Dolly's Doily into yarn???

I found this while checking Rachel's finds for us this week.

Dolly's Doily

Most of you know by now (as I do go on and on :wlol ) that I can't use fine threads or even fine yarns. I absolutely love this doily but I can't figure out what I would do with it made in yarn.

The ruffles are too much for a baby doilyghan... or are they :?

I am at a loss as to what I could do with it but I really, really want to make it. any bright ideas :?

I saw this style as a large sunflower once ... but I can't figure out how to use that one either :rofl

make the center larger and the ruffle shorter, perhaps?

that might work, It is more a technique than a pattern really. I do like it lots :dreaming

I think this a gorgeous doily. I have printed the pattern before, but never made it. I will have to make it. It is so pretty. My grandmother many, many years ago made the grape doily with rug yarn. It is big. I put mine on my dining room table with a plant in the center.

I made this doily pattern and posted a picture of it. I have a medium size lamp in the center of mine. I made mine with yarn. It's really pretty when done.

I think your post is how I found the pattern, to be able to add the link to CPC. Thanks!!!

Do you have a small round table? My MIL has a small one with a lamp on it and I am thinking if you made this with yarn it would be a perfect little table cover. :manyheart

I do think it would be too ruffly for a baby-ghan, though.

The only small table I have is square and it is very tippy. It has a single pedestal with 3 feet... not terribly safe.

I considered a small round table but I think the "skirt" would be too full. I wonder how big it would get in WW yarn :think:?

Archived