Fastest shipping?

I've had the best luck with CraftsEtc.com, elann.com, and ParadiseFibers.com. The last two use Priority Mail, don't overcharge on the handling, and I get it within 3 or 4 days. CraftsEtc. uses UPS and may take a few days longer but it's usually free shipping from them. I think it kinda depends on where you live in comparison to where they are shipping from, however, Paradise Fibers is all the way in CA and Elann is in WA state so both come clear across the country to me and they're still the fastest.

Knitting Warehouse. Have placed orders on Sunday and received them on Wednesday a couple of times. Shipping is very reasonable compared to some of the others. Joanne's is kind of iffy, as is Herrschners. Have received orders in a few days from them but once have also had to wait 3-4 weeks and the items were not backordered (both places.)

1-2-3 Stitch also ships very quickly. Haven't ordered from Crafts Etc yet but hear only good things about them.

I'll tell ya who is not fast and that is Annie's Attic. I'm still waiting for an order I placed 8-8. :think On 8-26, they emailed that it had shipped, so hopefully I'll have it in another week or two. At least it wasn't anything I needed desperately. :hook

Thank-you ladies! I went with Knitting Warehouse because they had the yarn I needed and I have dealt with them before. This was sock yarn for the Crochetville class! Nothing like waiting until the last minute !

Knitpicks is also very good and fast. I've ordered on a Saturday and received their goods on Tuesday. I just love this company.

:manyheart

Knitting Warehouse. Have placed orders on Sunday and received them on Wednesday a couple of times. Shipping is very reasonable compared to some of the others. Joanne's is kind of iffy, as is Herrschners. Have received orders in a few days from them but once have also had to wait 3-4 weeks and the items were not backordered (both places.)

1-2-3 Stitch also ships very quickly. Haven't ordered from Crafts Etc yet but hear only good things about them.

I'll tell ya who is not fast and that is Annie's Attic. I'm still waiting for an order I placed 8-8. :think On 8-26, they emailed that it had shipped, so hopefully I'll have it in another week or two. At least it wasn't anything I needed desperately. :hook

I have to 2nd all of this. I have ordered from knitting warehouse many times and the shipping has been 2 or 3 days...I know I can count on them

I would not order from Annies Attic again since I had a similar experience as Katie!

Knitpicks is also very good and fast. I've ordered on a Saturday and received their goods on Tuesday. I just love this company.

:manyheart

I totally agree with this! I love Knitpicks. Plus, they have great customer service.

I agree about Knitting Warehouse. They have a nice selection and your order arrives in no time.

I also agree that you could die of old age waiting for an Annie's Attic order to show up. Ditto for Joann.com. I have to say, though, I really like Annie's Attic's downloadable patterns. Those are available to you almost immediately.

I also agree that you could die of old age waiting for an Annie's Attic order to show up.

LOL! That struck me as funny! :lol They've done it to me too. Even when they just had that big pattern sale I resisted. Figured I'd save myself the frustration.

I WISH I could get orders from Knit Picks in 4 days! :manyheart their stuff (not their broken needles, boo!) but I placed an order on 8/2 and I still don't have it. :( Yet I'm willing to go through the frustration with them because their prices are so good and CS is great when you do have a problem.

I have to 2nd all of this. I have ordered from knitting warehouse many times and the shipping has been 2 or 3 days...I know I can count on them

I would not order from Annies Attic again since I had a similar experience at Katie!

:woo:woo:woo

Got my AA order today!!! Yippee...5 books including Savannah Slippers and 101 Granny Squares for less than 20 bucks. I'll probably order from them again when they're having a big sale like this one, but otherwise,:shrug probably not.

Like I said, Annie's Attic isn't bad for those downloadable patterns. When I ordered one, they sent me an email pretty quickly, directing me to a place on their site where I could retrieve the pattern.

just another site with good shipping... http://www.elmore-pisgah.com lots of threads, cotton yarn (peaches and creme), and cones of the finer weight fibers...I've had 2-3 day turn around from them too! the shipping is a bit steep, but for fibres that work nicely on an E hook, on a cone...it's worth it. :)

Archived