My Kitchen Set

RecycleCindy

Here is a kitchen ensemble set I finished for an upcoming house warming gift. There are several dishcloths, a potholder, and one of my scrubbies I make with recycled lettuce netting. All the free patterns links and details can be found at my blog post about this set here if anyone wants to crochet any of these items.

post-10977-135897434668_thumb.jpg

That's a great set, Cindy, and a wonderful idea for a house/apartment warming! I love the idea of incorporating the lettuce-netting into your scrubber. Our lettuce is bagged, but perhaps I can scour our produce section and see if I can find something similar. Thank you for so generously sharing your patterns! :hug

Very nice. Thanks for sharing! I have never heard of lettuce coming in netting. I have only seen it in plastic. Is it like the netting that onions come in?

Our local grocery store puts the leaf lettuce in these green and sometimes white plastic nets. It's pretty soft and you can crochet with it almost like with plastic bag yarn or plarn. Here is a little tutorial I have on how to do it. You can also use the netting from onions, grapefruits, hams, etc. I have found that using the finer, softer netting works the best but anything works and makes it makes for a great scrubber.

What a great idea and pattern !!!!

I can't wait to go to the grocery store (that's a first for me) to get some produce in mesh.

Thanks for sharing!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived