Thank You Lion Brand CAL

darski

Looks like I'm not the only one who loves Homespun. :D

I've never used Vanna's yarn. How would you describe it? Light, heavy? Soft? does it work up pretty quickly? Is it good for all sorts of project, or do you like it mainly for one type of thing? I know it isn't as thick as Homespun, but opther than that, I don't know much about it.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Looks like I'm not the only one who loves Homespun. :D.

i use Homespun every now and then and do love it, but, it is nothing like real homespun. i haven't tried Vanna's Choice yet and won't for at least a month. Lion Brand yarns have been there when i need a yarn quick as finding any of the other brands of nicer yarn can be difficult. :c9

:hug

i use Homespun every now and then and do love it, but, it is nothing like real homespun. i haven't tried Vanna's Choice yet and won't for at least a month. Lion Brand yarns have been there when i need a yarn quick as finding any of the other brands of nicer yarn can be difficult. :c9

:hug

I'm a beginner crocheter using Homespun for the first time that I got at Michael's Craft store. What is the difference between that and the "real" kind?? :think I love the feel of it but because it's multi-color... it's a little difficult to see but I'm getting there...I'm not working on it as much as I should... between working M-F 9-5 driving 1 hour and 10 minutes going and coming I'm exhausted. :tired The weekends I'm stuck doing home chores :irk...but there are those times where I'm in the mood to crochet and nothing can stop me!:2nono LOL!:lol

i m working on hat from lion brand. http://www.crochetville.org/forum/showthread.php?t=105542 i don't get yarn here so using whatever i have. could not get the required gauge with the yarn and needle i have, so i m making some changes to make it. hope i'll do it fine.

I made that for my Granddaughter last winter and she wants another one!!!

Opps!!!!I meant to add my photos in the last post :blush

This is what I have done so far,I'm doing the Stratford circle Afghan with homespun i have around the house...im going to just keep going till these 4 colors are gone :yes so not sure how big it will get since i have quite abit,right now its at 35".Im also only using a J hook instead of the N becouse i want a tighter stitch.Its going really fast and DH loves it.It going to make a great sit around the house this winter blanket.

post-3370-135897457179_thumb.jpg

Wow! That is gorgeous. :clap

Opps!!!!I meant to add my photos in the last post :blush

This is what I have done so far,I'm doing the Stratford circle Afghan with homespun i have around the house...im going to just keep going till these 4 colors are gone :yes so not sure how big it will get since i have quite abit,right now its at 35".Im also only using a J hook instead of the N becouse i want a tighter stitch.Its going really fast and DH loves it.It going to make a great sit around the house this winter blanket.

Great job Shaylen - that even looks warm

and :welcome aboard Amanda.

I'm going to finish my baby set this weekend most likely. I made a bad choice of pattern but I just have to get 'er done. :wlol

Funny thing is that I could have finished 3 shawls from LB patterns in this time :rofl

Here is sandi's instructions for joining with a slip stitch. Her site is a good one to bookmark as she has good stuff there.

http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/joining_squares2.htm

There is also a way of doing this so that you start by working across two rows to begin. Then you add in each horizontal row.

when they are all done you just work your way down all the columns. it really is not hard to do... just takes concentration to 'get it'.

I have a couple of pics that show it. I wish I could find the site where I learned this but it is gone :sigh

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/lenedar/joining/

Thank you so much! Joining all the squares will be my weekend project. Then, (and I seriously think I'm losing it!) I'll be making 2 baby blankets, also from Lion Brand. :eek

Here is sandi's instructions for joining with a slip stitch. Her site is a good one to bookmark as she has good stuff there.

http://www.crochetcabana.com/tutorials/joining_squares2.htm

There is also a way of doing this so that you start by working across two rows to begin. Then you add in each horizontal row.

when they are all done you just work your way down all the columns. it really is not hard to do... just takes concentration to 'get it'.

I have a couple of pics that show it. I wish I could find the site where I learned this but it is gone :sigh

http://s18.photobucket.com/albums/b121/lenedar/joining/

I finally got an answer from my mother about her Lacy Winter Afghan. :rolleyes

I am going to work on it later this week once I get my coughs in control.

I am still worried that I have enough yarn for a longer afghan. I told her that I will do the body until I reach the ideal size as the pattern suggested. Then we will see if we have enough yarn to do 1-2 more repeats, and top border.

Is Lion Brand Wool - Ease Quick & Thick no dyelot ? (I doubt it)

I just heard of a new lion brand yarn called home town. It's a super bulky yarn. It was listed at like 3 something a skein, I think I will go look for some tomarro for my next scarf. Still plugging away at the homespun scarf in berry. I hope my sister likes it, it's pretty wide.

Hoping i can join in on this CAL?

I started work on the hooded baby blanket last April and put it down when the weather started getting hot. I'm picking it back up to finish in time for a friend's baby shower :)

Here's a picture of the hat I finished tonight. I changed my mind on the yarn and went with wool-ease instead. It's for my sister and I'm afarid of what she might do to anything that's totally wool.;)

DSCF0111.jpg

It's based from this pattern

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/BK4K-0612011.html?noImages=0

And done with wool-ease in Fisherman, Denim, and Chesnut Heather.

Started my next hat tonight too. It will be based again off this pattern but most likely done in with Lambs Pride. I just finished another hat in the Lambs Pride the other day and it worked up so beautifully I think I'm in :manyheart

darski~I'm living by your hat motto in your siggy right now, LOL!

Archived