Spray adhesive???

crochetrae

I am wanting to attach snowflakes to a scarf. Because of the multiple points of snowflakes, I'm thinking spray adhesive might be the best way. BUT, I've never used it before. Has anybody used it? Will the scarf be washable? :think Do you have any other suggestions that might be better?

my suggestion is not to use spray adhesive. It may not be washable. some other options would be to use fabric glue like Alene's ok to wash it either that or you could tack the flakes at the points you would pin it out to block it with tiny stitches. that is the most secure way to attach the flake and make sure it is washable.

Well, crumb. I was trying to get out the easy way. Thank you for all your input. I would have surely messed it up. I'll resort to tiny stitches. But I don't need to go all the way down the arm of each point to the center?

you should take a few stitches in the center to hold it in place then put stitches at the tips to hold it at its farthest point. you may want to also tack down picots as well.

Keep in mind that when you wash the finished item, especially by machine, the snowflakes will probably want to scrunch up. If you don't sew them well all the way around, they more than likely need to be blocked.

Sounds like a fun idea. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

I am making a wedding collar from an Annie's Attic magazine. It calls for attaching roses, leaves and another kind of flower using fabric glue. The question is do you use permanent fabric glue or not? In addition to the glue have to sew the items on and considering the design there isn't lots of area to do that. I chose permanent fabric glue. I don't think when I am no longer here that my family will know how to to reattach the flowers to the collar and besides it is a hand wash item only!:yes

Archived