Bobble Diamonds or Diamonds & Pearls Afghans CAL

loopy1

RESURRECTING THIS CAL

Anyone wanna join me in making the afghan on page 24 in the 10/08 issue of "Crochet World"? Here's the link to the picture (made in light sage) that was in the magazine.

I made one of these for my daughter in Warm Brown and when her 9yo son saw it, he wanted one in Spring Green. Not sure I like the color...it looks kinda pukey to me. Just hope he still likes it when I finish. Took me a looong time to finish his mom's AND mail it to her. Anyway, almost through with one skein of Spring Green and then I'll post a pic.

Pic of my daughter's ghan here.

Shaylen joined in when I first started this CAL and was working on a similar afghan called Diamonds and Pearls (a Red Heart pattern)...Pics of Shaylen's Diamonds and Pearls. This pattern is in Red Heart Afghans & Crochet Classics.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks everyone for dropping in. You made me smile :D.

Don't see any reason why this CAL can't still be open after the holidays. The afghan is a Christmas gift for DD but I may not make it in time. So much to do!

If anyone does take up this project there is a correction on Row 6. If you were a subscriber in 10/08, hopefully you received the correction in the mail. Don't know how the magazine handles these things. I contacted the magazine so maybe that's why I got it in the mail. Plus I contacted the designer, Patsy Harbor, via her blog. If you're interested, just Google Patsy Harbor. Should be the first hit that comes up.

Thanks again for popping in even to say :hi. C'ville has the best, the most fantastic people!!! :yes

:hug

Thanks, Tammy. I fell in love with it when I first saw it but it took me a long time to get working on it :lol. It's my DD's Christmas present for her queen size bed. I had to add 2 more diamonds to make it wide enough.

Thanks for the link to the site. I did get the correction for Row 6. But when I went to the link I wonder if there are more corrections since it lists Rows 32-195. Are there any other corrections?

When I stopped working on it tonight, I had finished the row that completes every other diamond (the 1st repeat of row 8, I believe). Then I got confused with the instructions cause it looks like the next bobble row is the repeat of row 8 which doesn't seem right to me. Not sure if I'm remembering correctly cause my book and everything is downstairs and I'm tired. I'll check in the morning and will post again if it doesn't become clear to me.

Thanks again!

Hi!!! Just wanted to let you know I made this last year for a friend and she loved it. Oh by the way there are corrections for that patten. You can find them here. http://www.crochet-world.com/revisions.php?issue_date=2008-10-01#correction0

Hope that helps. Have fun. Its a beautiful afghan.

:hi Linda! Thanks for stopping in.
Just stopping in to say Hi. :hi Good luck with the afghan. I don't have that issue and have way too much on my plate at the moment to join.

Here's a pic of it so far...about 34 rows (not keeping close count. Not necessary with this pattern.)

post-7514-135897458824_thumb.jpg

The wide pic of it made it look puffed up in between the diamonds and it isn't. The part of it at the back of the pic is more what it looks like.

Thank you, Norma, and thanks for stopping by.

This is the One Member CAL. :rofl But that's okay.

Jeannie, it's really pretty - love the pattern & color.

Archived