My first trip to a....

YARN SHOP!! I went yesterday to a LYS that's about a half hour from where I live and it was amazing. I have never been to a yarn shop before. I've just always got my yarn from JoAnn's, Michael's, or Hobby Lobby since I live only five to ten minutes away from all those places. That or either a yard sale. However, I think I'll have to make more trips out there.

I'm so excited and I also got one thing off my list of things to do as a crocheter. *I'm still kind of new*

Thanks for reading,

Sam :hook

I love my local yarn shops (those being within an hour or so of me). We have several, so I am very lucky. I like going there depending on what the project is. Plus, it is nice just to go and pet all of the pretty yarn.

I am glad you enjoyed going to your LYS.

Oh, how fun for you. The only place for me to get my yarn is Wally World and online unless I want to drive an hour or more. However, if I need a visual fix, there is a quilt shop within 15 minutes of me in an old jail that still has the bar door and the old HUGE keys in it. :hook

Oh, how fun for you. The only place for me to get my yarn is Wally World and online unless I want to drive an hour or more. However, if I need a visual fix, there is a quilt shop within 15 minutes of me in an old jail that still has the bar door and the old HUGE keys in it. :hook

Oh heaven!! :c9 I wouldn't mind being lock up there. :rofl

:mug:cat:yarn

I've never been to one either! I've been to places like Hobby Lobby and A.C. Moore and Michael's, but I've never been to a store that just sold yarn and knitting/crochet supplies.

I do know that if I were ever to be lucky enough to win a large amount of money in a lottery, I would definitely open a yarn store and I would cater to crochet! That's my dream!

Good for you!! WHen I was on vacation two years ago, in the Amana Colonies hee in Iowa, the Amish counry, they had a little yarn shop, BUT, I bout had a heart attack at the price, oh yes, the yarns were simply yummy, but I coundt afford but maybe one skeiin, and what fun is that..lol...BUT it is so nice to see and get to "pet" the yarns isnt it?? Now I am stuck with walmart and hobbby lobby, which I MIGHT add they have DRASTICALLY redused their yarn selection here in my town.......hummmm[ppppppppppp

Good for you!! WHen I was on vacation two years ago, in the Amana Colonies hee in Iowa, the Amish counry, they had a little yarn shop, BUT, I bout had a heart attack at the price, oh yes, the yarns were simply yummy, but I coundt afford but maybe one skeiin, and what fun is that..lol...BUT it is so nice to see and get to "pet" the yarns isnt it?? Now I am stuck with walmart and hobbby lobby, which I MIGHT add they have DRASTICALLY redused their yarn selection here in my town.......hummmm[ppppppppppp

The the walmart here is the same as yours. I did find a small lys in my little town that I never knew about until a few weeks ago. She doesn't stock much but will order whatever you need. Her prices seem pretty reasonable too. Even better, her store is part of a used bookstore!

I wish there was a nice yarn shop in town. I would love to go and spend time browsing, dreaming, relaxing amongst all that lovely yarn I have seen offered online. Add a coffee shop and area for knitters and crocheters to get comfy and I'd be in hog heaven. grin

I had the best lys bottom floor was all yarn go up stairs and was a large room with huge round table facing two french doors she would open and view of Pacific ocean..everyone knitters and crocheters alike would gather at the round table and help each other, gab, laugh and general good time..the room was always stocked with fresh hot coffee, tea and little snack stuff all were welcomed and her adorable scottish terrier dog was the welcoming committee..but alas she closed and had to move as I remember husband job was transfered..it was a sad day indeed..

The the walmart here is the same as yours. I did find a small lys in my little town that I never knew about until a few weeks ago. She doesn't stock much but will order whatever you need. Her prices seem pretty reasonable too. Even better, her store is part of a used bookstore!

:clapNow add a small coffee shop/bar to the yarn/used book store and I probably would spend all day there. Justing sipping, crocheting, and reading. I would be in heaven. :c9

:clapNow add a small coffee shop/bar to the yarn/used book store and I probably would spend all day there. Justing sipping, crocheting, and reading. I would be in heaven. :c9

I'd meet you there.:c9

There is a new yarn store opening in Rhode Island in just a couple of days. It's called Unwind and is located on Post Rd. in East Greenwich. I can't wait! I'm so excited! I'm gonna have a cow! LOL :yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn:yarn

Archived