Casual Fridays - 18" doll

darski

Casual Fridays – 18” doll :pinterest

post-4896-13589742732_thumb.jpg

This outfit was inspired by the Phentex yarn that was available in the mid 70’s :wlol.

It may be old but it makes for great blue jeans.

You will need:

Denim style yarn WW lite (about a 3.5 wt rather than a full 4)

WW lite yarn for sweater- your choice of colour.

5mm and 4mm hooks

An elastic waistband made of ¼ in elastic. I make a finished circle that is about 8” around. I just tie them on the waist but the size would help if you don’t have a doll around to work from.

The pattern is really about the jeans and sweater so the blue jeans vest is a bonus of sorts :wlol

The jeans…

post-4896-135897427324_thumb.jpg

With denim style yarn and 5mm hook

Legs – make 2 and do not break off after 2nd leg. All rounds are joined

Ch 18 and join to form ring…

Row 1-2: dc evenly around

Row 3: dc to last, 2dc in last

Row 4: dc evenly

Row 5: 2dc in first, dc to end.

Row 6: dc evenly.

Repeat rows 3 – 6 once. After row 10 start Torso rows

Your Torso rows begin and end at Centre Front.

T Row 1: Align the two legs and join with 6 sc, ch 1. Begin working in dc around the leg sections, Put the first dc in the same stitch as the sc join.

It might be helpful here to go to the back to Mark out your increase stitches. Put markers in the stitches that are 5 from the Centre Back join on each side.

Dc to your first marker… work [2dc, 1dc, 2dc, 1dc, 2dc] over the five stitches, work 3 TR into the CB join, work [ ] again then continue in dc to beginning of row being sure to put stitch in sc-joined stitch on this side, join.

Row T2-T4: work evenly in dc.

Row T5: work evenly in dc

Row T6: work dc but work 1 decrease on each side of back (2 decreases).

Row T7: work a row of sc around an elastic waistband. Join. Break off and tidy all ends.

Sew a button at Centre Front … just for fun.

The pocket… ch 6

post-4896-135897427326_thumb.jpg

Sc in 2nd ch from hook and in ea ch across. (5cs)

Work evenly in sc for 4rows. Break off and tidy all ends.

With PINK…Work a design on the pocket centre (I did a couple of lazy daisy sts) then take yarn to edge and stitch pocket to pants with a visible running stitch. Break off and tidy all ends.

The sweater…

post-4896-135897427328_thumb.jpg

Please note that I did a random series of Cross Trebles in conjunction with the FPdc stitches to give a cable effect. I am not going to give instructions for each and every row. Just work the crosses as suits you best. Just know that you will be doing FPdc or BPdc on all rows once they start.

There is one set (of 2) cables on each back part and the front has one set of 2 cables and a set of 3 cables.

You can also just skip the post stitches altogether. It will still be a pretty sweater.

When you see *2dc in next 2* that is an increase to create sleeve stitches. They should always line up to do that.

Begin at neck edge

With 4mm hook and WW lite yarn…

Ch 26

Row 1: hdc in 2nd ch from hook and in ea ch across (25 hdc)

Row 2:2sc in beg hdc, sc in ea hdc to end. (26 sc)

Row 3: hdc in first sc, 2 FPhdc in ea st to last, hdc in last, (50 hdc)

Row 4:dc in 7, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 7, 2dc in next 2, dc in 14, 2dc in next 2, dc in 7, 2dc in next 2, dc in 7. (58 dc)

Please note that Row 5 sets the Post stitches. This is the place to make your own choices for front and back or to ignore them completely.

Row 5: dc in 2, FPdc in next, dc in 1, FPdc in next, dc in 3, 2dc in next 2, dc in 9, 2dc in next 2, dc in 3, FPdc, dc in 1, FPdc in next, dc in 2, [FPdc, dc in next] 3 times, dc in 2, 2 dc in next 2, dc in 9, 2dc in next 2, dc in 3, FPdc, dc in 1, FPdc, dc in last 2. (66 dc)

Row 6-7: Remember to work FP/ BPdc as needed and make any crosses you wish for this row and all rows until you get to the bottom ribbing..

…DC/ Post dc across working sleeve increases as you come to them.

Row 8: dc in 12, skip sleeves stitches, dc across front, skip sleeve sts, dc in 12

Row 9 -13 Work DC and post stitches evenly around. Finish all cable crosses by row 13.

Row 14-15: Dc evenly across.

Row 16: hdc in 1, FPtr in next across. Break off and tidy all ends.

Make 2 twisted cords with the same yarn and thread it through the dc on row 14 from the back to Centre Front and tie a bow at CF

Add button loops and buttons to back… or use whatever closure you like.

post-4896-135897427331_thumb.jpg

Sleeves: join yarn in armpit area and work in dc for as many rows as you like. I did 8 rows but I am not sure I like them that long. I cannot abide wearing sleeves that cover my hands at all so that is a personal prejudice :rofl

The Vest begins at neck edge…

post-4896-135897427334_thumb.jpg

With 5 mm hook and ‘denim’ yarn

Ch 31

Row 1, hdc in 2nd ch from hook, hdc in 4, ch 2, hdc in 5, ch 2, hdc in 10, ch2, hdc in 5, ch2, hdc in 5.

Row 2: sc in 5, [sc, ch2, sc] in ch 2 sp, sc in 5, [sc, ch2, sc] in ch 2 sp,, sc in 10. [sc, ch2, sc] in ch 2 sp,, sc in 5, [sc, ch2, sc] in ch 2 sp, sc in 5.

Row 3-4: hdc in every sc and [hdc, ch2, hdc] in each ch 2 sp.

Row 5: dc in every hdc and 2dc in every ch 2 sp.

Row 6-7-8: hdc in 10 ch 1 and turn. work 2 more rows of hdc over these 10 sts.

. Break off and join yarn in back section. Work 3 rows of hdc across back sts.

.Break off and join yarn in next front section (at sleeve side) and work 3 rows of hdc. Do not break off – you should be at the front edge of vest.

Row 9: work hdc across front and back sections to join.

Row 10-11: hdc evenly. Break off and tidy all ends.

You can trim this any way that suits you. I think this is a great “blank canvas” for your creativity.

Copyright: Darlene Cutler - 2009

I do not have a problem with people/groups using my patterns to make a little extra money by physically making them and selling the items they make.

However, I do not permit the selling of my patterns for money. I have once given permission for a booklet to be made of them for a charitable sale and I may do so again *if I am asked* and if it is for a church, charity or school type group. But first you have to ask.

Furthermore, If you choose to use my patterns as a money maker, I do not permit my images to be used for any advertizing of your work. You must make your own item and photograph that. These images are as much a part of my Web image as a designer as the patterns are and I reserve that use to myself alone.

post-4896-135897427315_thumb.jpg

If my new-grandbaby-on-the-way is a girl, she's gonna have a lot of dolls - with their clothing designed by you <grin>. I think I'm gonna have to go through my dolls folder and make a subfolder 'darski'. Thanks for all the great ones.

Katy... I saw your note in your pattern post. Congratulations. You should have lots of time to get some done before they are needed by your little one. BTW, I want to try your pattern soon as well. :hug

Thank you all for your kind words. It is a relief to get this posted finally... it's been ages since I made it.

• 8 months later...
can you tell me what FPsc ,FPdc cross treble mean and how to do these/ thanks Donna

The FP stitches are Post stitches. check out this You Tube vid to see how they are done.

If you check on the right side menu you should also see a cross over stitch.

Are you new to crochet?

• 7 years later...

Archived