Bobble Diamonds or Diamonds & Pearls Afghans CAL

loopy1

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Carrie, those pics are so funny! :rofl Your cat is adorable!

Long, long ago when I was much younger, I had about 4-5 kittens, 6-8 wks old or so. I had, and still have, a cylindrical crochet/knit project holder which is 14" tall. The lid has a small half-circle cut out so you can pull your yarn through. Left it sitting on the LR floor one night and those kittens managed to get a piece of yarn out of that cut out and that was all they needed. I found it the next morning strung it all around the living room. Around the legs of tables, everywhere! I regret that I didn't take a pic. Guess I was laughing so hard I didn't think of it. Besides I probably didn't have time since I had to clean it up and go to work.

Hi Mindy! Hi Barbara Anne! Thanks for stopping in. And thanks for the compliments. Barbara, the designer's pic is in light sage and it's very pretty, too. But I'm using the Warm Brown in squares I'm doing from the Learn to Knit book by Barbara Walker and thought it would work. Of course, I passed that by DD first.

Ya think the title of this thread is okay? Maybe it needs to be a little bit more catchy. The Lonesome CAL :lol Hmm, maybe I'll change it again.

Jeannie, you are not alone! We are with you in spirit. :lol

Like so many others, I don't have the magazine you are working from. :(

Your project looks great so far. :cheer

Wow, thats a great looking afghan...i followed your link for the corrections, and looks as though I may have missed a really GREAT issue of CW.... :0(

Wish i had the pattern...I would add at least one strip of the pattern to my textured afghan i'm making up. Would make a great centerpiece for my make-up-as-i-go afghan!!

Good luck...you should rename this CAL "The little CAL that could..." :hug

Thanks, Stacy.

The pattern is in the 10/2008 issue of Crochet World.

If you don't have that issue then here's the link to the pic that was in the magazine.

How pretty!! You are doing a fabulous job. I tried to look up the pattern but I haven't found even so much as a picture of it.

I bet CW would send you the issue if you ordered it...:lol

And thank you Shelley. I know I'm not alone. Just being silly. :sofunny:sofunny

I believe that CW is not a particularly popular magazine with members of the Ville plus folks are busy with other projects. It is kind of late to start something when most of us already have tons of WIPs...me included!! :eek

And thank you for the compliment. Got a ways to go and didn't work on it yesterday. Got my goal written out for so many rows per day and I think I'm keeping up with it. Some days I do more than a day's worth.

Jeannie, you are not alone! We are with you in spirit. :lol

Like so many others, I don't have the magazine you are working from. :(

Your project looks great so far. :cheer

Thanks, Cheeria!

You guys are all so great! Appreciate the cheers!

Will post progress pics as soon as I make enough progress. :crocheting

Wow What a beutiful afghan, you are doing great. Love it. I'll be here cheering you on. :cheer:cheer

Crissie, thanks for stopping in! As I told Shelley, I bet CW would send you the issue if you ordered it. :lol

You know, I wonder how it would look made with a sport weight or even #3 or #5 thread for a table runner. Probably too bumpy though.

Like your suggestion for the name of the CAL :lol but don't want to make it too long. Still, I might think about it. :think

Wow, thats a great looking afghan...i followed your link for the corrections, and looks as though I may have missed a really GREAT issue of CW.... :0(

Wish i had the pattern...I would add at least one strip of the pattern to my textured afghan i'm making up. Would make a great centerpiece for my make-up-as-i-go afghan!!

Good luck...you should rename this CAL "The little CAL that could..." :hug

Hay im working on something close to that(i checked the book yours is in and when i looked i saw that its close)...mine is in panels though....its done with sc and tc.I would be happy to join you if you don't mind that its panels??The one im doing is called Diamonds & Pearls and its from Red Heart Afghans & Crochet Classics.

Here is a photo of one panel of mine!!

post-3370-135897460021_thumb.jpg

post-3370-135897460025_thumb.jpg

Hay im working on something close to that(i checked the book yours is in and when i looked i saw that its close)...mine is in panels though....its done with sc and tc.I would be happy to join you if you don't mind that its panels??The one im doing is called Diamonds & Pearls and its from Red Heart Afghans & Crochet Classics.

Wow that is really pretty.

Just popped in to see how things were going and to say Hello.

:lurk... just peeking in to see how it's going...

Shaylen - you are doing a beautiful job on your 'ghan. I was looking for a pattern for one of my WIP's today, and found the pattern that you are making... if I can't find the pattern I need, I might just :frog what I have, and make one like yours hmmmm.... decisions, decisions:devil:lol

Thank you everyone!!

LeaAnn

You should go for it,its a fun pattern and quick & easy...im on panel 3 already..its fun watching it come together.As for the decisions...i go through that all the time :lol it took me 3 months to decide to do this one :eek

Hi Ladies! I see we have some new posts. Sorry I haven't been on here but I'm here for now! :lol

I'm somewhere in the 50s rows on the ghan. Will get pics eventually.

Now to read the posts.

:hug

Thanks, LeaAnne. Do you have the magazine? If not, I don't think you can figure it out from the corrections. Although, with the pictures AND the corrections you probably could. :scrachin

That is one pretty 'ghan!

...I wonder if I can figure it out from the corrections... :scrachin

anyhoo... you are doing a beautiful job, and I love that warm brown!

Shaylen, your work is gorgeous and I like your color choice! Of course, you can join me! :clap:clap:clap:cheer:cheer:cheer How far along is yours.

It does look the same except I think you have more sc in between the diamonds. This one has just 3 sc. Also, the half diamonds (that's what I call them) are only on each side, although it looks like you'll have whole diamonds when you put your panels together. The Bobble Diamonds uses only sc and tr as well.

:lol As I've been working on the ghan, I've wished it could be done in panels!!! A whole ghan can be difficult to handle...but warm now that the weather is turning cooler.

So, you have the magazine? I'm not sure I remember correctly but I think Tammy (wiz3283) is the only other one who said she has it and has made the afghan. Thanks again to Tammy for the link to the corrections.

Making a note of that Red Heart book in my list of books I want to check out. Maybe my library has it and I can make another one in panels!!

Shaylen, just look at your pics again and your diamonds are bigger. The Bobble Diamonds has 7 tr at the widest point in the diamonds.

Tammy, Hello! Thanks for popping in. It's nice to see ya. :yes

Wow that is really pretty.

Just popped in to see how things were going and to say Hello.

Archived