November Charity blast 12th 17th

darski

The prayer shawl is now done. On to other things tomorrow.

Ten 6x9 rectangles done, small balls sorted for grannies daughters---then decided to do two scarves. Working on a navy blue wool blend and not enough blend, my eyes are swollen, itch and my throat is raw. Can't work on it for more than a half hour or so at a time. Determined to keep plugging along.

Great progress! :clap

Sorry about the wool allergy...that's awful:hug

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My charity weekend project was a bust.

The saltine baby blanket became > the center panel for a rectangular blanket which became > (take your choice) another CHristmas centerpiece, a placemat, or a pet bed for a small animal:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I am so done with it!

LindaT. WTG on finishing the prayer shawl so quickly!

Darski - I hope you and your wrists are feeling better!!!! And I must say that you and I might just be the biggest :cheer:cheer for the flannelghan! there aren't even words for the gratitude I feel for RoseRed for sharing that pattern with us! It is the Bomb!

Great Job, everyone!!!! There are some wonderful folks, here, with :manyheart of GOLD!!!!

:ghug

I finished putting together the MAM but I am not sure of a sc boarder....do boarders go on MAM?? :think I haven't done one in a few years.

My charity weekend project was a bust.

The saltine baby blanket became > the center panel for a rectangular blanket which became > (take your choice) another CHristmas centerpiece, a placemat, or a pet bed for a small animal:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol:lol

I am so done with it!

:rofl :rofl :rofl That's the way it goes sometimes.

I'm off to get boxes and cards for the things that have to go out today. I'll be overnighting the shawl so that Vicki will have it before the funeral. I'm sending my daughter one, too, that I had on hand. Vicki's is dark sage green and my DDs is dark red. Same pattern.

post-9295-135897473925_thumb.jpg

i will have to catch the next one i just seen this post and being tomm is the 17th i dont think ill have naything ready yet

We count everything and even a couple of squares get added in. you still have about 36 hours and we post finals by noon on Wednesday.

Ok... I seem to be having a STUPID day today AAARRRGGGHHH

They have improved paintdot net so of course it doesn't work now. (There is going to be a special place in h*ll for "Improvers" :rofl

I really love my 'coral' lapghan. it is just so fresh and pretty :dreaming.

post-4896-135897473932_thumb.jpg

Then we have the green monster. Here is what I have so far. It is too small as it stands and I don't quite know how to fix that. Well obviously a border effect is called for but I am not sure how I want to do it.

post-4896-135897473946_thumb.jpg

For the life of me... I don't know what I saw in this block pattern. it was annoying to make and not that nice when done :irk The yarn was a mill end that seemed like a great idea when I bought it.

It made a nice gator scarf but it did not improve this pattern.:devil

i thought it might be a good idea to make a :knit Dayflower scarf to begin my hat and scarf stash for next year. Bad, bad idea. i seem to make at least one mistake on every row. Ok give that up and I think I will try hats tomorrow. I need a good outcome soon or it's time to hang up the hooks and needles.

WEll yeah that coral lapghan is a good outcome :wlol

Hanging up my hook for this weekend's charity blast. Didn't get everything done that I wanted to but forgot I was taking the Top Down Sweater class also.

Finished:

1 woolblend scarf

27 granny's daughters

19 6 x 9 rectangles

DECEMBER CHARITY FLURRY DEC 10th - Dec 15th

I'm looking forward to being your host next month. I know the pressure we allow the holidays to impart but I hope to see many of you in just a few weeks. May our "flurries" be colorful, bright and warm; not white, icey and cold. I'll be serving virtual spiced apple cider to start us off and take the chill out of the air. I'm visiting a new tea store on Friday with a friend so maybe I can pickup something to keep us warmed through the weekend. See you soon.

Hanging up my hook for this weekend's charity blast. Didn't get everything done that I wanted to but forgot I was taking the Top Down Sweater class also.

Finished:

1 woolblend scarf

27 granny's daughters

19 6 x 9 rectangles

DECEMBER CHARITY FLURRY DEC 10th - Dec 15th

I'm looking forward to being your host next month. I know the pressure we allow the holidays to impart but I hope to see many of you in just a few weeks. May our "flurries" be colorful, bright and warm; not white, icey and cold. I'll be serving virtual spiced apple cider to start us off and take the chill out of the air. I'm visiting a new tea store on Friday with a friend so maybe I can pickup something to keep us warmed through the weekend. See you soon.

Looks like you got a lot done, Darlene. Thanks for hosting next month. I'll see you then. :manyheart

Thank you all for posting your tallies so far. I will check in later today to get them collected and posted.

My totals...

1 lapghan

4-6" squares and 18 squares joined for lapghan base

1 hat

Everything I have tried since Sunday has been a bust so that is my set for this month.

My goal was four rounds on the giant rectangular granny for the Transition Projects warming center. Last night as the 11:00 news wrapped up, I managed to finish a fifth. Pretty good since it seems to take forever to get around now. I don't even think I am halfway, either.

Also did five yo-yos.

Already looking forward to December. Will I be finished by then? Who knows? There's alway something.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: +14

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Here are the totals I found - let me know if I missed any

Squares and such:

17 yo-yos

19- 6"X9" rectangles

27 granny's daughters

4-6" squares (18 joined for rectangle ?

10 saltines

Wearables:

1 prayer shawl

2 scarves

2 hats

2 baby hats

Ghans

MAM

1 petghan

5 preemie quilts

1 lapghan.

At this point, I don't plan to join in December. That might change but just letting you know

Thanks ladies for all that you did this month. The world is a better place for this effort.

Archived