Hugs for Homeless Veterans CAL

BPitard

Are you interested in making a scarf for a Homeless Veteran?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Are you interested in making a scarf for a Homeless Veteran?

• Yes
    • No

I have made about 15 scarfs since the 4th of December and found my favorite stitch is hdc for scarves. My favorite (quick) pattern is to do a chainless foundation row of HDC's about 7" long, chain 2 and turn, hdc to end then repeat. You can do this in stripes of 2 rows per color or solid 1 color. You can use a larger hook and 2 strands of yarn... mix it up, make it fun... just make sure you come up with something a man would want to wear since most homeless veterans are men.

Thank you so much for making scarves!

Beth

(who has a goal of making 6 more scarves between now and Christmas so she has to get back to work LOL!)

Thank you Scooby! I did receive your wonderful scarf today. You have brightened a Homeless Veterans day.

You are quite welcome it is my pleasure!!! Wow that was fast. I wasn't expecting you to get it this soon, but glad you like it. :hug

Hi- I would be interested in making at least one- possibly more. Is there any particular size the scarves need to be?

Scarves should be no smaller than 7" wide and 60" long. Fringe does not count in the length but your welcome to add it. Please use gender-neutral colors (no pink, baby blue etc) and machine washable yarn.

Archived