What's the difference . . .

Just speaking for myself I would say that Aggie Mays is WAY easier! The first one I ever made I used the Sew on Fire patten and had to keep count on every row. With Aggies Mays after you have the pattern established you can just go to town and check every so often to make sure you're on track! Like I said tho, just my opinion!

I have to agree with Deb on this one. I tried crocheting several round ripples, but Aggie Mays was the one that I caught on to and was able to stay laying flat and it just worked up easy

Sorry I can't help, because I never used sew on fires pattern, I only used Aggie Mays, I can say though I LOVE Aggie Mays pattern, it is WRITTEN so clearly that I can even do it in my fogged Lupus brain, she is so kind to have written it and so kind to share it with us I just LOVE her pattern, I honeslty wouldnt even TRY another after hers!!

JoBug

:cheer:cheer:cheer

Here is is from the "Horses mouth"

There is no difference other than the start but it is worded in a simpler way for easy understanding.

On my version, there are fewer rows to get started but the principal is the same for any RR.

You need peaks and valleys in the right place and the correct ratio of stitches on each row to keep the RR sitting flat.

:cheerWith any RR pattern, once you get going, you should not even need to read the pattern because every row is the same, just with more stitches except when you do the row with the V Stitch instead of the Shell.

:cheerIt is obvious that the RR is an easy pattern to do because of all the people here who have now done several after thinking they could not possibly work it out.

Please feel free to use whichever pattern you like best because it is the finished article that matters not the pattern you use to get there.

I also have about 3 or 4 other start ideas if you want to give them a go to create a slightly different centre look.

:cheerWhatever pattern you choose, enjoy the journey and the destination.

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

:cheerNo controversy at all because I often say that there is no difference except how the patterns are worded.

:cheerI think it is a great discussion.:cheer

Keep doing the one you like yourself because, after all, the idea is to keep people making RRs so they can take over the world not to worry about which is best, worst or indifferent.

:cheerThey are all fabulous!!!!:cheer

Have fun.

Colleen:hug

PS, I hope I did not come across as cranky about your comments, if I did it is probably because I am freezing and need a nice warm shower to get my day going. It is 10.08am Tuesday 14th July here on a freezing winters day.:hug

Archived