I was impressed the other day

I am 32 and I play in the concert band at the local college when they need extra players. While waiting for rehersal to begin there I noticed a young man making himself a scarf. He was knitting instead of crochet but I was still impressed. After asking a few questions I found out that one of the girls in the dorms teaches the other students how it knit. Then I found out that there was a sorority that does "Crocheting for a cause" and makes hats and scarves (both knit and crochet) for the homeless. Last year they donated over 100 hats and scarves to the community. I was so impressed that these busy college students use their free time to learn a new craft and do something wonderful with it.

That really is impressive. I don't think I ever would have been that altruistic in college. I was too rapt up in myself and all the social and school drama to even think of doing anything for others. It's nice that they are starting out life doing something so great.

i think that the stress of todays life has made alot of people look and take a step back to things that are more creative like crocheting and knitting. maybe this generation of people isnt going to be so self-centered

That's fantastic!

I know at Illinois State University, where my daughter goes, is a knitting group that meets pretty regularly. My daughter won't knit or crochet because it's my thing to do. She knows how, she just won't do it.

:manyheart

Archived