Thank You Lion Brand CAL

darski

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Oh did anyone see the magnolia afghan on the free patterns, it is done in homespun... It is sooo pretty. :bang why did I look :bang Why did I look. And I have tons of homespun as I love that yarn. :bang Why did I look. Hubby is going to kill me, I still have four going on right now. I don't have that size Jimbo hook though. Hmmm don't need to buy the yarn or the pattern, :idea Oh Jimmy darling... I need a new hook!

I am adding another pattern to my list. I started on the market bag last night, and it is going pretty fast. I have the body of the bag finished and one handle. I am starting on the second handle, then will be finished and will take a pic. I think I will be doing more of these, they work up so fast!!

I had the urge to use some Lion brand yarn so I just started a handbag in some Lion Brand Incredible Ribbon, Autumn Leaves too. I am not sure I have enough so I am breaking it up with another yarn as well.

I am not using a pattern though.

Oh did anyone see the magnolia afghan on the free patterns, it is done in homespun... It is sooo pretty. :bang why did I look :bang Why did I look. And I have tons of homespun as I love that yarn. :bang Why did I look. Hubby is going to kill me, I still have four going on right now. I don't have that size Jimbo hook though. Hmmm don't need to buy the yarn or the pattern, :idea Oh Jimmy darling... I need a new hook!

Boy oh boy... do I know this one. :rofl

Here's hoping you get that new :hook

I have to go check that pattern... I might be switching projects :blush

OHHHHHHH BOY!!!!!!!!!! My printer hates me, but is plugging along, and with my hands working now, I just have to jump in on this. I love the Magnolia afghan, and the Think Mink wrap, and..........well, you all understand. I have a gorgeous wrap and matching bag that I made as a model garment when I worked at Hancock Fabrics, made from Lion Brand Moonlight Mohair. I will get one of the grandkids to help me post pics.I sure am glad I can crochet better than I can figure out this computer stuff!!

:welcome aboard grandmalolly, I have to admit that I only got into this because my son is a computer geek and it was too embarrassing for him to have a technopeasant for a mom. He just kept pushing me until I got it.

Then I got dangerous > :rofl

I am still going slowly on my sweater back :sigh I did make a slight change so that I do a DC row for every 4th row in the pattern. SC is just too slow and too deadly.

I will be joining this one eventually! I need to make some shorties or longies for my daughter who is in cloth diapers. I have the fishermans wool and pattern. I just need to get a few things done/worked on before starting on them.

HMM, Waiting to win the auction that Jimbo has going on, then I will have the hook size I need to complete the magnolia ghan. Hey Grandmalolly, I see you like that one as well. Have you started on it yet?

No, I'm still thinking about what I want to do! I really want to make something kind of quick, because I haven't been able to crochet for so long, and I want to finish something!:lol

Actually I am working on 2 scarves with the Lion Brand Incredible Ribbon Yarn in the Autumn Leaves color. One is the ladder stitch scarf that I am :knit and the other scarf I am :crocheting using the pattern from the ball band. It is very pretty. I just love that color. I got my Lion Brand Incredible Ribbon Yarn at Big Lots $1.50 a ball!!

My ladder stitch scarf is from the DVD I Can't Believe I'm Knitting.

Well, I won Jimbo's auction. Hey for me.... I kind of went over board. I think I need to get one of them gauges and go through all my Jimbo hooks and find out just which ones I have now and then tag them. I think my next much needed project will be a hook bag with sizes attached.

WTG Ladykats. Should lead to some great crocheting. :wlol

I am still working a few rows at a time. Adding in a row of dc after 3 of sc helps. but it is still slow for me.

I think I will make it may change up for tomorrow

Can i join it to??

I just started a Soft Wave Ripple using Vanna's Choice yarn....this is the first time have used it and I have to say that i love this yarn...it is a little thicker and soft(so soft)I may start using it all the time.I was making one out of Red Heart and the yarn was driving me crazy...to thick,to thin,knots in the middle,to stiff,to splitting....I don't know what is going on with their yarn :think Packed it away and went looking for better yarn and found Vanna's.

You are more than welcome. :ghug

I plan to put in more time on my LB project tomorrow - when i am not making slippers. I do a couple of rows a day and eventually it will be done :wlol

I am changing the pattern I am using...I did not like the way the 5 1/2 hour throw was going. I think the yarn is beautiful, but that was not the right pattern for it. The yarn is Lion brand Jiffy (Denver), so while I am searching for another pattern for this yarn, I have started another project that is working out wonderfully. I am using Lion boucle (color violets) and Lion brand trellis (color ocean) and size 15 knitting needles to make the Elegant Neckwarmer

Well I have tons of homespun in like 22 or 23 different colors. I have to check to see which I have the most of.. I was thinking to maybe use two or three different colors, Like a pink/white for the flower motif, trim in a dark green and then maybe the body in midnight blue. I have variegated homespun as well. Tonight if I have the strength, I will climb the stair to the other yarn room and check my supplies.

Well I have tons of homespun in like 22 or 23 different colors. I have to check to see which I have the most of.. I was thinking to maybe use two or three different colors, Like a pink/white for the flower motif, trim in a dark green and then maybe the body in midnight blue. I have variegated homespun as well. Tonight if I have the strength, I will climb the stair to the other yarn room and check my supplies.

I think that would be very pretty,i don't think ive ever seen one done in different colors and the colors you are talking about would look great.

• 2 weeks later...

I am still struggling with the sc sweater (to which I have added some rows of dc :angel) so I have started making squares for the babyghan just to be making progress.. I am looking forward to seeing this made now. It will make a great donation to our local pregnancy support centre (Elisha House) :dreaming

I find myself working with a lot of sport yarn lately. It is a challenge but I do like the more delicate look it gives. ah well... we do what we can to bring beauty to our world.

I need to get Kim's shawl thingy done for the shawl swap, and then I will have some time to work on this. Still need to get into my other yarn room, but my nephew came to visit and he is sharing that room with my yarn :rofl

Archived