck!

I am working on the ends panels. It says to cluster, sk 2 sc, double crochet, sk 2 sc, shell, but it does not call for a chain to close the shell and without chains it is bunching up. Is this right?

Archived