My butterflies

sgsidekick

Hi, all. I was gonna post the pattern, but had to doublecheck with the guidelines. Unfortunately, since I "reverse engineered" this from a "found" item in some stuff I bought at a yardsale years and years and years ago, it is not actually mine, so I can't post it. But I wanted to show them off, and maybe someone else knows where the original pattern came from. I found this somewhere between 12-20 years ago, so my enduring and undying thanks to whomever created it!

The originals (that I found in the bottom of a box of yardsale books) were actually crocheted with 6 strand embroidery floss.

post-25003-135897418856_thumb.jpg

post-25003-13589741886_thumb.jpg

Very pretty! I made a bunch like that not long ago, and I did the same thing you did--figured out how to make them just by looking at one. They are pretty simple, but very nice looking when finished!

Love your butterflies. Great use of colors. I was recently looking for one to add to an afghan I was working on. Found a pattern on the internet, not sure where now will have to look it up, but I wondered if it is the same pattern?HPIM0306.jpg

Hi. Yes, VERY similiar! On MY first round, it's a solid number of dc, not dc clusters. That looks like the only real difference. It was suggested that I search for the pattern. Hee. When I first figured it out, I wasn't ON the internet!! Few people were, actually. I just today found something similar on Headhugger's website, but again, it more matches the photo you found. But it's close enough, and you can always dink with it.

http://www.headhuggers.org/patterns/adorn_butterfly_c01.htm

Again, this is very similar to the pattern I used...glad I was able to find something close!

• 2 weeks later...

Very cute butterflies. You did a great job. The colors are wonderful.

On a side note, I had made a whole bunch of butterflies for a mobile in my classroom and since I no longer will be teaching preschool (Bad knees) I had to take my mobile home with me.

I then cut all the butterflies off and put them on a wreath. So I recycled a butterfly project, and have something lovely for the county fair.

Just a little imagination, and you can do anything.

:manyheart

Archived