November Charity blast 12th 17th

darski

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have to finish with work and exercising, then I can settle down this evening and get going. My charity item is a large rectangular granny for a local homeless shelter's warming center. It takes well over two hours to get around now, so I'm setting my sights on at least four rounds by the 17th.

One worrysome thing is that it's supposed to stop raining for just this weekend. I will have to get out and rake and shred all the leaves that have covered my back yard. The oak has finished, but the apple holds on forever. Rain continues on Monday. Oh, a typical November in Portland, Oregon! One storm after another.:2rain That's why we have webbed feet :ducky and a thriving crafting community.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: +12

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Yo Yo’s for Charity

Have to finish with work and exercising, then I can settle down this evening and get going. My charity item is a large rectangular granny for a local homeless shelter's warming center. It takes well over two hours to get around now, so I'm setting my sights on at least four rounds by the 17th.

One worrysome thing is that it's supposed to stop raining for just this weekend. I will have to get out and rake and shred all the leaves that have covered my back yard. The oak has finished, but the apple holds on forever. Rain continues on Monday. Oh, a typical November in Portland, Oregon! One storm after another.:2rain That's why we have webbed feet :ducky and a thriving crafting community.

-Marzee

2009 Stashbusting CAL: WTD: +1/YTD: +12

Dishcloth Tuesdays ~ 2009 CAL

Yo Yo’s for Charity

:rofl :rofl :rofl

I'm working on a prayer shawl for DD's MIL. Her husband went into hospice earlier this week and died today.

Linda, I am so sorry this has happened but he is now out of this veil of tears. :ghug to all the family.

I have all of my (24) centres done - that's the first 2 rounds. it is a good psychological beginning for me. it's nice to just grab a bit and add on ... I am such a nut :wlol

Ok. I have two rows to completed centres,

a 3rd set to the leaves stage, and

a 4th set completed in white to the Continuous join stage.

the lapghan uses 4 rows of 6 squares

I think I will take a pic of my squares to get a straw vote on the joining round I have coral centres, a forest green leaf row and then 2 rows of white.

My current choice is to join with Black - I think it will make the squares pop but I am also considering the coral for the join row or just another row of white. Will post tomorrow if I can get a pic.

I am starting to think that i have Crochet OCD :rofl

I just couldn't sit and listen to PJTV soo... I have another set of 6 squares to the last white round. problem now is I have to go back to the leaves stage for the last 2 sets :sigh

There must be some way to let my fingers be still for a while :think

:(So sorry to hear that Busy Bee. Will keep them in my prayers. :hug to you and the family.

So far I have made 17 yo-yos, 12 saltines and started a scarf for Judy's charity.

:cheer:clap:yay WTG everyone on your accomplishments so far.

I just couldn't sit and listen to PJTV soo... I have another set of 6 squares to the last white round. problem now is I have to go back to the leaves stage for the last 2 sets :sigh

As I've told DH- it's impossible to sit and NOT crochet!:lol

I also have crochet ADD:D

Finally began my saltines (2 round grannies) since I finished my personal thread project last night!

If you figure out how to sit still and not be doing something with your hands please let me know. The only time it happens to me is when I'm super sick or so tired I can't see straight. If I'm sitting I have to be doing. :lol :lol

Just setting up these photos convinced me that I should go with the black borders. the white just really \\pops// next to it.

post-4896-135897473192_thumb.jpg

The coral colour takes on a different tone in the daylight though :think

But it is still looking good so far. :dreaming

post-4896-135897473186_thumb.jpg

Just setting up these photos convinced me that I should go with the black borders. the white just really \\pops// next to it.

[ATTACH]11815[/ATTACH][ATTACH]11816[/ATTACH]

The coral colour takes on a different tone in the daylight though :think

But it is still looking good so far. :dreaming

Those are beautiful, Darski. I agree the black will really make them pop.

The joys of trying to crochet around a kitty who is ecstatic about me spending time with him downstairs. He keeps plunking down on the shawl in my lap and rubbing his head against the hand holding the crochet hook and purring up a storm. Needless to say, my crocheting comes to a screeching halt. :lol :lol :lol It doesn't help to dump him off my lap, because he jumps right back up. Silly kitty.

Linda, that's almost as bad as a large German shepherd inserting his nose under the hand holding the hook and lifting your entire arm away from your work!:lol

LindaT., your family is in my prayers

Everyone is doing a great job, and Darski, I really like your spin on the sunflower pattern! The coral is lovely, and I agree that Black will Pop them nicely!

The flannelghan is done and at the benefit for raffle. You can't tell the colors from the pic (couldn't find camera, so DD took a pic on her cell phone). It is really RHSS Pumpkin and Black.

I call it the "Tanner-ghan", as our mascot is the Tanner, and school colors are Black/orange. It really felt wonderful to give this for such a great cause:c9

post-4747-135897473283_thumb.jpg

The flannelghan is done and at the benefit for raffle. You can't tell the colors from the pic (couldn't find camera, so DD took a pic on her cell phone). It is really RHSS Pumpkin and Black.

I call it the "Tanner-ghan", as our mascot is the Tanner, and school colors are Black/orange. It really felt wonderful to give this for such a great cause:c9

Great job!

Everyone is doing a great job, and Darski, I really like your spin on the sunflower pattern! The coral is lovely, and I agree that Black will Pop them nicely!

It's gorgeous, LeeAnn. Thank you for your prayers.

I have just 3 rows left on the back panel of the prayer shawl. Then the two sides.

I only added a round or two on a granny while at work this week. I did manage to sit down and get two baby hats done. I really didn't feel like going back out in the cold to get my work bag with my H hook in it. :embar

The flannel-ghan is wonderful! thick and soft and warm and perfect!

The coral squares are great! I never have seen that color or pattern before.

I :manyheart that flannleghan. I would have loved to have seen it in person. Using pumpkin rather than gold really gives it an edge :cheer I :manyheart all flannelghans:manyheart:manyheart:manyheart

I have completed my lapghan but I think I will finish with at least one row of white just to "colour it done".

I am now working on an old lapghan from a previous charity blast. I am so not liking this one at all at all.

I'm just a tad embarassed to realize that I can make a lapghan in 3 days. I should be getting more of them done at this rate. However my wrists might have something to say about that.

Darski, I know how that goes when your wrists act up:hug

I was going to make the entire baby ghan out of saltines but I tried a different way of joining them and I'm not kicked about it. So...I'm using what I've done so far and using it as the center of what will end up as a granny blankie.

Things are geting doen - good stuff.

I did make a hat ... just because I had some yarn in my hand and it seemed like a good idea at the time.

I am getting the old lapghan put together but I am not enjoying that one... I think it may be *that* green. I have a real problem with yellow greens... :sigh

the coral one is completely done now - I hope to get a pic tomorrow.

Ten 6x9 rectangles done, small balls sorted for grannies daughters---then decided to do two scarves. Working on a navy blue wool blend and not enough blend, my eyes are swollen, itch and my throat is raw. Can't work on it for more than a half hour or so at a time. Determined to keep plugging along.

Archived