Slippers for Christmas Presents

boksie

what kind of yarn did you use? Did you use sock yarn or regular acrylic?? I Love them all! What a great idea for gifts. My new years resolution is to start (now) on making next year's christmas gifts....scarves & hats, and socks!!

The slippers are very easy to make. :yes They're one piece with a seam up the back. They are all single crochet and a little bit of chaining. I use\ 2 strands of ww yarn. I've used this pattern since the mid/late 70s and it has been available online for free for a few years that I know of. I've used it so many times I have it memorized :hook. These slippers are a comfort thing, almost as good as chocolate:yes. They take a little bit less than 1/2 skein each of 2 colors (so almost 1 full skein total). It is easy to adjust these for larger sizes too. Sometimes if I'm using leftover yarn and I'm not sure if I'll have quite enough, I shorten the cuffed top.

I love your slippers. You used my favorite slipper pattern. My Mom called them booties and wore out every pair I ever made for her. They are very warm and comfy.

Good job.

I would like to make some, but can't get the link to the pattern to work. Is there another way to get the pattern? This is what I get when I click on the link:

Sorry, we can't find "www.*********************". We suggest that you check the spelling of the web address or search above.

Archived